Other soak off gel polish

Thank you both for your feedback - I didn't toss the ASP so I will give it another try. I did replace my base/TIO so hopefully that helps. It has with the current mani.

One thing I wonder from you both, how many coats of TIO/topcoat do you use? When I first started Gelish a few years ago, I noticed while my nails were under the lamp that the TIO looked streaky so I started doing 2 coats. I wonder if that is overkill...?

Also, you both are using the Vitagel Recovery - do you find that it applies nicely, no issues with lifting, etc.? Anything that you differently with the Vitagel vs. traditional base? I know I have found my secret to a lasting mani is FK's "scrubbing" technique and lightly dry brushing but maybe that doesn't work with the Vitagel.

Thanks again! I used to be addicted to the forum and I literally had to take the app off my phone. Now I am out of the loop!
I only apply 1 coat of topcoat, but more coats shouldn't hurt unless the individual coats are too thick for a proper cure. I don't usually have any streaking with my top coat either. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by streaking. Are you referring to dragging and incomplete coverage or are you talking about when the top coat picks up a little product from the inhibition layer of your color? If you're talking about the top coat picking up a little color, that is normal. Any gel polish that requires cleaning of an inhibition layer will have a little product on top of each coat that doesn't cure. I don't yet have any experience with Gelish Top it Off, but I've noticed that Gelish colors have some of the thicker formulas, which don't paint on as thinly without streaking/dragging. All of the top coats I've tried so far have been very thin and spread nicely over the nail with relatively little product. If Top it Off is thick, maybe adding a tiny bit more product to your brush will help with streaking?

Regarding the Vitagel, I apply it with the same technique that you are already using--scrub it in. I found that Vitagel would lift in 3-4 days when just painted on. Scrubbing it in resolved this. It's a very thick formula anyway, so scrubbing it in also helped a lot with uneven application.

I only apply 1 coat of topcoat, but more coats shouldn't hurt unless the individual coats are too thick for a proper cure. I don't usually have any streaking with my top coat either. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by streaking. Are you referring to dragging and incomplete coverage or are you talking about when the top coat picks up a little product from the inhibition layer of your color? If you're talking about the top coat picking up a little color, that is normal. Any gel polish that requires cleaning of an inhibition layer will have a little product on top of each coat that doesn't cure. I don't yet have any experience with Gelish Top it Off, but I've noticed that Gelish colors have some of the thicker formulas, which don't paint on as thinly without streaking/dragging. All of the top coats I've tried so far have been very thin and spread nicely over the nail with relatively little product. If Top it Off is thick, maybe adding a tiny bit more product to your brush will help with streaking?

Regarding the Vitagel, I apply it with the same technique that you are already using--scrub it in. I found that Vitagel would lift in 3-4 days when just painted on. Scrubbing it in resolved this. It's a very thick formula anyway, so scrubbing it in also helped a lot with uneven application.
Thanks! What I meant by streaking is when I applied the TIO and looked at my nails while they were under the lamp, I saw that the TIO which glows, was not glowing evenly. It looked thin in spots. As I applied it, it went on quite nicely, very thin. It wasn't until I peeked at my nails under the lamp that I noticed the streaks.
I definitely experience some of the darker colors getting picked up by TIO brush but had read on here that as long as it wasn't excessive, that's normal. I probably need to do one heavier coat or 2 thin - I try to do the 2 thin but I will focus on my application more.
Out of curiosity you say "gel polish that requires cleaning of an inhibition layer," do you actually clean it off? That is a step I have never heard of.

My addiction to this forum is returning...... :smile: Such a great place to learn!

Very interested! Thank you for posting. I've tried off brands for the uv pots, but not in brush on bottles. I'll definitely purchase some if they end being keepers by you!

Thought I'd give an update... This is the second time I've used the Shellac Elite 99 polish This time I used #40510 Fedora, a dark burgundy brown. Just like the last time, the color applied perfectly. It covered in 2 coats, but I added 3 for a deep rich color. I know there's a lot of skepticism about this polish, but I really like it so far. I use my Opi gel base & Gelish topcoat, and the remove has been just same as my other gel polishes. Hope this helps!

Single bottle $6.99 on Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Elite99-Shell...1445723288&sr=8-1&keywords=elite+99+gel+40510

Pick any 20 colors for $39.99 ($2.00 each) - http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Elit...ny-20-Colors-Of-73-Nails-Soak/2024442497.html

Attachments

• IMG_9613.jpg
    IMG_9613.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 437
Thought I'd give an update... This is the second time I've used the Shellac Elite 99 polish This time I used #40510 Fedora, a dark burgundy brown. Just like the last time, the color applied perfectly. It covered in 2 coats, but I added 3 for a deep rich color. I know there's a lot of skepticism about this polish, but I really like it so far. I use my Opi gel base & Gelish topcoat, and the remove has been just same as my other gel polishes. Hope this helps!

Single bottle $6.99 on Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Elite99-Shell...1445723288&sr=8-1&keywords=elite+99+gel+40510

Pick any 20 colors for $39.99 ($2.00 each) - http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Elit...ny-20-Colors-Of-73-Nails-Soak/2024442497.html

I've got quite a few Elite99 polishes (34 to be exact, but who's counting? :smile:) and really like them. I've got some from their normal gel polish range (come in a Gelish style bottle), their Chameleon (colour changing) range and just got some from their Shellac range which only arrived the other day. I haven't used these yet, although they all applied really nicely on the swatch sticks. I can't wait to try them when it's time for my next mani.

I've got quite a few Elite99 polishes (34 to be exact, but who's counting? :smile:) and really like them. I've got some from their normal gel polish range (come in a Gelish style bottle), their Chameleon (colour changing) range and just got some from their Shellac range which only arrived the other day. I haven't used these yet, although they all applied really nicely on the swatch sticks. I can't wait to try them when it's time for my next mani.
If you have time, I'd love to see swatches of your colors! I'm going to order some more! :biggrin:

Thanks for the heads up. Do either of you have the purple blue color? I wonder if its a dupe for cnd purple purple?

Thanks for the heads up. Do either of you have the purple blue color? I wonder if its a dupe for cnd purple purple?
I didn't get Purple Purple, so I'm not sure. I do have a lot of CND Vinylux that I use on my toes. I currently have CND Vinylux Fedora on my toes & Elite99 Shellac Fedora on my hands... they are a perfect match. I would try it! I really like the brushes & application too.

I didn't get Purple Purple, so I'm not sure. I do have a lot of CND Vinylux that I use on my toes. I currently have CND Vinylux Fedora on my toes & Elite99 Shellac Fedora on my hands... they are a perfect match. I would try it! I really like the brushes & application too.

Thanks for responding so quickly. The reason I was wondering is because the name on their website is different than the cnd color. They called it purple blue or blue purple-something like that. But I know that the cnd color is definitely more of a purple blue, so the Elite99 name sounds more accurate.

When I ordered mine, the numbers (not all the names) matched up between the CND & Elite99. I had to google shellac numbers to see what CND color they matched. I looked at the Elite99 website, and the "purplish-blue" is # 90625. I have Elite99 #90625... it's actually Indigo Frock & it matches my CND Vinylux! They might not have all the same colors though.

Thanks for responding so quickly. The reason I was wondering is because the name on their website is different than the cnd color. They called it purple blue or blue purple-something like that. But I know that the cnd color is definitely more of a purple blue, so the Elite99 name sounds more accurate.
When I ordered mine, the numbers (not all the names) matched up between the CND & Elite99. I had to google shellac numbers to see what CND color they matched. I looked at the Elite99 website, and the "purplish-blue" is # 90625. I have Elite99 #90625... it's actually Indigo Frock & it matches my CND Vinylux! They might not have all the same colors though.

I just ordered the color called Pearl Dark Blue (40530) on Ebay. I hope it's a dupe. If not, it was only $4. Thanks again! :yahoo:

Last edited:
Do these all cure well with LED light? I love some of the frosted or glittery ones you posted in the swatches . How do they wear and how do your nails look after removing ? I am referring to white streaks or white marks on nails .