Orange Spy Bag

Just catching this thread... congrats on you new spy! Am I wrong but now someone just came across a red one?

Lorebunde - kneehighz posted that she saw one at NM, she posted a pic a page back in this thread, but does say the color is not true.

The one I bought is bright orange. The Fendi tag says season 2008/2 color is listed as Melograno (pomegranate in the Italian language). If I had to pick a food, I would call it tangerine, persimmon or pumpkin. Pomegranate evokes a blood red color to me. It just came out here in the US. It looks nothing like the center honey or rust color in the Tribal Spy, because I have that bag. This orange is bright, like a pumpkin! :yes: I don't know if it was made only for the wholesale market (i.e. big department stores), or if it is also available at Fendi boutiques...we don't have one here in Seattle. I do know that there are often styles made for only the wholesale market, that are not available in boutiques. And the same can be said for styles available in Europe versus the US. Saich2 - the Fendi expert on this forum, remains skeptical that this bag is really bright orange, LOL. :graucho:

I moved into the bag this morning and will give her a spin today. The leather is very soft and smooshy, with great bubbly texture on the sides. This color is not for everyone, but I like it more each minute!

All I can say is Fendi have never made a brilliant bright Orange spy, the only one that is sort of orange is the Rust. Its not in any of their Cat., books for past season or this season. Fendi do not make spies just for department stores, so again I am at a loss. I do believe its the Rust you have, I am up in London on Monday if I see a Rust will take pictures.
The main thing is you love the bag thats all that counts.

Mystery now solved - hit the phones last night to try and find out about this. and my apologises must go to jburgh who is quite right - this is a new colour and it is a bright orange. In the UK they do not like giving out information regarding bags other then for the Europe market, it seems Fendi have made an Orange spy but its not for Europe - we have the Lilac and Biscuit plus we had Rust which is a very close colour to the Orange.
Anyway mystery solved - bid congrats to jburgh. I hope to see this bag myself when I come over to the US in May can then compare it to the Rust one. Find it very strange Fendi have made 2 spies so close in colour.

attachment.php

This is one absolutely GORGEOUS bag- congrats!

It is pretty, I love the color. More of a pumpkiny color. I'm an orange person anyway as long as its not too bright. I can see this looking awesome with creme color clothing.

That orange spy is the most gorgeous spy I've ever seen...I love it so much...I almost wanna go to my Bloomies here today and see if they have one for me!

Congrats!!! :heart: