Oran sandals

I have a fairly narrow foot and every time I've tried Orans, I feel like my foot slips a bit too far forward. Has anyone else had this problem and figured out a way to wear them without that happening? I love the Orans and would love to find a way to make it work. I have the Paris loafers, Manege, Santorini and Legend sandals which all work due to style or straps.
Try using a pair of sticky clear ball of the foot inserts (the ones to stop pain from wearing high heels). I use these in a pair of Hermes sandals that are a little bit too wide. They fill the gap a bit and gives your foot some grip. As they are clear, you can position them so they don't show.

Hi everyone!

I finally bought a pair of Oran sandals and received them a few days ago. I’ve been eyeing them for quite a while, but my size was sold out online pretty much all the time. I’m usually a size 39 or 39.5 in normal shoes and decided to order these in 39.5. My left foot is a little bit larger than my right. I think they’re good length wise, but I feel like they might not be secure enough in width. They’re just more loose than a regular shoe I suppose, and I don’t really slip ALL the way forward (my toes don’t ever fall over the front of the slide). I’ve actually never wore slides, so find it very difficult to judge properly. I unfortunately do not live near a Hermes store and size 39 is sold out. I’m scared they might stretch a lot, but maybe they won’t if my foot isn’t too wide. Then again my feet might swell a little also during the summer heat, which might make them more secure. What do you guys think? Does this size look good or should I size down?

Attachments

• A4306DF8-2318-4DA1-874F-2655412ED110.jpeg
    A4306DF8-2318-4DA1-874F-2655412ED110.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 350
  • 32663E79-C0DC-4F8F-B328-3A908233E9FF.jpeg
    32663E79-C0DC-4F8F-B328-3A908233E9FF.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 357
  • F882DDC6-4ED6-4E91-9D09-9E965BF46B61.jpeg
    F882DDC6-4ED6-4E91-9D09-9E965BF46B61.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 340
Hi everyone!

I finally bought a pair of Oran sandals and received them a few days ago. I’ve been eyeing them for quite a while, but my size was sold out online pretty much all the time. I’m usually a size 39 or 39.5 in normal shoes and decided to order these in 39.5. My left foot is a little bit larger than my right. I think they’re good length wise, but I feel like they might not be secure enough in width. They’re just more loose than a regular shoe I suppose, and I don’t really slip ALL the way forward (my toes don’t ever fall over the front of the slide). I’ve actually never wore slides, so find it very difficult to judge properly. I unfortunately do not live near a Hermes store and size 39 is sold out. I’m scared they might stretch a lot, but maybe they won’t if my foot isn’t too wide. Then again my feet might swell a little also during the summer heat, which might make them more secure. What do you guys think? Does this size look good or should I size down?
To me it looks good as I like a little space on my slides as otherwise my heel can bump the end a bit

Reactions: c18027
Hi everyone!

Seems too small

Hi everyone!

Look at the position of your big toe & your heel.. It looks like you are close to the edge
And your feet will likely swell during warm weather
The sandals will not give in length perhaps they will ease in width..

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
I think I’m going to keep this size. I’m scared my heel or toes will fall over the edge if I size down. I read someone said they use a pair of clear foot inserts to make sure the slide is more snug. If I feel like they are not snug enough while walking in them, I can always try that. :smile:

Hi everyone!

I just got my first pair of Orans this weekend from the boutique. I’m usually a true size 37 (sometimes size up to 37.5 in Louboutin and Valentino) and have a flat, somewhat wider foot. I tried on 3 different sizes at the boutique - 37.5, 38, and 38.5. I decided on the 38 and my SA agreed they were the correct fit, which looked the same as what shows in your pictures. My toes and heel are near the edges, but not in any danger of falling off. My heel was off the back end of the 37.5 and the 38.5 was way too long. In terms of potential to stretch, I’ve heard different leathers will stretch more than others.

long story short, looks to me like you’ve got the right size there. Enjoy:tup:

Hi everyone!

Too big :sad:

I also want to share that that fit across materials vary. I've been going back and forth on buying them, this season's green shade pretty much changed my mind. Ive tried 5 different colors/materials in my size and only one felt like the perfect fit. It can really be a hit or miss so if and when possible, it still best to try them on.

Hello all! I am new to Hermes. I usually dabble in Chanel.

However, I am interested in the Oran Sandals.

1. I would love some reviews on the comfort. Do you resole them? The ones I seem to like are the goatskin.

2. How often does a new season of the Oran Sandals come out i.e. if I cannot find my size in the one I like is it best to just wait for next summer's collection?

3. I called the local Hermes and they said to leave a message. They then sent me a text message to make an appointment through the website (appointment.hermes.com). However, this sight does not enable one to make appointments. How can I get in touch with an SA to find out if they have Oran Sandals in stock?

Thank you!

1. I'm planning to resole the bottom. Mine is in goatskin (in Blush color). Only a few Oran made of goatskin.
Comfort level is the highest for goatskin, middle would be Calfskin, and the least comfort would be Epsom.
2. I have no idea on how often they get the new colors.
3. I normally e-mail or text my SA. Even if I left a voice message at the store, someone will get back to me. I never book an appointment online. Maybe they just start doing it now?

Hello all! I am new to Hermes. I usually dabble in Chanel.

However, I am interested in the Oran Sandals.

1. I would love some reviews on the comfort. Do you resole them? The ones I seem to like are the goatskin.

2. How often does a new season of the Oran Sandals come out i.e. if I cannot find my size in the one I like is it best to just wait for next summer's collection?

3. I called the local Hermes and they said to leave a message. They then sent me a text message to make an appointment through the website (appointment.hermes.com). However, this sight does not enable one to make appointments. How can I get in touch with an SA to find out if they have Oran Sandals in stock?

Thank you!

1. I don't have Orans but have had other shoes resoled through H (but not recently)
2 & 3 Don't book through site, doesn't work well for either H or Cartier. Call CS or general number for H in your country a) tell them you're looking for Orans colour/leather/size including complete code - they can tell you if they have any left in your territory, they can also have them sent to nearest store and make an appointment for you. You have to be prepared to follow-up too and be persistent, everything seems very disorganised still/atm. Some places are still shipping at no extra cost and can send a direct 'payment link' through email, some not.