Oprah

So much for innocent until proven guilty...

I would hate to be a man these days. Anyone can say anything and its gospel.

If I were a guy I would get a notary agreement before any consensual sex and a psychological assessment.

Last edited:
Reactions: queennadine
I guess I'm confused why this matters. First off, has Oprah been pro sexual assault at some point? If so, then yes, her now being anti sexual assault would be hypocrisy. The fact that she's now taking a vocal stance on this isn't hypocrisy. Let me ask you, have you ever heard rumors in your own life about certain friends or acquaintances and thought "Hmm...that's not cool, but it's not really my business"?

I stumbled on this thread and it’s interesting reading through people’s comments. I don’t get how anyone can equate Oprah’s pictures with Weinstein as any form of hypocrisy. I saw some pictures/stories posted on Instagram by some ladies, saying Oprah is a hypocrite- and that she has no footing now because she was friends with Weinstein.

Really???? How??????
The quote above by Charles says it best - has she ever been pro sexual assault??? Does the fact that she was friends with someone mean she can’t speak against sexual assault now??? Do we even know what she knew? Even if she heard rumors, what was she to do??? Sexual harassment is such a sensitive topic and you have to tread carefully and be sure you have the facts. All the famous men recently exposed have close friends and family members. Are all these people now somehow to be held accountable???

I am currently going through this at work. My boss is a very good friend of mine. Seemingly a happily married man. A couple of ladies in the office have accused him of improper behavior. One of them has told me specifically that she exaggerated her story because of another incident last year when he took a position not beneficial to her. I advised her to come clean but I am bound by confidential obligations not to expose her. If I wasn’t I would still be worried about speaking out because I would be tagged as not being a supportive female. The other lady seems genuine. All I can do is wait for the company’s investigations. In the meantime, do I have to denounce my friend?? Who has been great to me - to his own detriment at times..
I am a woman, of course I do not support any harassment. But does that mean I must denounce people based on rumors??? (I would definitely feel different if there was some action by any authority based on similar cases reported)

Back to Oprah, we are very funny in the States. We almost always make up our minds strictly based on party lines. Of course most **********s are saying Oprah is a hypocrite or she is too much of a star to run (oh the irony). Of course ********s are super excited and even though they rejected a reality star before, they are all for Oprah now (again, the irony). Of course there are a few who fall outside of this, but most discussions I have read or been involved with fall along party lines. I think everyone should just chill and at least wait until she has a platform before deciding if she will be good or not!!

If I were a guy I would get a notary agreement before any consensual sex and a psychological assessment.
They probably should or just taught better respect for women's choices/bodies...6 in one, half dozen in the other.

They probably should or just taught better respect for women's choices/bodies...6 in one, half dozen in the other.
True for some, but I know I have witnessed women throwing themselves at rich, powerful men. Like people have stated over and over its not always black or white.

I think buying into sex dolls would be a great investment for 2018. If I was a guy, I would not go near a women these days, if was a public figure, famous or had money.

I think it's great timing. I'd bet nothing would have been said about Seal or Franco if they didn't publically position themselves the way they did.

Are you saying you think the women accusing Seal and Franco only came forward because Seal and Franco spoke out against sexual abuse/harassment? So if they hadn't spoken out about it, the women wouldn't have come forward? Just want to make sure I completely understand what you're saying.

Reactions: imgg

Haha! I have zero problems being a man right now, nor do I feel I need to protect myself the way you described. I've been alive with 42 years and somehow have managed not to get accused of sexual assault. You know why...cause I don't sexually assault women. If you don't do that...you have nothing to worry about.

Are you saying you think the women accusing Seal and Franco only came forward because Seal and Franco spoke out against sexual abuse/harassment? So if they hadn't spoken out about it, the women wouldn't have come forward? Just want to make sure I completely understand what you're saying.

Yes, actually. It seems when people choose to publicly position themselves with a certain stance, people are more likely to come out when they know those people have done something that conflicts with that position.

[
Haha! I have zero problems being a man right now, nor do I feel I need to protect myself the way you described. I've been alive with 42 years and somehow have managed not to get accused of sexual assault. You know why...cause I don't sexually assault women. If you don't do that...you have nothing to worry about.

Yes, actually. It seems when people choose to publicly position themselves with a certain stance, people are more likely to come out when they know those people have done something that conflicts with that position.
You assaulted me! Last year when we met up. I am a women, so it must be true.

I am obviously kidding, but that is how easy it seems to be these days. No proof required.

Last edited:
You assaulted me! Last year when we met up. I am a women, so it must be true.

I am obviously kidding, but that is how easy it seems to be these days. No proof required.

*Sigh*
That's not how these things happen.
You do realize that these accusations are getting vetted on some level, yes? While not the court of law, people try their best to fact check the stories on some level. There are usually friends that were told it happened at the time, something tangible that corroborates the details and the timeline of the accusers account, multiple accusers. So you have to have a situation in which it's actually possible to happen. You and I have never met and you have nothing to prove we know each other. We're not FB friends and you don't have my phone number, so it's simply not possible for your accusation to be true.
I'm not gonna deny that some women make up false claims, but either they're easily proven false (ie your accusation towards me) or the man actually had some type of sexual interaction with the woman and something went terribly wrong to where the woman felt compelled to lie (which isn't an excuse, rather an explanation of why it's so rare). Those cases so small it's pointless to use those as examples. It's so unlikely to be a false claim...that it usually isn't false.