Opinion please...looks from others

Luckily, some friends I know are worse than me, but my family and DH's family think bags are a dead investment and think I'm wasting my money if I have more than 2 designer bags in my wardrobe. Maybe their right, but everyone has a weakness for something fabulous be it shoes, watches, cars, diamonds, couture.....for me it has always been about the bags. I have learned to ignore their scathing remarks or funny looks, my motto is you only live life once and if you want to be fabulous in whatever way you choose so be it.

ITA... if you love it, who cares if people give you the look about your bags... life is short, you just have to enjoy it the way you want it to be...

As long as you're paying your bills and not asking anybody to borrow money because you're blowing everything on bags, then who cares? It isn't like it's affecting them at all. It's so irritating.

I had the same thing happen to me at a party with my bf and his buddies. My bf kind of threw me to the wolves and brought up the fact that I'd spent $1600 on a Fendi Spy Bag (brand new with tags no less, thank you very much, that was actually a good deal!). And they all looked at me like I'd grown another head. They started saying how they could never justify spending that much money on something and blahblah. I didn't point out, but I should have, that their collective gun collections (real and airsoft) ranked in the tens of thousands of dollars.

Moral of this story? EVERYONE has something they spend their money on. While it may not be purses for them, maybe it's clothes, or jewelry, or books, or electronics, or whatever.

well said, and ITA. i just wish more people would actually realise that!

I had situations like this arise with certain friends so often that it became unbearable. I felt like I had to defend myself to them for being myself. I don't feel as though having a designer bag makes me "better" than someone who doesn't, but they would make me feel like I was. It got so bad that I now minimize the amount of time I spend with that particular group of people. I'm relieved that I'm not the only one who deals with this :smile:

As much as I completely love Chanel, I still refrain from bringing Chanels to work unless it has a non-chanel feature on it like say, a reissue, no visible logos except the tiny 'CHANEL' inscription on the lock. I wear my Gerard Darel Charlotte to work.
No one at my work would recognize a reissue. But they would recognize a medium flap or any bag with a 'CC' clasp or symbol on it. Unfortunately, thanks to the myriad of cambon fakes... :censored:

I think it's so funny how people outside of this forum doesn't realize that everyone has a hobby or an interest that suits them. :confused1:

My DH buys music processors and expensive mikes. He used to give me a hard time till I pointed out that he has expensive tastes as well.

He's very good about it now and very supportive as you lovely ladies. I just wish I can wear my garb the way I'd like & not save it for weekends. :P

sorry ladies, my DH pointed out that it's mics & not mikes.:roflmfao:

I think it's so funny how people outside of this forum doesn't realize that everyone has a hobby or an interest that suits them. :confused1:

My DH buys music processors and expensive mikes. He used to give me a hard time till I pointed out that he has expensive tastes as well.

He's very good about it now and very supportive as you lovely ladies. I just wish I can wear my garb the way I'd like & not save it for weekends. :P

I seriously don't even think about this... and frankly, I work in a field/office that it wouldn't matter. The men are in expensive clothes/shoes as much as the women are and at that, I work in a male dominated office anyway.

I also don't think people who disagree with how much I spend on fashion are "haters". I often just feel that they have different priorities than I do. If it weren't for my husband, I wouldn't have a huge plasma TV or half of the electronics we do. I simply don't care about them. Just different strokes for different folks.

::yawn:: i so know what you girls mean...but i carry my growing family of REAL bags (12 Chanels, 3 LVs, 1 Dior, 1 Chloe metallic Silverado hobo, 2 guccis, 1 Balenciaga twiggy, 1 Fendi spy) happily and jauntily, all the time, and if someone is intimidated by them, judges me, thinks its an outrageous waste of money, thinks i'm a label snob (re: that, they're so right..:tup:) whatever, well then sc_ _ _ 'em!

:yahoo:

I have a cousin who heckles me - she says she would "never" pay that much money for a handbag or sunglasses. The funny thing is, she has a (horrendous) Chanel that is very obviously fake. And real Chanel sunglasses that a friend of ours gave her. She kind of has a point, but I enjoy the gratification of knowing that I paid for my goods with my own money. I can spend it how I want. I don't need to answer to her, or anyone else for that matter.

I need some opinions from you lovely ladies.

Do you ever feel like you're getting the raised eyebrows from people you work with because of the bags, shoes, etc. you have bought?

I am fortunately luck enough to purchase Chanel items but feel ashamed to carry them. I adore my co-workers, my friends but I feel like they judge me on how much I spend.

I am a label snob, but that only pertains to me. I don't judge you if you wear payless or Chanel head to toe, but I don't want to be judged because of what I wear.

Do any of you feel like that sometimes?:sad:

Omg thank GOODNESS I am not the only one!!! I love this forum so much precisely we all have the same obsession and wouldn't judge another PFer on the amount she spends (no matter how insane) right? I have colleagues I am afraid to tell how much my bag costs simply because they think spending anything more than $500 (roughly equivalent to USD330) on a bag is too much! Plus (I don't mean to judge) they wouldn't know a Chanel bag if it hit them in the face (honestly).

I also have some (a few) friends who would "lecture" me on spending a couple thousand on a bag when I am supposed to be getting married and saving for my apt (blah blah). Also the same friends who think I should change my spending habits, be more financially savvy etc simply because they think they are!

Basically (and I apologise if I am sounding like I am trying too hard to justify myself here) I am not ashamed of spending on a bag I really like once in a while if a) I can afford it and b) I don't have to give up essentials such as food, mortgage etc to buy the bag. I mean, I work hard for my money and I shd be entitled to spend it however I want right??? As long as I don't hurt anybody while I'm doing it...

I secretly feel that some of these pple who judge are actually jealous that they could never bring themselves to spend that much on something they really like...

As long as you're paying your bills and not asking anybody to borrow money because you're blowing everything on bags, then who cares? It isn't like it's affecting them at all. It's so irritating.

Yes I totally agree!! I don't understand why they have to force their opinions on you unless they're seriously jealous that you have enough disposable cash to spend on such bags and look FAB carrying them!!