Opinion please...looks from others

Omg thank GOODNESS I am not the only one!!! I love this forum so much precisely we all have the same obsession and wouldn't judge another PFer on the amount she spends (no matter how insane) right? I have colleagues I am afraid to tell how much my bag costs simply because they think spending anything more than $500 (roughly equivalent to USD330) on a bag is too much! Plus (I don't mean to judge) they wouldn't know a Chanel bag if it hit them in the face (honestly).

I also have some (a few) friends who would "lecture" me on spending a couple thousand on a bag when I am supposed to be getting married and saving for my apt (blah blah). Also the same friends who think I should change my spending habits, be more financially savvy etc simply because they think they are!

Basically (and I apologise if I am sounding like I am trying too hard to justify myself here) I am not ashamed of spending on a bag I really like once in a while if a) I can afford it and b) I don't have to give up essentials such as food, mortgage etc to buy the bag. I mean, I work hard for my money and I shd be entitled to spend it however I want right??? As long as I don't hurt anybody while I'm doing it...

I secretly feel that some of these pple who judge are actually jealous that they could never bring themselves to spend that much on something they really like...

I totally agree shinyhair - I'm tired of people who make comments about my bags although lately not many ppl..ppl at my work are pretty quiet and only once my boss said with a mischievious smile that he knows i Love shopping..that's about it..haha

there's a 'friend' of mine who gawks at my bags too meanwhile, she is dressed horrendously (sorry!)..she wears thick ankle socks with sandals (the walking kinda sandals) and track bottoms to work!!!!!! OMG

so..anyway..I just ignore it and laugh inside when they make remarks and sooner or later, they get tired of making remarks..and will just look longingly at our purses..haha :wlae:

I think each person has different priority on their life. Some people loves to gamble (for example) and don't want to spend money on luxury bag. It's just a matter of principal and I think this has been discussed for SOOOO MANY times ;)