One coupon sold for over $200??? Really????

Status
Not open for further replies.
lied to make a sale... arrived fast though, as if that really mattered. boo :sad:
Member id deviant_soul ( Feedback Score Of 8 ) Oct-28-05 14:06
Reply by jackiecupcake82 (Oct-29-05 16:29):
NEVER lied, person wanted free nude photos and was a crazy weirdo!
Follow-up by deviant_soul (Oct-30-05 10:52):
Q: will you wear and play in these before shipping them? Your answer: sure

One of her feedbacks via toolhaus...

FreshLilies said:
So... I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this but...

I found her twitter. Tweets have been privated. She says her location is "Hell on earth (Arizona)" which is very different from the Michigan posted on eBay.

On Twitter, her full name is listed. Upon Googling her name, I found that she is/was a 4th grade public elementary school teacher in Arizona. It also lists the school's name. She has tried unsuccessfully for two years to have her classroom adopted at Adoptaclassroom.org

She has two MyLife profiles, one in Michigan, one in Arizona. She is 29 years old. On her classroom website, she has this bio listed about herself.
"I relocated to Arizona from Michigan nearly three years ago. This is my fourth year of teaching. Prior to teaching, I worked as a substitute teacher, and special needs tutor. I have a B.S. in Elementary Education from Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan."

Do I dare dig deeper...

Wow your good! If I ever need a PI I know who to call.

this is either laundering money or a way of paying someone without having a paper trail

i.e. if you wire money thru western union you pay a large fee and the person needs id to pick up the money there is a paper trail

this way is small sums of money that no one really notices and ebay is large so it hard to follow the pattern

or someone is just overpaying for a $2 coupon
If this were the case...couldn't she just do a buy it now? Seems a lot faster than bidding, lol!
I have scrutinized the ad and cannot find anything out of the ordinary. And I bet if the "wrong" person won the auction, she would send them the actual coupon instead of whatever it is she is hiding.

lied to make a sale... arrived fast though, as if that really mattered. boo :sad:
Member id deviant_soul ( Feedback Score Of 8 ) Oct-28-05 14:06
Reply by jackiecupcake82 (Oct-29-05 16:29):
NEVER lied, person wanted free nude photos and was a crazy weirdo!
Follow-up by deviant_soul (Oct-30-05 10:52):
Q: will you wear and play in these before shipping them? Your answer: sure

One of her feedbacks via toolhaus...

Great investigating, she's selling used underwear!

ok, now you have me intrigued as well. wth is going on with these auctions? I have looked at the feedback and checked a couple of buyers, they seem to be buying coins and things of value like that from other sellers? It's late, but I am anal, so I'll look at a lot more feedback tomorrow and try to find some connection.

maybe there is a website out there somewhere that cracks the code? And what is the big thing about the expiration being 3/30/13? especially when in another part of the auction it says expires 12/31/11?

I found her twitter. Tweets have been privated. She says her location is "Hell on earth (Arizona)" which is very different from the Michigan posted on eBay.

On Twitter, her full name is listed. Upon Googling her name, I found that she is/was a 4th grade public elementary school teacher in Arizona. It also lists the school's name. She has tried unsuccessfully for two years to have her classroom adopted at Adoptaclassroom.org

She has two MyLife profiles, one in Michigan, one in Arizona. She is 29 years old. On her classroom website, she has this bio listed about herself.
"I relocated to Arizona from Michigan nearly three years ago. This is my fourth year of teaching. Prior to teaching, I worked as a substitute teacher, and special needs tutor. I have a B.S. in Elementary Education from Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan."

Do I dare dig deeper...
Yes! Please do!! I need to know more!! This is so strange!!

ok, now you have me intrigued as well. wth is going on with these auctions? I have looked at the feedback and checked a couple of buyers, they seem to be buying coins and things of value like that from other sellers? It's late, but I am anal, so I'll look at a lot more feedback tomorrow and try to find some connection.

maybe there is a website out there somewhere that cracks the code? And what is the big thing about the expiration being 3/30/13? especially when in another part of the auction it says expires 12/31/11?

Most of the auctions make it difficult to read the actual coupons, because the flash was used. But on some you can see that the dates that she's listing are the actual expiration dates. Even if this were some kind of fraud with coupons, that wouldn't explain why the bidding goes so high on some.

There has to be something else that she's selling or doing... :thinking:

So I also looked into the completed auctions for other free product coupons, and while the ones that go quite (strangely) high are hers, there are others.

For instance, this auction { http://www.ebay.com/itm/FREE-Chicke...471?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20c122237f } was for a $3.00 coupon that went for $66.00!! It does say you get extra savings, but who in their right mind would bid that much for maybe a few extra dollars of savings?

What is in the envelop/ special gift for your family????
I can't wait to figure out what are these Ebayers are selling.

It has to be something special in that parcel.:lol:

I am so curious myself...especially since eBay suspended my new account over pricing concerns " why am I selling a 1 k Vince jacket for 350 n other sellers are asking 600.00 up and why am I selling another jacket for 125 when others are asking 498.00 . They say it must be knockoffs even though I got positive feedback for all my items n I faxed them receipts from bloomies saks n nordtroms. they don't see this stuff I guess.

I actually started googling the date codes right off the bat, havent found anything yet but as far as i know most coupons dont have expiration dates over a year away, im not a big coupon person so i could be wrong.

I bet that's where the answer lies:graucho:

Do I dare dig deeper...

Wow, if she is selling used underwear or doing something illicit, I would not want her teaching my kids! If you were able to find her, she is not using a phony identity on her ebay account. If she is involved in illegal activities, I am surprised she is not afraid of being found out, especially with a teaching position that she could jeopardize.

Status
Not open for further replies.