One coupon sold for over $200??? Really????

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FREE-SPECTR...705?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256b93ce71

I asked the seller exactly what I'll get if I win this auction. I said they state it's worth max $9.99 but bidding is over $200, that there must be something else involved. They said the auction is for the coupn(s) listed and they 'have no clue' why the bidding went so high. Right.

Could it be a prostitution ring?
That could explain some of the wording!
Paying for my time to clip the coupons.:giggles::giggles::angel::blush:

Ebay investigate an auction that is adding megabucks to its bottom line? ROFL!

There's no quesiton that something isn't kosher and sellers like this one give good TRS a bad name.

I meant would the TV station investigate it (I should have made my post more clear). I know ebay could care less, and it is making them money so I'm sure they just turn a blind eye.

"I am not affiliated with the coupon listed for sale. You are bidding on my time to clip, sort, and mail the coupon."

I would spend my whole day clipping coupons if my time were worth as much as hers seems to be :lol:

LOL! I guess I found out how to make some spare cash while being unemployed. I mean if I can make $200 for every coupon I clip I could potentially be a millionaire! I coupon as often as possible because of the whole broke student thing, but I guess I should stop using them myself and start selling them on ebay! I didn't know my $2 shampoo coupon could potentially be worth $200! Where do I sign up?? :lol:

There is only one solution... one of us must win one of her auctions and see what comes in the mail. Nose goes!

I would actually try this if I had the money, but I'm sure if the 'wrong' person wins an auction they'll cancel the bid or do something else to get out of it.
There has to be a code somehwere so the bidders know what it is (& what quanity) they're going to get. Perhaps it has something to do with the amount of the coupon? Like $4.00 is 4 grams or ounces, etc? I'm going to get in touch with a few long time ebay sellers I know and ask them what they think.

this is either laundering money or a way of paying someone without having a paper trail

i.e. if you wire money thru western union you pay a large fee and the person needs id to pick up the money there is a paper trail

this way is small sums of money that no one really notices and ebay is large so it hard to follow the pattern

or someone is just overpaying for a $2 coupon

So... I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this but...

I found her twitter. Tweets have been privated. She says her location is "Hell on earth (Arizona)" which is very different from the Michigan posted on eBay.

On Twitter, her full name is listed. Upon Googling her name, I found that she is/was a 4th grade public elementary school teacher in Arizona. It also lists the school's name. She has tried unsuccessfully for two years to have her classroom adopted at Adoptaclassroom.org

She has two MyLife profiles, one in Michigan, one in Arizona. She is 29 years old. On her classroom website, she has this bio listed about herself.
"I relocated to Arizona from Michigan nearly three years ago. This is my fourth year of teaching. Prior to teaching, I worked as a substitute teacher, and special needs tutor. I have a B.S. in Elementary Education from Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan."

Do I dare dig deeper...

Status
Not open for further replies.