OMG, Nail polish remover facial!!!!

sally.m

O.G.
Apr 14, 2008
Im sat at work and one of my customers comes in and we get chatting. She tells me she has recently started going to see my doctor for botox and fillers. We get chatting about some miracle cream she has seen on the internet and i moan about my greasy skin. She tells me she has the same problem so she puts nail polish remover on a cotton pad and wipes it over her face!!! WOW! Really!? I think the look on my face has one of horror!!!

She tells me the dirt it removes is amazing even after she has washed her face with regular products.

I'll give most things a go but im not quite sure i will be giving myself an acetone facial just yet!!!

How dangerous do you think it is? I mean, it removes nail polish!

I couldnt believe it when she told me, Some toners sting my face, Can you imagine the burn from nail polish remover!!!! Ouchie!

I didnt ask her, but at what point to you think to yourself, " I know, Lets see if this wil remove the oil from my skin"???

I rememer ages ago the presented on a local radio station accidentally took a swig of polish remover in the night as it was on her nightstand next to a bottle of water. She could barely talk her throat was so rough.

I couldnt believe it when she told me, Some toners sting my face, Can you imagine the burn from nail polish remover!!!! Ouchie!

I didnt ask her, but at what point to you think to yourself, " I know, Lets see if this wil remove the oil from my skin"???

I rememer ages ago the presented on a local radio station accidentally took a swig of polish remover in the night as it was on her nightstand next to a bottle of water. She could barely talk her throat was so rough.

and how dirty do you need to be?

OMG! She must be damaging her skin so much.

I think I recall one of my friends telling me they use acetone in the lab to dissolve tissue. I wonder if what she thinks is "dirt" is actually a layer of her skin? Shudder. :wacko:

OMG.

I'm afflicted with heavy oily skin and the only thing I found that works for my fairly thick skin (I need to preface it with this as my skin can handle it, YMMV if you have sensitive skin) is twice-a-week gentle exfoliation with a face brush in the shower

I can't even use nail polish remover with acetone on my fingernails. It makes the skin down my fingers peel for days and dehydrates the tips making them painful. I can't image what it would do to my face. That's nuts.

I had dermaplaning done once and they used acetone on my face in the beginning. They used it so that it would seriously dry my skin. Then they took the razor and lightly sloughed off all that dead/dried out skin...your face feels amazing after! Some people prefer dermaplane over microderm since it doesn't pull at your skin, but still gives you the same benefits. Either way, I haven't done it again...good skin care, exfoliating and healthy eating have given me the same benefits.

As for toners, yea they can be good, but something that harsh is just going to cause her skin to produce even more oil. I prefer to fight oil with oil, that's why I just use a little green tea for toner and then coconut oil for a moisturizer...it works wonders for me!