OMG, Nail polish remover facial!!!!

i am sitting her doing my nails and thinking to myself that the remover is kind of burning my nose and there is just no way I would put that on my face , I don't card how good it make my skin look - the thought of it is making my skin burn !

OMG that is frightening.

I can't understand how anyone could mistake NPR for something else. As soon as I open the bottle I am hit with its extreme odour.

Actually, my dermatologist used to use acetone to prep my skin for glycolic peels. I would wash my face w/ Cetaphil, then the nurse would swipe a cotton pad over my face with acetone on it to get rid of any remaining dirt, then they would apply the glycolic peel. I asked what it was once because it smelled like nail polish remover.

Actually, my dermatologist used to use acetone to prep my skin for glycolic peels. I would wash my face w/ Cetaphil, then the nurse would swipe a cotton pad over my face with acetone on it to get rid of any remaining dirt, then they would apply the glycolic peel. I asked what it was once because it smelled like nail polish remover.

That's insaine! Hell, I'd rather rubbing alcohol be used instead of acetone!

My brother used to work at a BIG boat manufacturing plant. They used vats of acetone to clean some of the tools used to shape and apply fiberglass. There was a huge spill and, to make a long story short, my brother has permanent liver damage and has to have a procedure similar to dialysis performed at least monthly, probably for the rest of his life. He was in his early 30's when it happened.
Be careful out there, ladies, please.

^Now THAT is scary. Just thinking of using nail polish remover on my face was scary enough, but that is horrifying. Sorry that happened to your brother, Mitzy...I hope the treatments aren't too rough on him.

I couldnt believe it when she told me, Some toners sting my face, Can you imagine the burn from nail polish remover!!!! Ouchie!

I didnt ask her, but at what point to you think to yourself, " I know, Lets see if this wil remove the oil from my skin"???

I rememer ages ago the presented on a local radio station accidentally took a swig of polish remover in the night as it was on her nightstand next to a bottle of water. She could barely talk her throat was so rough.

Oh my god, poor girl!!

My brother used to work at a BIG boat manufacturing plant. They used vats of acetone to clean some of the tools used to shape and apply fiberglass. There was a huge spill and, to make a long story short, my brother has permanent liver damage and has to have a procedure similar to dialysis performed at least monthly, probably for the rest of his life. He was in his early 30's when it happened.
Be careful out there, ladies, please.

Gosh did he get medical support from that plant?! That's terrible.