OMG! I got the dreaded letter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, my question was going to be about your return history. I going on purchasing sprees from Coach and I haven't ever received a letter. My sister buys a TON from Coach every time there's something new and has never received a letter. I would certainly give them a call, it can't hurt.
I think it's because your sister and you are different names different files which leads me to ask..
I personally don't do alot of returns -- if I get it I'll use it, even if I don't use it, its stored in my closet and recycled out as gifts -- and of course if I get it for my sisters and mom, they don't return it either b/c I see them using it...

The most return/exchange was when my mom was here bc she kept changing her mind but other than that very rarely would I return.

but I don't know about the gift items if any of them takes it in to get exchanged, but that shouldn't effect me right?

does your mom buy under her name or does your name and info get captured?

fyi it is a human error first, computer error second

OP, can you give us an idea of how many bags, wallets, wristlets, keychains, etc. you have purchased in the past year? Just a ballpark figure... no need to add up exact numbers from receipts or anything. Just in sheer numbers, how many? Because a lot of people want to know what number/pattern you have to hit before you get the "dreaded letter," and maybe you can clue us in?

Some people think they will get the letter because they buy three bags and return two of them...

I can't recall what I purchased for relatives that visited.

I just pulled the longest receipt for the holidays the most on there is 17 small accessories with 2 handbags.
so that being the longest, other time when I stop in I would pick up like 3 of each clearance item -- oh and I would only buy those when they have the 20% coupons! & I don't even go to all of those 20% off coupon events. Its already rare enough when they have the 20%. and I only stopped in 8 times total last year.

I don't mean I buy all the clearance item at 3 each,
I meant I'll look for something I like in clearance and if I like it, I'll buy like 3 being their cap -- and only applies to small accessories.

I think it's because your sister and you are different names different files which leads me to ask..

My sister and I live in completely different parts of the country and different last names so I am not saying that they are combining her purchases and mine, my reason for mentioning her is that she purchases at least 15 Coach bags a year just for herself and that doesn't count when she buys gifts (last Christmas alone she purchase two purses for her mother in law, 1 bag/1 wallet/1 accessory for each of her daughters and her three sisters (which includes me), her sister in laws, and for her colleagues she also purchases Coach items for).

I agree that it's human error first, computer error second.

OP, I would call Customer Service first and see what can be done or as others have suggested especially if you explain why, pay cash or purchase at other stores who sell Coach.

does your mom buy under her name or does your name and info get captured?

fyi it is a human error first, computer error second

my mom's purchases and returns are all under my name - b/c my mom only goes to the outlet when I take her so I usually take care of all the paperwork stuff for her when she shops.

my mom's purchases and returns are all under my name - b/c my mom only goes to the outlet when I take her so I usually take care of all the paperwork stuff for her when she shops.

I don't have an outlet near me, so what is the paperwork stuff? Is it when she has done the return?

I am now wondering if Coach has different flags for the Outlet then they would for the FP stores.

I don't have an outlet near me, so what is the paperwork stuff? Is it when she has done the return?

I am now wondering if Coach has different flags for the Outlet then they would for the FP stores.

Well basically when you return/exchange they'll ask you to fill in the personal information, so I usually start on that 'paperwork' and let my mom shop & if she picks something we'll exchange it out.

I'd tell them to stuff that letter where the sun doesn't shine. Then pay cash at the outlet and refuse to give your name, or buy from department stores. Coach-branded stores/outlets/boutiques aren't the ONLY places to acquire the product from. This thing with their letters and their over-inflated opinions of themselves is BS.

I totally agree! I think for me personally, I'm never going to use or buy Coach items again.-- I wasn't a reseller before, but they're making me become one! I'm gonna sell off my whole collection!
& I have a pretty extensive collection too!
Jerkos!!!!

but there is a cheap side of me makes me kinda wanna still buy from Coach b/c they're the cheapest practical gifts to give to people! :P
maybe I'll just start using cash as you suggested.

I see kate spade in the outlets now -- maybe I'll start buying kate spade -as gifts.

HUH?!? I'm new to Coach forum and if I understand this correctly Coach will ban you if you buy too many of their bags??? What?! Wouldn't they *want* you to buy as many of their bags as possible? Perhaps I don't understand the reseller issue that Coach is experiencing - is it that bad? Perhaps someone can explain...

HUH?!? I'm new to Coach forum and if I understand this correctly Coach will ban you if you buy too many of their bags??? What?! Wouldn't they *want* you to buy as many of their bags as possible? Perhaps I don't understand the reseller issue that Coach is experiencing - is it that bad? Perhaps someone can explain...

its to prevent people from buying alot of stuff at the outlets and reselling it. It isnt supposed to be for people who buy for personal use.

Did you always bring your receipt in with you to make your returns?

Yup, I sure do. I even have gift receipts that I place with the items, just in case I lose the original receipts at least i still have some type of purchase history. I think that only happened once though where I actually had to use a gift receipt.

I went in once know I was going to clean them out with gifts and they love to hand you those giant brown shopping bags and say,"how about this? or do you think your mom would like this?" I've had some pretty long receipts too. Geeez.. I wasn't worried before but goodness, now you got me thinking.

My returns have been 3 items. And that's between FP and outlet. That's it. Period.

So sorry OP. I hope this gets resolved for you so you can enjoy the brand again. I know it's left a bad taste in your mouth.

The only reason I'm asking is because I return with receipts ALL the time. The SA's encourage me to buy both of the bags I'm debating between and bring back the one I don't want. (B/c if I wait and don't buy it, chances are it wont be there when I come back for it.) So their policy is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.