Okay Jim Long, we give up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever Jim Long is, he's always polite, respectful and friendly. I, for one, appreciate it when anyone is easy to get along with. I've seen PFers get into bitter arguments over shampoo brands and ways to cook fish, so it's always nice when someone is just here to talk bags and share pics.

". Awhile back I was married to someone all too American, and it just didn't work out for me, the cultural gap was too much (I know that will amaze a lot of people). "

Should we "American" gals be offended by that comment!!! ??? :shrugs:

Hmmm....girlfriend?? Dating? Fiance? Ring???? Hmmm...which is it to be??

we're not so much suspicious as curious Jim. Be flattered. This is just so unusual....and so many bags all at once. It makes a girl ask questions....

Maybe guys from GB are just a lot different from guys in America. If I knew an American guy on here who was talking about pressies and the like, I would know that he is gay. :smile: :heart: Or another option would be that he is like that kid in the Brad Paisley song - I love country music, so here is the Youtubelink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GcVnhNjWV0

Or another option would be that the person is incognito and trying to pull our leg for a big ole April Fool's joke. :lol::ninja:

But I guess Jim, being from Great Britain, is just a different breed from most American guys. Do any of you girls from Great Britain know guys like Jim? Gosh, they just don't make them like that here in the U.S. But regardless, we welcome you, Jim. :welcome: And you are one fast learner - I consider myself pretty smart, but I certainly didn't have the Balenciaga lingo down in the short amount of time that you have managed it. You are good.

Jim Long, International Man of Mystery, you DO have GREAT taste in Bbags etc and truly ARE a good bag-stylist/photographer so as a punishment for your joining in with this thread I vote that you offer to take our Bag-Beauty-Shots for us for the next year..

I'm going to give my unsolicited 2 cents on why threads like this bother me, and I mean no disrespect to the OP, as I think she simply has a strong wit and was trying to be funny in regards to some of her sucpicions.

I've been on other brand forums here where this same thing has happened and it starts out fun and innocent, but what always happens, is a gang mentality forms and before you know it, there's a large group of people jumping to assumptions, even if it is all fun, and almost ganging up on a person.

I always think in the back of my mind, what if this person is legit. How awkward? What if he got worried about buying a fake bag and that's how he found this place? That's how I found it. What if we were nice here and that's why he stayed...because he figured out there were a lot of wise bbag gals that could make his search for presents much easier.

I know we've all been duped before and there's that fear of being made the fool, but listen, I manage to make a fool of myself all the time w/no help from anyone, so if I'm wrong on JIM, meh...so I'm wrong. I'd rather be wrong and make him feel invited and welcome that make him feel like a target.

And, if anyone wants some comic relief, I could gladly share my weekly adventures into embarrassment and fooldome with you...

Maybe guys from GB are just a lot different from guys in America. If I knew an American guy on here who was talking about pressies and the like, I would know that he is gay.

But I guess Jim, being from Great Britain, is just a different breed from most American guys. Do any of you girls from Great Britain know guys like Jim? Gosh, they just don't make them like that here in the U.S.

No no different, i know none like Jim................ most guys i know may go to a forum about football or maybe even women but not handbags!!! :P

oh gawd.......nobody's paranoid......

There are many pfers who don't believe it. What's so shocking or terrible about that?

Go back and read his V-day thread, there are tons of comments in that thread implying the same....that thread cracked me up.:lol:

I'm going to give my unsolicited 2 cents on why threads like this bother me, and I mean no disrespect to the OP, as I think she simply has a strong wit and was trying to be funny in regards to some of her sucpicions.

I've been on other brand forums here where this same thing has happened and it starts out fun and innocent, but what always happens, is a gang mentality forms and before you know it, there's a large group of people jumping to assumptions, even if it is all fun, and almost ganging up on a person.

I always think in the back of my mind, what if this person is legit. How awkward? What if he got worried about buying a fake bag and that's how he found this place? That's how I found it. What if we were nice here and that's why he stayed...because he figured out there were a lot of wise bbag gals that could make his search for presents much easier.

I know we've all been duped before and there's that fear of being made the fool, but listen, I manage to make a fool of myself all the time w/no help from anyone, so if I'm wrong on JIM, meh...so I'm wrong. I'd rather be wrong and make him feel invited and welcome that make him feel like a target.

And, if anyone wants some comic relief, I could gladly share my weekly adventures into embarrassment and fooldome with you...

Well said!:tup:

I could not agree more. That is why I stopped going to other forum; the gang mentality. The B-bags gals (and guys) are some of the nicest around. :smile:

gals come oooooooonnn -

BACK OFF!!!!

leave him alone to be awesome, just the way he is - honestly, if you don't have anything else to do besides worry if some very nice man who loves his girl very much is for real or not, WE SHOULD START A THREAD ABOUT YOU.

:woohoo:Jim Long, you rock :woohoo:

please please don't let the words of a few influence your opinion about this forum, we think you're totally great and love having you around....

Status
Not open for further replies.