Oh Please Help - It's really bad, and getting worse...

I really dislike ebay... I've successfully sold several purses there but have been too afraid to list more. Even my bag purchases have been limited to let-trade and tPF members I find on ebay. I'm just biding my time till I can put in an application to join the marketplace here so I can buy and sell to people who aren't crazy or out to scam me.

I agree! Congrats on your baby! My little girl is 3 months old! I am IN LOVE with her! I've already had quiet moments of bliss, whispering to her about all the shopping trips we're going to take to buy handbags...Ahhh... :heart:

I have always been told that Prada will not authenticate. If there is an authentication service, I would like more information about it if you have it, e.g. where to send the bags, if there is a phone number for further information, etc. The stores on Madison and on 57th in NYC will not authenticate.

Ruemode:
Here's what I have found to work with getting Paypal's immediate attention working in your favor against people like this.
There is a number on the back of your Paypal debit card. Call that number. Go through all of their automated garbage and wait for a prompt to speak to a customer service rep. Tell them you want to speak to someone in Dipute Resolution. When they transfer you, ask to speak to a Supervisor. Tell them (the supervisor)the entire story with all the details. If you get no immediate help, start by filing a claim with the BBB of California and the BBB of Nebraksa against Paypal. Then file a complaint with the Attorney General of the state of Nebraska against Paypal. Then file a claim with the FTC against Paypal. All of these complaints and claims can be filed via the Internet. Then call back Paypal and tell them to note on your claim from this buyer that you have filed complaints with all of these government entities, with the claims/complaint numbers etc. This does work and will get Paypal working for YOU, not the buyer, but you have to treat Paypal this way in order to get their attention. Believe me, there are enough complaints with all of these government agencies that they start sweating when they know you mean business and that the buyer is either a scammer or con artist or just an idiot with buyer's remorse.
Do not back down, and yes, it can be a hassle, but if you do tackle the problem by putting the heat on Paypal you will prevail. It worked for me with an idiot I had to deal with.
I hope this helps and good luck! Don't let one fool spoil ebay for you.
Carrie

Thanks Carrie! This was actually my husband's advice, too - to go after PayPal to the bitter end. Do you think I should wait for a resolution of the claim, first? In other words, see whether or not they'll rule in my favor and restore the negative balance in my account?

Ruemode:
No. Don't wait. If you wait until Paypal resolves the claim first, it will be nearly impossible to get your money, since it's a big ticket item.
Make sure when you call Paypal that you insist on speaking with a supervisor in Dispute Resolution. After you tell them the details of the case, if you are getting nowhere with the supervisor, go ahead and threaten them with all the complaints with the BBB, FTC and the AG of Nebraska. I can tell you this. The AG of Nebraska is all over Paypal's a** right now, and the FTC is gathering up all the complaints about Paypal not protecting sellers and their business practices, and apparently are getting ready to launch another investigation into Paypal's "Buyer Protection" policy, after they receive enough complaints to get the go ahead.
This is a big ticket item, and frankly, the item I had a problem with was a $70 Coogi sweater I had sold to a guy who rec'd, wore it and ruined it and then filed a claim almost 30 days later, stating the sweater was stretched out. When I got the sweater back, he had snagged the entire front of it, and I can guarantee it had never been worn by anyone, prior to me sending it to him. Paypal found in his favor, but I made such a stink about it that Paypal re-imbursed my account for the deduction.
It's the old squeaking wheel thing. And I did file complaints with all the agencies, which is the only reason they gave in. Paypal does not want anymore problems with the AG of Nebraska, and I don't think they would want the AG of Nebraska to get wind of your case either.
Keep your chin up and don't give in to them. Your case sounds like a total scam by the buyer. I hope your Prada bag isn't on it's way to Nigeria or Romania by now. And any man who would be embarassed by taking a bag into Prada to have it authenticated has no business buying one on ebay. The whole thing sounds fishy to me on his end.
I feel for ya!
Let me know if I can help out in anyway.
Carrie

Ruemode:
The other issue I wanted to tell you about is the feedback. Do not worry about a negative. Honestly, buyers will take into account a bad transaction/negative feedback and they know that sometimes there are just crazies out there who no one can please.
I used to be anal about my feedback, until I ran into a woman who bought two Lilly dresses from me and then tried to buy another one for me for a whopping $20.00 (it was NWT and a very rare print). When I told her absolutely not, she started threatening me with all sorts of craziness. I finally told her if I received one more email from her I would call the local police department where she lived and have her picked up for harassment. That stopped her emails finally. She sent me 13 emails in an 8 hour period.
Of course, she left me a negative feedback, (my first), and I just followed up with an explantion, including her offer of the outside transaction and also left her the most scathing and rotten feedback I could muster up. She then tried to have the negative feedback I left for her removed through Square Trade, which I declined. Then she contacted me again and asked if I would remove my neg. feedback, she, in turn, would remove hers. I told her to stuff it and decided to wear that negative like a badge of honor. All of my repeat and long time customers knew better. I even received an email from a long time buyer of mine about the negative feedback this nutso left, and she was sympathizing with me and told me not to worry about it reflecting on my reputation as a seller on ebay.
So there you go. Don't let Dandy Andy rain on your Prada Parade!
Carrie

Ruemode:
The other issue I wanted to tell you about is the feedback. Do not worry about a negative. Honestly, buyers will take into account a bad transaction/negative feedback and they know that sometimes there are just crazies out there who no one can please.
. . . All of my repeat and long time customers knew better. I even received an email from a long time buyer of mine about the negative feedback this nutso left, and she was sympathizing with me and told me not to worry about it reflecting on my reputation as a seller on ebay.
So there you go. Don't let Dandy Andy rain on your Prada Parade!
Carrie

:yes: Absolutely. I was devastated (I posted here about it) when I received untrue, aggressive negative feedback but I soon realised it meant I hadn't given into bullying by being so afraid of retaliatory negatives that I gave in to nastiness by a very unpleasant character and I had done the rest of Ebay a service by getting his tactics out in the open - leaving it up to them to decide. I also got two emails from previous contacts saying how appalled they were and no one has ever raised it with me. Use your right of reply clearly and calmly - people will see you're the good guy!

That's excellent advice, Sooky and CitCat. I'm pleased with what I manage to squeeze into the few characters of my reply, and the feedback I left for him (thought I mistakenly hit the POSITIVE button instead of the NEGATIVE!!! UGH!!!!:cursing: ) is scathing, but totally factual.

As a follow-up, I also just discovered this is the SECOND claim in a month he's been embroiled in with PayPal - and he just LOST the other one. It gives me hope!

CitCat, I've tried to call PayPal, but I'm only getting the automatic system. How do I get a real person??

MORE LIES! Just checked his reply to my replies - he has seriously lost his mind. "Bags are imported from China!" he's screaming. What a sociopath. I hope people recognize this guy is a lone bad apple in an orchard of good ones. Ugh....I hate having my stomach knotted up about this crap.

In respect of the negative feedback, have you in the meantime, provided a response to his feedback, so people viewing your feedback can see what your response is to his claims.

That's a great idea! Give scathing feedback in your response to his feedback. How is his feedback otherwise--has he tried this before? Do you have your original receipt? Can you scan that and send that to Ebay too? That's proof right there. It's amazing that he writes in broken English when he emails you but when he emails paypal his English is flawless. May this come back to him many times over. I think he's definitely trying to do a bait and switch. This makes me want to give up on ebay. :sad:

Ruemode:
When you call Paypal go ahead and enter all the info they request, and then when the prompt asks you to what kind of help you need just say Dispute Resolution. That should get you to the right department.
This sounds like the biggest scam ever. Why would some man who supposedly just shelled out $3K for a new Prada be so anxious to get his $1200 back from you? What's the rush on his end?
Hopefully he will give so many red flags going with Paypal that they will respond positively to you.
Let him go ahead and flail away too and don't respond to any of his emails. It looks like he is digging himself a grave and will forget what lies he told Paypal etc. and then it will be in your favor when his story changes and he can't remember his lies.
God, some people have to ruin ebay for everyone.
Good luck Rue!
Carrie