Oh Please Help - It's really bad, and getting worse...

I am sorry to point this out, but it is very unlikely that there IS a wife.

There are so many scams on both eBay and PayPal now that I do not know how they work, I don't care how they work, even the most cursory skimming of this forum will tell you that especially where high ticket items like designer bags are concerned, there is a scam for every hair on Sanjaya's head, and people are making money hand over fist with them.

For people with the skillz, both eBay and PayPal are nothing but free moneybuckets. 90% of the actual work of the scam is usually automated, every email you, PayPal or anybody else gets from him is more likely than not sent by the program.

All he has to do is go in and spot check once in a while. Pretty much everything anybody is going to say to him will be predictable enough, and the PayPal and eBay dispute processes are themselves automated, so it is just programs talking to programs...

How awful...it is a shame that a few bad apples (so to speak) spoil the bunch. I have sold on ebay for a few years now, but it is getting to the point where I would rather have a garage sale and be done with it.

I hope that you are able to work through this situation. Good luck.

I am sorry to point this out, but it is very unlikely that there IS a wife.

There are so many scams on both eBay and PayPal now that I do not know how they work, I don't care how they work, even the most cursory skimming of this forum will tell you that especially where high ticket items like designer bags are concerned, there is a scam for every hair on Sanjaya's head, and people are making money hand over fist with them.

For people with the skillz, both eBay and PayPal are nothing but free moneybuckets. 90% of the actual work of the scam is usually automated, every email you, PayPal or anybody else gets from him is more likely than not sent by the program.

All he has to do is go in and spot check once in a while. Pretty much everything anybody is going to say to him will be predictable enough, and the PayPal and eBay dispute processes are themselves automated, so it is just programs talking to programs...

OMH Shimma, I guess I'm actually thinking this guy has a trophy wife who's demanding her $3,000 handbag after being made a fool of in the Prada on 57th St. in Manhattan this morning...I am so naive. I guess you're right. In fact, the fact that he's bought nothing but automatic toilet plungers and used CD's on eBay prior to this should have been my first tip-off. What an a$%-H#*@!!!!!

...it is a shame that a few bad apples (so to speak) spoil the bunch.....

If there is anybody who deserves our sympathy more than honest buyers who get ripped off, it is honest sellers who have invested - and stand to lose - WAY more than the price of even a high priced designer handbag building a business, with all the hard work and investment, financial, emotional and every other al that that implies, and for many people, eBay has come to be their livelihood over the years, and there are, and will be more, people who are plunged into very seriously challenging circumstances because of those "few bad apples."

Except it isn't just a few bad apples. It's a whole mess of bad apples, and every day, for every honest person who sits down and carefully types in their honest listings, a whole mess more of bad apples get dumped into the barrel, and next to that honst person's honest listings, are going to be a whole mess of other listings that are anything but honest.

It is beyond unfair, it is, well, criminal, that these upstanding and ethical merchants must essentially hold the scammers on their backs, because if it were not for the fact that there ARE some honest sellers on eBay, a lot fewer people would be sending anybody any money!

So because the good guys exist, the bad guys have a field day. They count on us being so pleased with our last purchase that we choose them when we get ready to purchase something else. And then, of course, after that, we are scared off, and rightly so, and the honest seller gets holding the short end of the stick.

Sure, we could buy only from sellers we have dealt with before. And hope that the day we make our purchase from them is not the day that their account gets "hijacked" by the very sort of scum that we had hoped to avoid by using only sellers we have used before?

Or they could be "shut down," ironically by eBay, no matter how authentic their items are, simply because - well, that's not clear, since on any given moment you or I or anybody else can see items for sale that it IS pretty clear that the chances that they are what they say they are are slim to none, and then you can come back here and read some more laments from sellers whose accounts have been suspended despite their years of authenticating every item, etc etc.

So I weep for the honest seller as hard or harder as I weep for the ripped-off buyer. That buyer may have lost a chunk of change that it took them a while to save up, but some of those honest sellers stand to lose a hell of a lot more, in some cases, even their homes!

How frustrating to be falsely accused of selling a fake!

I have mostly bought/sold LV on ebay. I have also taken an authentic LV cherry blossom item to LV to have an inexperienced SA tell me it was fake because she had never seen one IRL. But, I don't think it is reasonable for you to insist on a letter from Prada -- LV would never do that and I can't imagine Prada would either.

I am not being critical -- just pointing out that it is just hard to buy and sell because authentication is a difficult thing. Is there an authentication service for Prada like MyPoupette? Maybe you could get your auction authenticated that way -- I think paypal accepts their authentications.

Hi Ruemode, I hope you're feeling a bit better when you log on next. I am sorry that you are going through all this. When I have had painful experiences on Ebay, this sub-forum has been an enormous source of support and advice and I hope the messages in this thread show you're not alone in this fight - we all care and want to help if we can. Incidentally, how much feedback did this buyer have and for what sort of purchases? Could there be clues there?

:crybaby:
Hi Ruemode, I hope you're feeling a bit better when you log on next. I am sorry that you are going through all this. When I have had painful experiences on Ebay, this sub-forum has been an enormous source of support and advice and I hope the messages in this thread show you're not alone in this fight - we all care and want to help if we can. Incidentally, how much feedback did this buyer have and for what sort of purchases? Could there be clues there?

Hi Sooky - yeah, I did my investigation too late, relying on his 100% positive feedback, and only scanning a handful of his purchases - they were an electric toilet plunger, some used CD's, and shoe stretchers. I guess the fact that he'd never bought a luxury item on eBay before, PARTICULARLY not an authentic designer handbag, should have been my first clue. I guess now, in retrospect, it looks like he was building up some bogus feedback to pull a stunt like this...Thanks for your encouragement Sooky - this forum really did help me sleep better last night. Knowing other honest sellers are encountering similar problems breaks my heart, but makes me feel like I'm less alone. My biggest pain, though, is still the feedback that was left - this guy didn't waste any time in smearing my reputation and good name.....

I think you are in for all types of aggravation if you continue in this vein. Have the buyer return the bag in original condition and just refund. You can resell it if it is legit. You are running a business and have to accept some responsibility. The purse might be Prada but be 2nd quality.

It is unreasonable to ask he go to Prada to aunthticate it as they most likley will not and definitely wuld not write a letter for him.

i think what is unreasonable is for this jerk to try and scam the poor woman by saying her purse is fake

he deserves to go through the hassle of trying to get a letter to prove it isnt authentic
she is 1000000000000000% confident in its authenticity so if he wants to play games and try and prove it isnt i think too bad for him if he has trouble getting a letter from prada
i guess he shouldnt buy on ebay then when it CLEARLY says that if you buy it there are no returns without one of these letters!

AND LULILU i am not sure if it was this story or another poo girls story ( i think it was the other about the gucci being accused of being fake ) but MY POUPETTE outside of LV is not so good @ authenticating things

they have wrongly said items are fake to at least 2 TPFers who finally went to the source (the companys store themselves) and were assured they were authentic

so i would not put all my eggs in the my poupette basket as they dont know all their merch. so well and may say it is fake and then it isnt!

i think what is unreasonable is for this jerk to try and scam the poor woman by saying her purse is fake

he deserves to go through the hassle of trying to get a letter to prove it isnt authentic
she is 1000000000000000% confident in its authenticity so if he wants to play games and try and prove it isnt i think too bad for him if he has trouble getting a letter from prada
i guess he shouldnt buy on ebay then when it CLEARLY says that if you buy it there are no returns without one of these letters!

AND LULILU i am not sure if it was this story or another poo girls story ( i think it was the other about the gucci being accused of being fake ) but MY POUPETTE outside of LV is not so good @ authenticating things

they have wrongly said items are fake to at least 2 TPFers who finally went to the source (the companys store themselves) and were assured they were authentic

so i would not put all my eggs in the my poupette basket as they dont know all their merch. so well and may say it is fake and then it isnt!

Yes, that is me :yes: . I've heard that too, after I told her to go there also. Thats is what is making me scared, that these people will misdiagnose it as they have before, now I have learned and reget even suggesting it as another option, cause if they do screw up, it's just another easy-out for her essentially..

That's also why I insisted the accuser also take it to Saks (and a Gucci if someone there decides agrees to do it) and I get thier findings too! But, for sure I definately want it brought to the place I BOUGHT it from, which is Saks Fifth Ave.!!!

:cursing: <--- sorry, just talking about it gets to me. Sorry Rue, if I'm semi-hijacking your thread now! :Push:

I hope this can be our moods soon --->:yahoo::wlae::smile:

I think you are in for all types of aggravation if you continue in this vein. Have the buyer return the bag in original condition and just refund. You can resell it if it is legit. You are running a business and have to accept some responsibility. The purse might be Prada but be 2nd quality.

It is unreasonable to ask he go to Prada to aunthticate it as they most likley will not and definitely wuld not write a letter for him.

Prada will authenticate handbags for $20, but they have to be shipped out, and it takes a few weeks. I told him I would cover the authentication cost. Interestingly, he tells me, "I can't wait for that..." but allegedly dropped $3,000 on a handbag yesterday? He's that desperate for the refund, is he? Sheesh.

I really don't know of another way to prove this bag is authentic. I've met my burden of proof with him, and I need someone from Prada to tell me the bag's not legit before I change my position. I think he doesn't want to do it, because he knows in his heart the bag is real - I mean, for Pity's sake, he even TOLD me that in his first email! :cursing:

Yes, that is me :yes: . I've heard that too, after I told her to go there also. Thats is what is making me scared, that these people will misdiagnose it as they have before, now I have learned and reget even suggesting it as another option, cause if they do screw up, it's just another easy-out for her essentially..

That's also why I insisted the accuser also take it to Saks (and a Gucci if someone there decides agrees to do it) and I get thier findings too! But, for sure I definately want it brought to the place I BOUGHT it from, which is Saks Fifth Ave.!!!

:cursing: <--- sorry, just talking about it gets to me. Sorry Rue, if I'm semi-hijacking your thread now! :Push:

I hope this can be our moods soon --->:yahoo::wlae::smile:

Gayle - that's what I've heard about My Poupette, too. Outside of LV, I don't know if they're the best source for authentication. It's one of the reasons I don't want the bags authenticated anywhere but at the source - Prada, Gucci, Fendi, etc. I mean, a manufacturer/designer should KNOW their own stuff, right?? UGH!!

Hey - does anyone know if there's a way to get this negative feedback removed? If paypal decides in my favor, can I get it removed? I think I know the answer to this (:crybaby: ), but I'm asking anyway....

Gayle - that's what I've heard about My Poupette, too. Outside of LV, I don't know if they're the best source for authentication. It's one of the reasons I don't want the bags authenticated anywhere but at the source - Prada, Gucci, Fendi, etc. I mean, a manufacturer/designer should KNOW their own stuff, right?? UGH!!

Hey - does anyone know if there's a way to get this negative feedback removed? If paypal decides in my favor, can I get it removed? I think I know the answer to this (:crybaby: ), but I'm asking anyway....

Ugh!!! How frustrating that in your despair you gave this guy a positive rather than negative rating! That would be burning me more than the money at this point.

The only way to have negative feedback removed is to go through squaretrade - you pay a fee - but you are not guaranteed anything. They may or may NOT get the negative removed. It's a mediation process that includes the buyer, so the buyer would either have to be willing to retract the negative, or they would have to completely ignore the square-trade mediation.

He knows how to read, he just probably forgot to change the form letter.

And I bet the bag does have a smudge on it now.

By tomorrow, it may have been ripped in half by cheetahs and soaked in Spaghetti-Os, details which you failed to mention in the description.

oh. i have stories about that too.
sh1tty buyers.

STICK TO YOUR GUNS GIRL! MAD SUPPORT HERE FROM TPF!