Workplace Officially a Future RN!

Just wanted to update that I completed my first semester of nursing school! I kicked butt in all my classes and passed my HESI with flying colors!

Thanks to all of you wonderful TPFers for your encouraging words; more than once I came back to this thread when I was having trouble and didn't think I could do it to read your posts.

Way to go!! :woohoo:

Congratulations! I remember that ecstatic feeling getting that acceptance. I would say in addition to studying, make sure you take advantage of the other opportunities that are available to you as a student nurse: externships, Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society, etc.

When I was a student, I kept thinking I didn't need that all that extra stuff, as long as I studied. Well, here I am now trying to apply for grad school to be a nurse practitioner with not much to show for except work experience. ( I currently work at a hospital on a telemetry unit.) The field in nursing is so vast and diverse, you never quite know where you will end up, so I would say... Take advantage of everything! Good luck and congrats again!