Officially a Future RN!

1. Hello all! I just wanted to share that I just got accepted into nursing school and will be graduating in December 2014! I've spent the last three years working towards this and I'm over the moon ecstatic!

Downside: less to to browse tPF. :P

If anyone has any advice for how to survive nursing school, I'd love to hear it!

2. Congrats, I just resumed my pre-nursing career path. Can't wait until I am where you are.

3. Hardly in this subforum but wanted to give you a big CONGRATS! That is quite the accomplishment.

My mother is a retired RN after 50+ years. It was worth it from what she says.

Good luck in all your endeavors! Less time on tPF can be a good thing too for the wallet.

4. Congrats!!!

5. Congratulations!!!

6. Good for you! I have never met a nurse that regrets getting her RN or BSN nursing degree.

Keep these things in mind when you don't think you can go on - You will never be without a job!
    So many opportunities just having the RN degree. Insurance companies, law firms, RX companies, medical equipment, etc.

2 years out of your life. December 2014 will be here before you know it!

7. Congratulations!

8. Congrats! Nursing is one of the most important jobs available today IMO. 2 years is nothing compared to the lifelong job security you will have. I have a friend that's a NP. She loves her job. Good luck! I'm sure it will be worth the sacrifices you will have to make.

9. Thank you all!

I currently work in a children's hospital in Wisconsin and I work in Neurology/Neurosurgery as a nursing assistant. I feel like I've been waiting forever to get to this point. But I'm so happy and even though I know the next two years will not be easy by any means, I know that I can do it!

10. Congratulations! I admire nurses so much. Best of luck :smile:

11. Congrats!

:dothewave:

12. Congrats!!

My advice is study, study, study and never give up!!

Also, never let any professor or anyone tell you that you can't do it!

13. Congrats!!! I've been an RN for nearly a year now and it's so rewarding but can be so stressful and annoying. Just hang tight and know that you're making a huge difference, and there's so many opportunities in nursing, it'll take you anywhere. :smile:

14. Congrats!!!

15. I have no advice but my mom is an RN & put herself through school with 3 girls below the age of 6 so you can definitely make it!

Congratulations! :smile: