Official Coach CHAT Thread!!!

Why would anyone do this to a bag? Ugh! (The original bag is authentic. Not sure whether calling this "Coach" is appropriate!)

s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600.jpgs-l1600 (1).jpg

I agree with @Hyacinth that they are way overpriced since they are fake. I certainly don't want fake shearling in my boots or in a coat; there is a huge difference in warmth and softness when it is next to your skin, but in a bag, it might not matter. I don't see what the difference is between using shearling and using leather. They both come from animals that are raised for food. If you object to one, you should object to the other, and if you feel that way, you aren't likely to be a Coach customer anyway.
Agreed

Reactions: whateve
I agree with @Hyacinth that they are way overpriced since they are fake. I certainly don't want fake shearling in my boots or in a coat; there is a huge difference in warmth and softness when it is next to your skin, but in a bag, it might not matter. I don't see what the difference is between using shearling and using leather. They both come from animals that are raised for food. If you object to one, you should object to the other, and if you feel that way, you aren't likely to be a Coach customer anyway.
Speaking of shearling in boots, I commented on a post on the shoes subforum yesterday about Uggs.

In the last several years, Deckers has cut back on (if not eliminated?) the use of shearling in their boots. They claim it's their way of being responsible and doing their part for the environment.

IMO, it cheapens the brand and more importantly, the quality, warmth and comfort!

This was my post from yesterday.

And this is from Uggs's website:
https://www.ugg.com/uk/what-we-make.html

Reactions: Jacynthe
Speaking of shearling in boots, I commented on a post on the shoes subforum yesterday about Uggs.

In the last several years, Deckers has cut back on (if not eliminated?) the use of shearling in their boots. They claim it's their way of being responsible and doing their part for the environment.

IMO, it cheapens the brand and more importantly, the quality, warmth and comfort!

This was my post from yesterday.

And this is from Uggs's website:
https://www.ugg.com/uk/what-we-make.html
Exactly! I'm glad I have a good supply of the older Uggs because the new ones aren't as nice. I've hardly bought any new ones in recent years. When I have, not only is the "shearling" not as soft but it doesn't stay fluffy. They've been going downhill for years. My best pair is one of the first ones I ever bought. The fur is still thick even though the suede has wrinkled with use.

Reactions: Jacynthe
Why would anyone do this to a bag? Ugh! (The original bag is authentic. Not sure whether calling this "Coach" is appropriate!)

View attachment 5889726 View attachment 5889727View attachment 5889725
LOL because they couldn’t paint a Yorkie on it?

Here is a nice red Bella Court...I believe someone one here was looking for one :smile: but this one is pricey and not authenticated

• Love
Reactions: houseof999
I was browsing bag charms and noticed that this one is shown on a Dreamer

1700960338407.png

Has this charm always been advertised on this bag, or might they be bringing back the Dreamer? I wasn't thinking about purses when the Dreamer was out, but really like the look of the bag and the set up. It's got similar set up to the Swagger, which I also wasn't around for, and really like both of those styles of bags ...

Reactions: JenJBS