Official Coach CHAT Thread!!!

Has anyone purchased the LARGE BLACK MADISON PATENT LINDSEY SATCHEL? I haven’t seen it in person yet and wonder if it is as shinny as it looks on the Coach Site.
Also does anyone know how well the Patent Leather wears.:biggrin:

Im trying to decide if I want patent or just leather.

Attachments

• Black Large MADISON PATENT LINDSEY SATCHEL.jpg
    Black Large MADISON PATENT LINDSEY SATCHEL.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 255
MeanKat said:
Has anyone purchased the LARGE BLACK MADISON PATENT LINDSEY SATCHEL? I haven’t seen it in person yet and wonder if it is as shinny as it looks on the Coach Site.
Also does anyone know how well the Patent Leather wears.:biggrin:

Im trying to decide if I want patent or just leather.

I haven't seen this one IRL but I've had patent Lindsey's and have never had any issue with them. They hold up well and are easy to keep clean :smile:

Size and handle drop, at one point in time I had both the plum patent Lindsey & Sophia. I definitely prefer Lindsey to Sophia. Here is an old pic for comparison
Wow your plum patent Lindsey & Sophia are gorgeous! Do you wear them all year round? I’m asking because I want to pick up the black patent Lindsey and I’m wondering if I could get away with wearing it in the summer as well as the winter.

MeanKat said:
Wow your plum patent Lindsey & Sophia are gorgeous! Do you wear them all year round? I’m asking because I want to pick up the black patent Lindsey and I’m wondering if I could get away with wearing it in the summer as well as the winter.

I've since parted with both of them but they definitely can be carried year around, patents are fun bags so I would say go for it!

Here is something creepy.
I've been saying for a long time that I never got invited to the factory sales with my email address so I registered with my husband's email. Then I started getting invited with his email plus I got email PCEs and the invitation to shop the legacy early - all in my husband's email address.

I get PCEs in the mail too and other than the online factory sales, I always use MY email address when I order.

Last week, I ordered a Hailey in a boutique. I told them that I had a PCE but I didn't have it with me and they said I didn't need it. They gave me 25% off without checking the computer to see if I actually had one. Anyway, I wanted the cherry Hailey so they did it as a backorder because there were only 4 left. I gave them my address and MY email address. I received an email in MY email showing that they had shipped it. I received it yesterday.

Then today, in my husband's email, I received a "thank you for your visit" letter from Coach, showing the cherry Hailey that I bought. Why didn't I get this letter in MY email?
I have the same problem!

Don’t get heads up on couch outlet sales.

Don’t get the 25% off card mailed to me.

I have given Coach my Email address every time I’ve made a purchase and all I receive is Emails announcing new arrivals. One year I had received a very nice Christmas bonus and used part of it to purchase Coach Purses for all the women in my family (my mother, cousin, sister and two nieces), who now are Coach Customers because of it; they have no trouble receiving their 25% off card. Am I not buying enough purses? Is this the reason? Since Christmas of this year I have purchased 3 bags....so ya.

Ok that’s my rant, thanks.

I have the same problem!

Don’t get heads up on couch outlet sales.

Don’t get the 25% off card mailed to me.

I have given Coach my Email address every time I’ve made a purchase and all I receive is Emails announcing new arrivals. One year I had received a very nice Christmas bonus and used part of it to purchase Coach Purses for all the women in my family (my mother, cousin, sister and two nieces), who now are Coach Customers because of it; they have no trouble receiving their 25% off card. Am I not buying enough purses? Is this the reason? Since Christmas of this year I have purchased 3 bags....so ya.

Ok that’s my rant, thanks.
I actually think that the reason I got them in my husband's email was because he wasn't a good Coach customer. They were more interested in building a relationship with a new customer than to make current customers happy. Maybe you should stop using your email address when you shop so they will think you aren't buying anything anymore and they will send you a PCE to woo you back.

whateve said:
I actually think that the reason I got them in my husband's email was because he wasn't a good Coach customer. They were more interested in building a relationship with a new customer than to make current customers happy. Maybe you should stop using your email address when you shop so they will think you aren't buying anything anymore and they will send you a PCE to woo you back.

This is so true...I get nothing on my email and everything on DH's

Hey, I am finaly ready to make my perfect python purchase and now I am having second thoughts. How long has Coach producing pythons and is this just a fad? One of my first major coach purchases was coach poppy Bella frindge. Fringe was big a year our two ago. Now ya never see it and I wonder if its just silly. Will python be like that to? Most coaches you can ware for years that's what I like best, you can get your high $$ worth.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120623_142131.png
    ForumRunner_20120623_142131.png
    198.8 KB · Views: 213
Hey, I am finaly ready to make my perfect python purchase and now I am having second thoughts. How long has Coach producing pythons and is this just a fad? One of my first major coach purchases was coach poppy Bella frindge. Fringe was big a year our two ago. Now ya never see it and I wonder if its just silly. Will python be like that to? Most coaches you can ware for years that's what I like best, you can get your high $$ worth.

I think python is one of those things that is never really out-of-style, just more in-style certain years. Sort of like croc and animal prints.........keep it long enough and it'll be in again.

I love this fringe bag! I have seen some other designers come out with fringe recently. Your bag is so unique that you should rock it even if you don't see anyone else with fringe. Some things are just so beautiful that they don't ever really go out of style.

I think python is one of those things that will come and go as Coach has made python bags for a long time. I think it is less likely to go out of style than fringe. I think there are python bags that are more subdued that will be less trendy than others. I have a croc bag from last year and I'm not worried that it will go out of style.

I have a non-Coach fringe bag I bought several years ago and I carry it often. I carry it because I like the way it looks. IMO "fads" are designs that are extreme. Skins, like animal prints, like fringe have been in fashion for decades. Search eBay and see how many vintage snakeskin bags are listed. And, I have animal print accessories in my collection from the 90's. My favorite handbag my mother carried was a black patent croc satchel. This was in the 60's. And, right now I am carrying that bag. In an "I Love Lucy" episode from the mid-50's, Lucy is seen with an animal print briefcase style handbag. BTW, if I could find a bag like that I would buy it in a heartbeat. If you love your fringe bag then carry your fringe bag because you love it. and have no "fad-worries" about the python. :smile:

Mariquel said:
I think python is one of those things that is never really out-of-style, just more in-style certain years. Sort of like croc and animal prints.........keep it long enough and it'll be in again.

whateve said:
I love this fringe bag! I have seen some other designers come out with fringe recently. Your bag is so unique that you should rock it even if you don't see anyone else with fringe. Some things are just so beautiful that they don't ever really go out of style.

I think python is one of those things that will come and go as Coach has made python bags for a long time. I think it is less likely to go out of style than fringe. I think there are python bags that are more subdued that will be less trendy than others. I have a croc bag from last year and I'm not worried that it will go out of style.

MRSBWS said:
I have a non-Coach fringe bag I bought several years ago and I carry it often. I carry it because I like the way it looks. IMO "fads" are designs that are extreme. Skins, like animal prints, like fringe have been in fashion for decades. Search eBay and see how many vintage snakeskin bags are listed. And, I have animal print accessories in my collection from the 90's. My favorite handbag my mother carried was a black patent croc satchel. This was in the 60's. And, right now I am carrying that bag. In an "I Love Lucy" episode from the mid-50's, Lucy is seen with an animal print briefcase style handbag. BTW, if I could find a bag like that I would buy it in a heartbeat. If you love your fringe bag then carry your fringe bag because you love it. and have no "fad-worries" about the python. :smile:

Thanks girls, I had the same feeling but was in dought. Animal prints have came and gone over the years however I never stoped likeing them. I ordered my python I will say its a dark it will be here in a few Weeks.

Bbyjill said:
Thanks girls, I had the same feeling but was in dought. Animal prints have came and gone over the years however I never stoped likeing them. I ordered my python I will say its a dark it will be here in a few Weeks.

and get this, I checked out coaches fall preview thread... Fringe