Official bottega veneta chat thread - thread #4

Thank you so much India :hugs:and another thing to add...I feel so welcomed in this community and I think one of the most magical thing about BV is that this whole forum is so welcoming and kind - BVettes are just another level of elegant, as elegant as the bags they carry :heart:
We're very glad to have you! Everything you mentioned above is why BV makes up the majority of my bag collection, and why I enjoy coming here to learn more about BV. This is such a great community!

I also like this version. It is in the BV website but unavailable in any other colour except Burgundy. Does BV have the practice to release new colours in different seasons? Or is there a chance they will stop producing the bag after one colour?

I also like this version. It is in the BV website but unavailable in any other colour except Burgundy. Does BV have the practice to release new colours in different seasons? Or is there a chance they will stop producing the bag after one colour?
Yes, most certainly. And yes to your second question as well. In the past, BV was also known to design a bag exclusively for a particular store, or even a geographical region.

Anyone seen BV's FW 23 show? I've seen your thread, @IndiaInk, but not sure if my reply would be in the correct thread :smile: In any case, do you BVettes think that MB is rehashing the Veneta? :P I wouldn't say it's a modernized look of the bag (how can you modernize something that's so timeless?), but it does look cute!

Pics below:
View attachment 5728256

View attachment 5728255
I noticed it also! It sure looks like an updated version of the Veneta. To me, this bag looks more like the Veneta than the Jodie does. The Jodie is more rounded like the Belly Veneta, so this new bag would be a nice addition.

Anyone seen BV's FW 23 show? I've seen your thread, @IndiaInk, but not sure if my reply would be in the correct thread :smile: In any case, do you BVettes think that MB is rehashing the Veneta? :P I wouldn't say it's a modernized look of the bag (how can you modernize something that's so timeless?), but it does look cute!

Pics below:
View attachment 5728256

View attachment 5728255

I noticed it also! It sure looks like an updated version of the Veneta. To me, this bag looks more like the Veneta than the Jodie does. The Jodie is more rounded like the Belly Veneta, so this new bag would be a nice addition.
I think the word is ‘reinterpret’, and he’s doing some interesting things. Take a look at the tPF blog article here about the Fall 2023 new bags…

I think the word is ‘reinterpret’, and he’s doing some interesting things. Take a look at the tPF blog article here about the Fall 2023 new bags…
"Reinterpret" is spot on. I agree he's doing some interesting things, and it's exciting to see what will come. It appears he has eased into his role as CD nicely, and become more comfortable showcasing his creativity.

I have been cleaning things out and found this stashed in my desk drawer. This was one of my first pieces. Hope all is well with all. Feeling nostalgic now

View attachment 5728840
:wave: hey lady! Glad to see you. I just saw a tiny BV coin purse on the ‘bay that reminded me of the first thing I ever bought from a longtime tPFer. I still have it… it was white but turned gray so I dyed it red so it‘s now pink. :biggrin:

Reactions: jbags07