Official bottega veneta chat thread - thread #4

Which ones have caught your eye?
I’ve liked mainly the hobos, but haven’t really seriously considered them because of size, they look very long and I’m short so there’s the concern it would hang to mid thigh on me. It hangs to upper thigh on the models so it’s not likely to fit me. This veneta looking bag is one of the first hobos I’ve seen that might be a reasonable size on me. There are other styles, like the half moon shoulder bag, that look interesting. I haven’t tried on a bag, haven’t seen one in store where I shop, so I’m still in looking mode.

• Love
Reactions: JenJBS and RT1
I’ve liked mainly the hobos, but haven’t really seriously considered them because of size, they look very long and I’m short so there’s the concern it would hang to mid thigh on me. It hangs to upper thigh on the models so it’s not likely to fit me. This veneta looking bag is one of the first hobos I’ve seen that might be a reasonable size on me. There are other styles, like the half moon shoulder bag, that look interesting. I haven’t tried on a bag, haven’t seen one in store where I shop, so I’m still in looking mode.
This is the Wander bag I have. I'm 5'1" for reference, and just under 100 lbs. I'll see if I can dig up pics of my Duplex and Sling bags.

fullsizeoutput_1702.jpeg

@chiisaibunny here are pics of the Duplex (larger bag than the Wander in the previous pic) and the Sling 12 (note the 12 has a shorter strap drop by far than the other sizes).

View attachment 4895950View attachment 4895951

Thanks for all the pics! I’m the same height as you so this really helps. The bags do look soft and luxurious even in pics so they must feel wonderful in person. Do you find they have useful pockets? I really am happy if a bag has 2 open pockets for phones, since I need to carry my work phone as well, and a zipper pocket for smaller things like hand wipes and lip balm. I haven’t purchased an LV in years but the last bags I purchased had that combo and I really like them. BV ‘s I always thought we’re ‘behind the times’ as far as pockets go. Not earth shattering issues, just nice to haves.
I’m in SoCal so I’m sure if I went to Westside or BH I’d find a store that has them in stock but I generally don’t go in that direction, traffic. I’ll have to keep researching online.

• Love
Reactions: 880, JenJBS and RT1
Thanks for all the pics! I’m the same height as you so this really helps. The bags do look soft and luxurious even in pics so they must feel wonderful in person. Do you find they have useful pockets? I really am happy if a bag has 2 open pockets for phones, since I need to carry my work phone as well, and a zipper pocket for smaller things like hand wipes and lip balm. I haven’t purchased an LV in years but the last bags I purchased had that combo and I really like them. BV ‘s I always thought we’re ‘behind the times’ as far as pockets go. Not earth shattering issues, just nice to haves.
I’m in SoCal so I’m sure if I went to Westside or BH I’d find a store that has them in stock but I generally don’t go in that direction, traffic. I’ll have to keep researching online.
The Wander has two slip and a zipped pocket, nothing much in the Sling, the Duplex has a centre zipped compartment and it has two slip pockets. I don't frequent The Row's website so I'm not sure what bags are in production these days. I concentrate on pre-loved.