Official bottega veneta chat thread - thread #4

Reactions: Nibb and whateve
Not at the moment! :lol: Whistler’s about 110 km from us here in Vancouver on the coast, so it’s about an hour and a half’s drive.
I was afraid of that! :facepalm:

I’m looking for a new “home” before this country goes up in flames and I’d much rather go north, than south.
Mexico holds no interest for me! :tdown:

I’m seriously considering Idaho as the new location! :yes:

With Texas as the new reigning COVID capital, I’m kinda’ restricted in my coming and going. :amazed:

• Sad
Reactions: Nibb

I’m looking for a new “home” before this country goes up in flames and I’d much rather go north, than south.

With Texas as the new reigning COVID capital, I’m kinda’ restricted in my coming and going. :amazed:
:hugs:

• Love
Reactions: RT1

Idaho? I don't know you personally, but I gotta veto the 'ho bro.
I guess it depends on what you like. I've been to Idaho a couple of times and it's lovely but I'm seeing you somewhere more like Coastal Oregon. Lots of wide open spaces, very geographically diverse (mountains, beaches, deserts etc). Lots of funky towns and a great coastal highway to ride your motorcycle. Plus you can just drive over to Idaho for the weekend. Funny story: I almost got blown off the road in Idaho because of crazy cross winds on some bridge outside of Twin Falls (the Perrine Bridge maybe?) Its a crazy-arse bridge to begin with, but whoa. It was raining and storming like crazy and I don't think I've ever been so freaked out. Anyway....

You can move to Canada if you got skillz. Our immigration system is points based so I'm afraid you're gonna have to learn French, play hockey (goalie preferably cuz there's never enough goalies in beer-league) and most importantly RT1: LEARN THE METRIC SYSTEM!!!! :panic:
Or you could try to claim refugee status :lol:

Oh, and you'll also need to learn how to spell Canada properly. C, eh? N, eh? D, eh? :lol:

We went to Idaho about a year ago. It wasn't as nice as I had hoped. The thrift stores were terrible! The best part was Coeur d'Alene, which is practically in Washington state.

• Love
Reactions: Nibb and RT1
Idaho? I don't know you personally, but I gotta veto the 'ho bro.
I guess it depends on what you like. I've been to Idaho a couple of times and it's lovely but I'm seeing you somewhere more like Coastal Oregon. Lots of wide open spaces, very geographically diverse (mountains, beaches, deserts etc). Lots of funky towns and a great coastal highway to ride your motorcycle. Plus you can just drive over to Idaho for the weekend. Funny story: I almost got blown off the road in Idaho because of crazy cross winds on some bridge outside of Twin Falls (the Perrine Bridge maybe?) Its a crazy-arse bridge to begin with, but whoa. It was raining and storming like crazy and I don't think I've ever been so freaked out. Anyway....

You can move to Canada if you got skillz. Our immigration system is points based so I'm afraid you're gonna have to learn French, play hockey (goalie preferably cuz there's never enough goalies in beer-league) and most importantly RT1: LEARN THE METRIC SYSTEM!!!! :panic:
Or you could try to claim refugee status :lol:

Oh, and you'll also need to learn how to spell Canada properly. C, eh? N, eh? D, eh? :lol:

Well Heck,
Spanish is my second language...I don’t know any French, except profanity and that won’t win me any friends! :no:
And, even with my Spanish knowledge, there is NO WAY that I'd ever move to the cartel ridden, corrupt, Third World country of Mexico. :cursing:

Skills, I got plenty of them...probably none that would qualify though.

I like hockey, after all we have the Dallas Stars here. :yes:

Totally, possibly, maybe, I could learn the metric system. :tup: I have the cm, mm, liquids, weights, down pat.
It’s the temperature readings that throw me for a loop! I’ll either say, it’s hot or it’s cold. :P

I can drink maple syrup if that helps! :yes:

Perhaps, I’ll just wait and see how much of the US self destructs before I make a run for any other state/country.

Right now, Texas is pretty safe and, beyond the summers being hot as Hell, :mad: we’ve got it pretty good down here.
I live in a town where there is not much violence, a pretty good police force, and the laws here in Texas allow for self protection...a bit like the Old West in some regards.

VON, thank you for the “condensed” version of the idea of moving to Canada! :hugs:

Well Heck,
Spanish is my second language...I don’t know any French, except profanity and that won’t win me any friends! :no:
And, even with my Spanish knowledge, there is NO WAY that I'd ever move to the cartel ridden, corrupt, Third World country of Mexico. :cursing:

Skills, I got plenty of them...probably none that would qualify though.

I like hockey, after all we have the Dallas Stars here. :yes:

Totally, possibly, maybe, I could learn the metric system. :tup: I have the cm, mm, liquids, weights, down pat.
It’s the temperature readings that throw me for a loop! I’ll either say, it’s hot or it’s cold. :P

I can drink maple syrup if that helps! :yes:

Perhaps, I’ll just wait and see how much of the US self destructs before I make a run for any other state/country.

Right now, Texas is pretty safe and, beyond the summers being hot as Hell, :mad: we’ve got it pretty good down here.
I live in a town where there is not much violence, a pretty good police force, and the laws here in Texas allow for self protection...a bit like the Old West in some regards.

VON, thank you for the “condensed” version of the idea of moving to Canada! :hugs:
I second the Oregon coast, they have dunes and dunes are fun! ATVs, Scottish link style golf, Pinot noir, cheese, craft brew, cranberry bogs, dungeness crab right off the boat, wild rivers and very little snow. My grandparents lived on the coast for 30 years loved it, only bad is the rain. You can tote your rifle around just like Texas. I love Mexico, country of artists.
D145F91A-0DDB-41F3-96FB-458DCD540967.jpeg4E30DFE6-F5E4-4A99-BD9D-1999795610C2.jpeg

I second the Oregon coast, they have dunes and dunes are fun! ATVs, Scottish link style golf, Pinot noir, cheese, craft brew, cranberry bogs, dungeness crab right off the boat, wild rivers and very little snow. My grandparents lived on the coast for 30 years loved it, only bad is the rain. You can tote your rifle around just like Texas. I love Mexico, country of artists.
View attachment 4905338View attachment 4905339

I love your picture of you on the ATV. :heart: Looks like you are having a blast riding that machine! :yahoo:

Hmmm, I may just have to consider this state as a possible potential. :cool:
Just have to stay away from Portland. :yucky:

• Love
Reactions: 880
For anyone interested, Real Deal Collection will be emailing a coupon code to anyone on their email list tomorrow for 15% off site wide. Corey is closed to the public due to covid so let's support her! I'll post the coupon code when I get it for those who aren't on her mailing list, or you can join it from the RDC website.

http://www.realdealcollection.com

• Love
Reactions: zooba and RT1