Official Bottega Veneta Chat Thread - Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I'm outside a lot all year round, I spend a small fortune on hats & coverups, use no moisturizer in the summer, use la mer other times and the below sun block which has a slight tint and doesn't make me look so pale all of the time. I know it's only a 30, but my dermatologist loves it on pale skin like mine:

Medicalia Sunblock SPF 30

I have never used one, but I am a FIRM believer in good Skin Care....maybe that is why my DD has gone into developing Skin Care products...Our skin is so very important!

I have been using GlitzandGlam's line of skin care for about 4 weeks and even my dds noticed an improvement in my skin, they said I looked younger :yahoo:. I love the way my normally oily skin feels.

i use the Cetaphil cleanser with Clarisonic. It's gentle, cheap and recommended by dermatologists. La Mer and La Prairie made my face break out.

be careful with using hydroquinone to bleach skin. they will thin your skin with overuse - literally make your skin translucent/transparent. it's a growing issue in so.america and asia where skin bleaching to lighten complexion is commonplace.

i used to have nice even skin, then tried that stupid patch birth control. in the first month it gave me melasma and nausea. i thought it delivered too high a dose of hormone. my doc thought i was over-reacting. 6 or so years later, company and FDA released that it was giving 3-4x (maybe more) the stated dose. always listen to your body.

apey, I tried the patch too, soon after it came out. I swear I could feel a rush of mood altering hormones in my body. I had the nausea, too. After a few months, I abandoned it altogether. I never gave it another thought. Yes, listen to your body...great advice.

My dd loves her Clarisonic but I've been hesitant to try it, afraid that it'll aggravate my rosacia. Clinique has a new product called Even Better that evens out skin tone and dark spots. I use it at night but it can also be worn under makeup and 2X a day is recommended. I've seen a significant improvement in my skin. I'm very fair and avoid the sun at all costs but I have sun damage from when I was a child. I'm also oily from the neck up and like september siren find that most creams, including sun block, break out my skin.

apey_grapey, hydroquinone was my last resort, as I felt it was just like putting Clorox on my face. And sure enough, my skin got red, flaky and itchy within a couple of days.

LLANeedle, great that the even better is working for you. I've used both the skin tone corrector and then the dark spot corrector, and neither did anything to my dark spots. Also my skin got softer while using it but when I stopped it got a bit rough for a while.

I guess I just have to cover it up with makeup.:shucks:

My dd loves her Clarisonic but I've been hesitant to try it, afraid that it'll aggravate my rosacia. Clinique has a new product called Even Better that evens out skin tone and dark spots.

Clarisonic has a sensitive skin brush which has softer bristles...

apey_grapey, hydroquinone was my last resort, as I felt it was just like putting Clorox on my face. And sure enough, my skin got red, flaky and itchy within a couple of days.

Mid, make sure you only put the cream on your dark spots.

My derm gave me some whitening cream to try but I'm not very good to sticking to a skin "regimen". And I have such large dark patches... I didn't want to slather too much of it on my face. I'll just wait for a laser that will painlessly even out color (and zap fat cells) before I go whole hog on procedures ;).

LOL, septembersiren. Don't we all wish that! BTW, how's your hot doggie Wicky doing lately?

apey_grapey, yes, I was very careful to put it only on my dark spots. I don't think I would ever go back to that remedy. I've been also contemplating on laser treatments and photofacial, but I'm such a chicken, gah.

LOL, septembersiren. Don't we all wish that! BTW, how's your hot doggie Wicky doing lately?

apey_grapey, yes, I was very careful to put it only on my dark spots. I don't think I would ever go back to that remedy. I've been also contemplating on laser treatments and photofacial, but I'm such a chicken, gah.

Mid- you are beautiful just the way you are. Save the laser money for more BV or another vacation with the girls.

Wicky is being herself....a dog... she loves to chase the cats she thinks for some reason that when they run away from her they are playing with her
I keep telling her...your a dog they are cats they don't like you
especially when elmo (who is declawed) boxes her up the side of her head she really likes that and thinks he is playing with her and when he makes that gutteral cat noise deep in his throat she thinks he is singing her a love song
ahhhhh to be in such ignorant bliss heaven
oh to be a dog with a BV collar leash bed and bowl that is my dream LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.