Official Bottega Veneta Chat Thread - Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started using a Clarisonic about 6 months after they came out. It has made a tremendous difference in my skin. It is gentle enough to use on my old lady skin, and works great with a gentle exfoliant. I sometimes think about getting the new face/body one. My Clarisonic holds a charge for weeks and I keep it in the shower.

kroquet - if your skin issue is psoriasis, you need to see a rheumatologist, there are treatments to stop your immune system from overreacting. There is a discussion in the beauty are about this lotion and that lotion for psoriasis. The underlying condition is not being addressed. If this is not the case, ignore this paragraph. :winkiss:

kroquet - if your skin issue is psoriasis, you need to see a rheumatologist, there are treatments to stop your immune system from overreacting. There is a discussion in the beauty are about this lotion and that lotion for psoriasis. The underlying condition is not being addressed. If this is not the case, ignore this paragraph. :winkiss:

Thank you for this JBurgh, I have suffered with psoriasis my entire adult life and no matter what steroid cream or treatment, I have no improvment! No wonder! I always suspected there was more to it but since it is not chronic (just my elbows), never made it a priority... Now I will make an appt to see a Rheumatologist.:ty:

J - I can't remember the name of the condition, it was long and when I googled, there was not much except an article about Lupus. It will never be baby soft again, but it does look and feel much better.

LT - You need to get one!!! I bought my from QVC on 5 easy payments. LOL Was an offer I couldn't refuse and I deserved a treat.

I use mine on my arms, too. I think the one I got can be used on the body, too.

Has anyone tried the other thingie? The one that applies the serum. Someone at work was thinking of buying it.

I have had a clairisonic since they first came out and agree with everything y'all have said! I can tell a definite difference in how soft my skin is. Sometimes I will go a week or so without using it and will notice a difference in skin texture.

off to research the serum thingie and the pro model.....

LT and kroquet - true psoriasis and lupus are auto-immune diseases, things that rheumatologists deal with every day.

off to research the serum thingie and the pro model.

LT and kroquet - true psoriasis and lupus are auto-immune diseases, things that rheumatologists deal with every day.

oh dang...that mini commercial is on, I so want a Clubman...a bright green one with black leather interior and the checkered flag accents on the roof and mirrors.

Well, its obvious from my last 2 posts that my finger does not know the difference between edit and quote :amuse:

So it looks like the Clarisonic plus and pro are the same with these 3 exceptions: The pro must be purchased from a salon, the pro can be engraved, the pro comes in pink, white and gray.

I just saw the Opal (serum thingie) video. I remain skeptical. Maybe it works for younger people, but as you age, lots of the fat around your eyes goes away and the skin thins. I'd be hesitant to use it.

hmmm this discussion is intersting
I can no longer use any kind of moisturizer
I have used everything from Lameir to Laperla and they all break my face out
so maybe a device???? do you have to use a serum with it?
I am going to have to google this
Did anyone else wee that the cindy crawford stuff I think it is called meaningful beauty is now available at sephora
I know people that use it and swear up and down and inside and out that it is the best stuff around.
I am sure it would make my face breakout.

oh dang...that mini commercial is on, I so want a Clubman...a bright green one with black leather interior and the checkered flag accents on the roof and mirrors.

That's pretty much exactly what I want! the model, the colour, and the design! but alas, my son does not approve the clubman.:Push:

Does the clarisonic work for improving the skin tone too? My skin is soft and even in texture but I have freckles and dark spots that are darkening. I've tried tons of stuff out there from simple vitamin c to hydroquinone with no positive results. Any suggestions?

OMG!!!! Mid when I asked my dermatogolist what to do for darkening spots he told me to live with them that is no cure
Now I worked with this little asian guy and he told me to go to an asian grocery store that sells make up and skin care and buy a bleaching cream.
So far I have not found an asian market in the US where I live in SNJ that sells stuff like that.
I did buy some banishing cream from avon but after 2 weeks I keep forgetting to put it on and after 2 weeks there was no result whatsoever.
so I am accepting that I have liver spots on my hands and now stay out of the sun
I was never a sun worshiper to begin with so now I am just fashionably white white white
In fact my legs are so white they make snow look digny I am sorry to say.
But I did notice after a summer in the sun with #50 sunblock on that my legs had 4 or 5 dark spots on them now. I just stay out of the sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.