Official Bottega Veneta Chat Thread - Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joan Rivers just said this on fashion police

Salma Hayek walking down the street with her husband Henri Pinnault
Salma was wearing head to toe Carolina Herra
Joan Rivers said Salma was a smart woman that she was holding hands with an ATM machine with a penis

she is so crude sometimes

mousse, sorry just read your message! Just got home yesterday.

The Overton Hotel has a nice restaurant. It is down by Texas Tech University. Nice atmosphere. I also like Rain Uptown. It is more toward the Italian side and is on 98th St. That is just a couple I do like. You may have gotten more recommendations by now. Let me know how Lubbock was/is and where you did eat! :yes::okay:
Hi jcoop, had a nice stay in Lubbock. Crazy flying in with amazing thunderstorms and lightening strikes. We ate at the Pecan Grill at the Overton. I met a local from Lubbock during my layover in Las Vegas. She also suggested it. It was fab and our server was so delightful. Large portions - we lamented that we should have shared our meals. I had the soft shell crab and bbq shrimp. Loved it because it reminded me of BBQ shrimp from NoLa. Will stay at the Overton next time we are in town. The Holiday Inn Express West has awesome service and is super clean, but it lacks amenities like a restaurant and bar.

I love idioms and colorful words. Moving around so much has really added to my crazy sayings. These are my favs:

Non stoppus mouthus (from my friend's mother in Chicago)

Love this one. Yesterday afternoon on my connecting flight from LAS to SJC the woman in the row in front of me was chatting up a storm with a guy in her row. She talked, non stop, and her voice was so piercingly annoying that people in other rows kept giving her the evil eye. She was so clueless about her surroundings and fellow passengers and kept it up for the duration of the flight. We could hear her over the din of the 737 engine noise. Her favorite expression was "shut up." I thought about tapping her on the shoulder and saying "shut up" but I was afraid I would create an in-air incident and lose my SWA frequent flyer status.

Had a lovely lunch with LLANeedle! Loved seeing pictures of her new little white ball of fluff - so very cute!

She was carrying a lovely BV - which has renewed my desire for a Veneta - I think it was a medium? The search has begun...it will probably have to be a pre-loved bag, but I'm prepared to wait until I find just the right one...

We'll do it again soon!

Hello Ladies!!!
Its been soooooooo long since I came to visit. Life happens and just sometimes interferes with life!
Just read the last 15 pages or so to see what has been happening...
India, prayers and good thoughts for your SIL.........that is such a catastrophic thing to happen to someone...so glad you are finally getting some good news and indications of improvement...
Grandmommie, congratulations on the new baby and son in law.
JCoop, congratulations to you also...
Mousse, glad all is well in NoLa........we SO hoped it would send more rain to Bama than it did.....
And to anyone else I missed, HELLO!!

Our home has been a little disruptive lately. More downs than ups but we will survive. We have adopted a new baby...... I found a website called Texas Cattle Dog Rescue on Facebook, and darn it, they send out pics of babies needing homes or medical attention everyday - so off I go to our local shelter and come home with a Miniature Blue Heeler named Jade....she is 10 months old, a third the size of Dakota, and the only way to describe her is 21 pounds of P*SS and Vinegar!!!!!

I am trying NOT to spend money on needless things (I have decided that the only BV I WANT or "need" in the future is a Brick Cervo Bag), but it will be a long while until I get one, unless my ship comes in, I win the lottery, or someone just feels like being my fairy godmother!....

We're coming up on five years since DH had his stroke, and lately, I worry about him. It just seems like maybe a few more brain cells have disappeared as he has developed an apathy towards things.....He has no initiative(sic?)...its kind of hard to explain...BUT, at least he is here.....

Otherwise, its Football Season in the South, its slowly getting a little cooler.....

Just wanted to say hello!!

Mdical28-good to hear from you! Lucky puppy to arrive at your home. Love her name. Hope your DH's condition doesn't worsen. I think you have your priorities in the correct order. There are many more important things in our lives , other than bags. Let us know how y'all are doing and how Jade is doing.

Our home has been a little disruptive lately... so off I go to our local shelter and come home with a Miniature Blue Heeler named Jade...I am trying NOT to spend money on needless things...DH I worry about him...Just wanted to say hello!!
//waves >>>>> Hello! LTNS!!! Congrats on your new puppy, I love Heelers!!! And your 'trying not to' is my new mantra - I MUST stop spending money on needless things and devote my financial energy where it counts. And - I'm sure your DH has done this - but has he had a recent physical ...? {{mdlcal28}} you've been missed!!!

Just wanted everyone to know our little SA in Atlanta had a procedure done she is fine she will be out of work for 2 weeks send her healing vibes everyone
Thanks for letting us know - consider it done. She is a wonderful human being and a terrific SA!!!

Oh, and SS? I will never be able to look at Salma's husband ever again without the image of a giant penis with money flying out of it. I guess I should thank Joan Rivers for that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.