Official Bottega Veneta Chat Thread - Lets Chat!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, I have the same style Tod's but is a messenger bag! I have it as well as the black sloane now travel with me. I wear it when I am hunting in flea markets [jade/rock crystal, flower] and book stores.
I love my TODS Messenger! Mine is Smoke, this color goes with everything!
96815548_o.jpg

Suddenly speechless was due to the easygoing nature of this subforum I think. We often go OT but people just go with it until it takes its course back to the topic. We even had threads to talk about our dogs, our fragrance, our latest non BV purchase, etc. It has worked well probably because this subforum is relatively small and full of sweet people, and that's one of the things I love about here.:heart:

OK, back to topic,:biggrin: jane, love the gloves and the hat! and dang, I got the Coach coupon too but thought I had nothing to get from them.
This is my favorite sub forum, I like the 'small' community feeling.
Always been a fan of Coach gloves, gave up on the bgs once they moved production to China.
Cheers,

Can't help you on snow and ice, lol :P. Subaru Forresters are very popular here.

That comment has already come back to haunt me. We are expecting the coldest weather in 18 years. Today we had 40 mile per hour winds (we have a weather station). The night time temperature is dropping, and we will have 16 degrees on Sunday. Plus, snow, slush, and ice. Today at work, a strong wind ripped part of the roof off. Seattle weather...lovely.

Suddenly speechless was due to the easygoing nature of this subforum I think. We often go OT but people just go with it until it takes its course back to the topic. We even had threads to talk about our dogs, our fragrance, our latest non BV purchase, etc. It has worked well probably because this subforum is relatively small and full of sweet people, and that's one of the things I love about here.:heart:

OK, back to topic,:biggrin: jane, love the gloves and the hat! and dang, I got the Coach coupon too but thought I had nothing to get from them.

Mid - you are so right about this subforum. It is pretty easy work as far as modding goes. The members here are very polite. It makes BV such a lovely place to go. We are respectful and have never scrapped with each other. It is my "third place." I had to giggle at BookerMoose's comment about not having anything to say about topics other than BV. It took about a page of posts before we went off topic :graucho: .

Oh, BV will be put up VERY high!!! Will post pics as soon as I can! His name will be Jack and he is a Brussels Griffon. We have a cat named Carson after Carson Kressley and now "Jack, just Jack"!!! Poor DH is clueless about these names I have picked!!!

Llaneedle - how about a Volvo?
Oh cute puppy, my brother has a Brussels Griffon!

jburgh, sorry about the weather (can you see my smiling?). If that keeps up you'll be looking for a 4WD too.

Jane, your gloves are so pretty. Nordies had a nice selection of leather gloves lined in cashmere this year. They were gone in days. Did anyone attend their annual invitation only shopping event? My younger dd and I went. Other than the store being too hot, it was a nice way to spend an evening, shopping with a glass of wine in hand and servers bringing you delicious treats.

Great gloves, Jane! They're really pretty.

I like your REI buys, too. Is it just me, or has REI been unusually fluid with the member discounts and coupons this season? I guess it's a sign of the times. I've been getting a lot of emails from them lately, and it's a good thing that my local REI is a bit out of my way (I'd be shopping there all the time if it were more convenient!).

Talking of cold weather, it seems like a long winter already. We had our first snow in November, which is not unheard of, but still.... I hate driving in snow, so for me it's a good thing that I take the train to work. For the walk to and from the train, and waiting outside on the train platform (sometimes the waits can seem endless), I've already had to wear my down duffle coat. It seems too early for that, but it was only 16-F degrees when I left for work last week. No nice gloves for me that day--I wore fleece mittens double-lined with windblocking material. I looked oh-so-chic with my mittens and huge down coat with its hood up. :nogood:

That comment has already come back to haunt me. We are expecting the coldest weather in 18 years. Today we had 40 mile per hour winds (we have a weather station). The night time temperature is dropping, and we will have 16 degrees on Sunday. Plus, snow, slush, and ice. Today at work, a strong wind ripped part of the roof off. Seattle weather...lovely.

Ugh, that's awful weather. It sounds all too familiar for around here but for you, that is unusually bag! I hope it passes through quickly and without leaving too much of a mess behind.

blueiris: I'm with you on the winter seeming long already. I too have had to get out my down parka already. I always feel just slightly better once winter solstice has passed, as I know the days will start getting just a little longer each day. Though that doesn't help much with enduring January & February here.

mid-: I'm SO curious about what your ticker is all about????? Every time I read one of your posts, I mean to ask you. Any hints?

jane: Pretty gloves!

prestwick: REI is a big sporting supply store. They have clothing and sporting goods for all kinds of activiies, from biking to climbing to skiing. We don't have one here (we have nothing here!) but I get their catalog sometimes.

I'm going today to get my hair cut and colored. My stylist always comments on my bags. I am not sure I'm brave enough to take my new torchon hobo in the salon though!

goldenflower- thank you for cluing me in about REI.. I guess there isn't one here , either.. And as far as the hairdressers are concerned,,I try to hide my bag behind a partition, and sometimes cover it with my sweater (LOL), so to avoid accidents.. a hairdresser once splatttered color on my TODS vachette 8 panel bag years ago,,,that was the end of the bag..so now I am very, very careful

jane those COACH gloves are very pretty.. I'll have to check them out here..hm..

Better late than never to get into the chat room. At first I too thought, What is there to talk about besides BV (and my grandchildren, of course)???

kroquet, how great to adopt a puppy! Our rescue boy Boxer is nearly 4 (we estimate) and he still acts like a puppy, wanting attention and activity all the time.

LT Bag Lady, those are some stylish accessories you have there! Lovely. I wish I could wear heels, but heel spurs and that plantar thing started being a problem and lower back issues finished it off. I can still wear nice flats though and have 2 pr. of BV's.

Jane, those gloves from Coach look toasty warm. My dil lost one of her lined leather gloves and is so upset. That might be a good gift for her. If you are average build but 5'3", what would be a good size? I see Coach actually has the traditional glove sizes.

I love the BV subforum because we are so drama-free. The very few times a troll comes in, no one "feeds the troll" and they leave, never to return. I LOVE that about us. We're really a pretty laid-back group. Another mod told me BV was one of her fave places to go because it's so calm here!

Status
Not open for further replies.