Ode to the Lindy

Lindy Clemence durability:
This is the first bag I’ve been offered in three years even with buying many home decor items, twillys and jewelry. Anyway, long story short, I’m not the CRAZIEST about the colors as I wanted gold hardware, but my location has only gotten this in, which was promised back in October so I snagged it anyway. My main question is, I want to use this bag as my daily bag but am a little concerned about the leather-do you find that your Clemence Lindys hold up well? Do I absolutely NEED the raincoat? Thanks!
I don’t own lindy but I have evelyne bag in clemence and I do use it in rainy weathers.

I make sure I wipe off the raindrops quickly if I got them on my bag. Nothing happened to it so far but I don’t think it will be okay if I let raindrops sit for more than 15 mins.

Reactions: Kimber0719
I’m not much help, because I haven’t had my Lindy very long and don’t live in a rainy city, but I’m so excited to see your Etoupe with these twillies! They’re the blue Isolas, right? I’ve been hoping to see them against Etoupe because I’ve been wanting them for my Lindy and Evie TPM! If you don’t mind, would you be willing to post a photo of it against the bag in natural light? Are the brown bits close in color to Etoupe? Thank you!

Ah yes exactly-the blue isolas!! Are you a big etoupe fan? I’m trying to get myself to be, but I’m having difficulty because I just love my vibrant colors. Since this is going to be a daily bag, though, I figured I should go with a neutral, but I just wish I liked the color more. Maybe I’ll grow to love it? I’ve included the best pictures I can for you, but there’s virtually no natural light in Virginia these days so I apologize. I chose the blue Isolas for the exact reason you stated in the hopes the brown would match the etoupe! I think it does nicely. Get them!!

Attachments

• 2872D9A3-F4B4-477D-BA30-EF5BD1E8D1EE.jpeg
    2872D9A3-F4B4-477D-BA30-EF5BD1E8D1EE.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 197
  • BEF50E30-17A1-49EC-8AA3-3E322A6EC72B.jpeg
    BEF50E30-17A1-49EC-8AA3-3E322A6EC72B.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 199
Ah yes exactly-the blue isolas!! Are you a big etoupe fan? I’m trying to get myself to be, but I’m having difficulty because I just love my vibrant colors. Since this is going to be a daily bag, though, I figured I should go with a neutral, but I just wish I liked the color more. Maybe I’ll grow to love it? I’ve included the best pictures I can for you, but there’s virtually no natural light in Virginia these days so I apologize. I chose the blue Isolas for the exact reason you stated in the hopes the brown would match the etoupe! I think it does nicely. Get them!!

Thank you so much! I was debating between the blue and pink Isolas, but you have convinced me to get the blue!!!

I AM a huge Etoupe fan, although to be honest I didn't think I would be. I love pops of color bags as well, and had quite a few when I was a BV gal, but thought I would start my H family with neutrals. I got my Evie TPM in Etoupe GHW, which I thought was pretty but didn't think I would need another one and was waiting for Gold for my next bag. When my SA asked if I was interested in Lindy Etoupe PHW, I was iffy. The second she pulled it out of the dustbag, I was in love and knew then that I would not mind having multiple bags in Etoupe. It is so so versatile, and I can do pops of color using twillies and even bag charms. I do love Gold as well, but I find Etoupe is more versatile. It can lean warm or cool, depending on what I wear it with. I hope you grow to love the color! I love your little rodeo, and hope I can get my hands on more solid colors!

Hey guys!
Asking all those that have a lindy 26 and it’s been worn and loved (esp in clemence leather), I know it’ll get slouchy over time but wondering if it’s worth it to buy an insert or stuff it to help keep its “optimal fortune cookie” shape? I hope to avoid it from looking heavily used and aging too quickly despite light use (I’m not too familiar with slouchy bags and tend to lean towards structured bag). I know that the bag is meant to look slouchy so was wondering what people think about insert/stuffing vs just letting it be au natural (and how it holds up over time) :biggrin: Thanks!

Hey guys!
Asking all those that have a lindy 26 and it’s been worn and loved (esp in clemence leather), I know it’ll get slouchy over time but wondering if it’s worth it to buy an insert or stuff it to help keep its “optimal fortune cookie” shape? I hope to avoid it from looking heavily used and aging too quickly despite light use (I’m not too familiar with slouchy bags and tend to lean towards structured bag). I know that the bag is meant to look slouchy so was wondering what people think about insert/stuffing vs just letting it be au natural (and how it holds up over time) :biggrin: Thanks!
I use a MaiTai insert in mine and it still keeps the fortune cookie shape. My reasons for getting an insert was more to protect the interior and I wanted some pockets for organization. When not in use I just stuff it with the air pillows it came with.

Reactions: Surrealish
This is the first bag I’ve been offered in three years even with buying many home decor items, twillys and jewelry. Anyway, long story short, I’m not the CRAZIEST about the colors as I wanted gold hardware, but my location has only gotten this in, which was promised back in October so I snagged it anyway. My main question is, I want to use this bag as my daily bag but am a little concerned about the leather-do you find that your Clemence Lindys hold up well? Do I absolutely NEED the raincoat? Thanks!

I’ve been using my lindy 34 clemence in etoupe with PHW for 10 years now as my daily beater. Clemence leather sure is very durable and it gets softer, shinier, and smooshier as time goes by. It’s a perfect daily bag as it’s comfortable, practical, and chic. As for the raincoat, you don’t absolutely need it but it’s good to have it in your bag. Clemence can handle a tiny bit of drizzle as long as you wipe it IMMEDIATELY. Anything more than a drizzle, I won’t even dare. I learned it the hard way when I walked through a downpour that caused my flap to kind of bubble. Like, I can tell there’s now a space inside the flap if that makes sense. I think clemence in evelyne’s are less prone to this when it gets wet because evelyne’s are unlined. But in terms of durability, you have nothing to worry about! Enjoy your bag!

Reactions: Virevolte
Hello Lindy-fans,
I have gone through the entire thread (yes, all of it!). Thank you for the inspiration :flowers:

One piece of information I haven’t found, I am hoping someone can help me with: will it be possible to fit a tablet (slim but A4-size) into a Lindy 30? I assume the bag will not fold as prettily with a tablet in it and I could live with that - and even with it being a bit troublesome to get the tablet inside, but would it be possible?

I promise I would not do it often, but I would need the option if I were to justify buying a Lindy 30 as a “work bag”…..

I know!!! When I was shown this bag at the store, almost the first thing I did was to smell it and the SA started to laugh (with me of course when I explained why I did it) :lol: :lol: I also love it that when I open my closet, all you can smell is the leather:hbeat:
Yes I have other H bags, the Lindy is the one with the goegeous H leather smell

Does anyone have a Lindy 26 in both Evercolor & in Clemence? I'm curious which of the two leathers hold up their shape better over time.
I have both. The evercolor will hold it's structure better. Clemence can get smooshy over time. If you like Clemence better get a structured insert like a Mai Tai and it will hold it's shape.

I have 3 clémence Lindys (the first is gris tourterelle and more than 10 years old and looks like new) and I think it is the most durable leather for that bag. Clémence resists rain. Just wipe it if exposed to water.