Ode to the Lindy

That is what I thought! I watched a YouTube video of someone unboxing her Hermès bag and it came out the box with a twilly so it had me confused :confused1:
Sometimes when the customer buys a bag and a twilly.. and the SA demos how to put the twilly on at the store... the customer can ask to leave it on esp if they’re not sure they can do it as pretty..:biggrin: voila bag unboxed with twilly on..!!!

My Lindy 26 in clemence leather doesn’t have this problem but my Lindy 30 in evercolor leather do have the same issue as yours. However, the opening is wide enough for me to take out/put in my stuffs into Lindy 30 without need to unzip it.
Thanks for your reply Renet. Mine is a Clemence but the previous owner has probably used it for a fair bit so the leather tabs are soft. Thinking of taking it to spa if they can replace the tabs...

Reactions: renet
Thank you for all the lovely inspiring Lindy pictures! I have a couple of Lindy-related questions, I hope it is ok to post them here:
How comfortable do you find the Lindy is to be carried on the shoulder? Does it slide down easily?
Has anyone here put on a longer shoulder strap on their Lindy so it can be carried crossbody? I saw a picture somewhere of that, I think.. not here on tpf.

I am looking for an Etoupe Lindy - and recently I found a seller nearby where I live with a pristine Lindy 34, looking brand new with receipt and box ++. My problem is that my back ache when carrying bags on one shoulder, I guess I twist my body, so I swore I would only buy crossbody bags from now on. Handheld bags only are too fussy for my lifestyle, I need and like to have both hands free most of the time. I am looking for an Evelyne, but I also love the softness of the Lindy.

Hi there! Lindy was a pleasant surprise for me once I began to wear one. I often have trouble with shoulder bags slipping down so one of the things I love most about the Lindy is that it is very comfortable and slip free. I find it to be practical and stylish. To me, it is nice that it can be worn hand held, on the arm or on the shoulder. I am not sure that I would recommend trying to convert it to be a cross body bag as it may be rather bulky that way. If you are certain that you want a cross body, perhaps consider a different bag.
I just noticed that you are considering a34cm Lindy; that size can get heavy so I am not sure I would recommend a 34cm if you have a sensitive back. Depending on your frame and how much you carry, you might prefer a 30cm which still holds quite a lot. As far as the smooshy or softness factor, both the lindy and the Evelyn are often made in clemence leather which will give you the feel you prefer. Style wise, both the lindy and evelyn are great choices as long as you find the right size for your needs. Good luck finding your dream bag!

Reactions: SiriS
Hi there! Lindy was a pleasant surprise for me once I began to wear one. I often have trouble with shoulder bags slipping down so one of the things I love most about the Lindy is that it is very comfortable and slip free. I find it to be practical and stylish. To me, it is nice that it can be worn hand held, on the arm or on the shoulder. I am not sure that I would recommend trying to convert it to be a cross body bag as it may be rather bulky that way. If you are certain that you want a cross body, perhaps consider a different bag.
I just noticed that you are considering a34cm Lindy; that size can get heavy so I am not sure I would recommend a 34cm if you have a sensitive back. Depending on your frame and how much you carry, you might prefer a 30cm which still holds quite a lot. As far as the smooshy or softness factor, both the lindy and the Evelyn are often made in clemence leather which will give you the feel you prefer. Style wise, both the lindy and evelyn are great choices as long as you find the right size for your needs. Good luck finding your dream bag!

Luckylove, thank you so much for taking your time answering me, this was very helpful. I guess I must concentrate on getting an Evelyne only for now. This particular Lindy that is for sale will probably be too heavy for me on one shoulder. It is so very beautiful though!

Reactions: Cygne18
Luckylove, thank you so much for taking your time answering me, this was very helpful. I guess I must concentrate on getting an Evelyne only for now. This particular Lindy that is for sale will probably be too heavy for me on one shoulder. It is so very beautiful though!

I sold my lindy 34 for that exact reason. Too heavy. I'm only getting lindy 26s now. For some reason, Evelyn doesn't look right on me. I like Halzan as crossbows bag.

Reactions: SiriS
Thank you for all the lovely inspiring Lindy pictures! I have a couple of Lindy-related questions, I hope it is ok to post them here:
How comfortable do you find the Lindy is to be carried on the shoulder? Does it slide down easily?
Has anyone here put on a longer shoulder strap on their Lindy so it can be carried crossbody? I saw a picture somewhere of that, I think.. not here on tpf.

I am looking for an Etoupe Lindy - and recently I found a seller nearby where I live with a pristine Lindy 34, looking brand new with receipt and box ++. My problem is that my back ache when carrying bags on one shoulder, I guess I twist my body, so I swore I would only buy crossbody bags from now on. Handheld bags only are too fussy for my lifestyle, I need and like to have both hands free most of the time. I am looking for an Evelyne, but I also love the softness of the Lindy.

My frame max can suit a Lindy 30 but I prefer size 26 mainly cos it is lightweight and can accommodate all my necessities. The bigger my bag, the more things I will put inside.

I now appreciate smaller bags more. [emoji13][emoji7]

My frame max can suit a Lindy 30 but I prefer size 26 mainly cos it is lightweight and can accommodate all my necessities. The bigger my bag, the more things I will put inside.

I now appreciate smaller bags more. [emoji13][emoji7]

Yes, smaller bags are better suited for the shoulder, with a crossbody I can carry a little bit more. I am medium built and height, but at 44 yo my back is starting to ache more and more frequently. Comfort over elegance for me. :smile: With Hermès one can have both!

Reactions: renet and Cygne18
I did it. I bought a H bag just so I have a place to hang my Rose Azalee Rodeo PM and MM Charms. :shocked::P:happydance:

Lindy 26 in Rose Azalee Evercolor :love:

At the Hermes store:
47328700-88CF-43B5-A1F5-950B57F0E98C.jpeg 1AC1FADE-6CF7-4CC8-94D4-AF85CCACBCE5.jpeg 772253D4-BD2C-45F6-BE80-4FD972BB3C34.jpeg

At home modeling the two Rodeos:
AD1FF784-CA26-4832-8FBB-074E1E8D56BB.jpeg

On her first trip to celebrate Valentine’s Day and CNY with matching PM Rodeo:
002B9D7C-3EF0-4850-99EE-7000F419B448.jpeg

My very own pink Valentine’s Day/CNY fortune cookie. :hbeat:

Wishing everyone a lovely Valentine’s Day and a happy, healthy New Year!!! May you be showered with love and lots and lots of bags. :drinks:

I did it. I bought a H bag just so I have a place to hang my Rose Azalee Rodeo PM and MM Charms. :shocked::P:happydance:

Lindy 26 in Rose Azalee Evercolor :love:

At the Hermes store:
View attachment 3966430 View attachment 3966431 View attachment 3966432

At home modeling the two Rodeos:
View attachment 3966429

On her first trip to celebrate Valentine’s Day and CNY with matching PM Rodeo:
View attachment 3966433

My very own pink Valentine’s Day/CNY fortune cookie. :hbeat:

Wishing everyone a lovely Valentine’s Day and a happy, healthy New Year!!! May you be showered with love and lots and lots of bags. :drinks:

We are twins on the PM Rodeo! Such a lovely Lindy! Happy V Day![emoji253]

Reactions: SugarHazard