Ode to the Lindy

Has anybody had a swift Lindy for a while? While I love the smoothness of the leather, it is stiffer / less smooshy than clemence and I'm wondering if it will soften with time. I'd like to hold it bent in the fortune cookie shape. Will it crease at the fold?

I would love to see pictures of well worn swift Lindys if you have them!

Hi ladies, I have just acquired a pre-loved Lindy 30, I am loving the look of it but found the leather pull too soft so it is very hard to pull the zip... Is this a known issue or is there something I can do about it? The leather of my Lindy is Clemence. Many thanks!

Hi ladies, I’m about to buy a lindy 26 in rouge tomate gold hardware in Clemence leather..I’ve always been a chanel gal, but I’m slowly foraying into the world of orange boxes :lol: anyway so it’s my first hermes so I’m all over the place excited :panic: would like some reassurance on Clemence leather as I hear that this type of leather gets all squishy and soft after awhile..would like to hear some opinions before I commit...any comment will be appreciated. TIA ladies! :flowers:

Hi ladies, I have just purchased a pre loved Lindy 30 in Clemence leather. I am loving the look of it but I find the leather tabs very soft to the extent that I find it very hard to pull the zip. Does anyone encounter this issue and is there a solution to this? TIA!

Hi ladies, I’m about to buy a lindy 26 in rouge tomate gold hardware in Clemence leather..I’ve always been a chanel gal, but I’m slowly foraying into the world of orange boxes :lol: anyway so it’s my first hermes so I’m all over the place excited :panic: would like some reassurance on Clemence leather as I hear that this type of leather gets all squishy and soft after awhile..would like to hear some opinions before I commit...any comment will be appreciated. TIA ladies! :flowers:
I have a Lindy 30 in clemence, I've had it for about 2 years already and I use it a lot but it is still pristine. Not squishy or soft at all. I once got rained on with it and I just wiped it dry and it was all good!

I have a Lindy 30 in clemence, I've had it for about 2 years already and I use it a lot but it is still pristine. Not squishy or soft at all. I once got rained on with it and I just wiped it dry and it was all good!
Thanks @odette57 sounda like the lindy is a workhorse and I don’t have to baby it too much! Thanks for the reassurance. Final decision I may be waiting it out till I find the right color. I was offered the rouge tomate, but I know deep in my heart I prefer the rouge cascaque or rouge garance. Orange undertone probably not my fave kind of red. What Colour is yours? :P

Thanks @odette57 sounda like the lindy is a workhorse and I don’t have to baby it too much! Thanks for the reassurance. Final decision I may be waiting it out till I find the right color. I was offered the rouge tomate, but I know deep in my heart I prefer the rouge cascaque or rouge garance. Orange undertone probably not my fave kind of red. What Colour is yours? :P
Yup don’t settle! Wait for the right color that sings to you, these are expensive bags after all. Funny you should ask because mine is orange/moutard eclat. Very orange undertone. Haha

Attachments

• 12E449BC-60A5-49A4-89AD-140FE4BFA042.jpeg
    12E449BC-60A5-49A4-89AD-140FE4BFA042.jpeg
    183.8 KB · Views: 1,263
Yup don’t settle! Wait for the right color that sings to you, these are expensive bags after all. Funny you should ask because mine is orange/moutard eclat. Very orange undertone. Haha
Beautiful bag! Forgot to add that if it’s an actual orange I totally love it! My compact silk’in wallet is in a bright shade of orange and I love it! Just not red with orange undertone though. If it’s orange then it has to be pure orange and red then a true red. I’m such a purist! Yes I will wait it out and not jump onto any I see! Thanks for the encouragement my dearest! :flowers:

Beautiful bag! Forgot to add that if it’s an actual orange I totally love it! My compact silk’in wallet is in a bright shade of orange and I love it! Just not red with orange undertone though. If it’s orange then it has to be pure orange and red then a true red. I’m such a purist! Yes I will wait it out and not jump onto any I see! Thanks for the encouragement my dearest! :flowers:
Thanks! Goodluck, hope you get your perfect Lindy soon! :heart:

Hi ladies, I have just purchased a pre loved Lindy 30 in Clemence leather. I am loving the look of it but I find the leather tabs very soft to the extent that I find it very hard to pull the zip. Does anyone encounter this issue and is there a solution to this? TIA!

My Lindy 26 in clemence leather doesn’t have this problem but my Lindy 30 in evercolor leather do have the same issue as yours. However, the opening is wide enough for me to take out/put in my stuffs into Lindy 30 without need to unzip it.