Ode to the Lindy

View attachment 3671576
I score this baby in paris [emoji7]
Hi, what a gorgeous Lindy! May I get your opinion? I am considering to get a Crocs lindy 30 too, but have a few questions. From your experience with your Crocs lindy, is it less slouchy than a calf leather lindy? Is crocodile leather more stiff ( like the overall shape and shoulder strap)? Does Croc leather soften over time after wear? In terms of weight, is crocodile lighter than clemence leather? Does crocodile leather get softer over the time? Sorry for so many questions but this is my first exotic Hermes and a big purchase for me. thanks.

Question, I am a newbie to Hermes and just got my 1st Lindy @cdg, a very beautiful 30 etoupe clemence. As I was searching for Lindy from Germany to France , this was my very first time bump into one! But the SA told me I have to bring sth that's worth EU4000 or more so I can have it. Coz it's normally reserve for VIP... Is that true ? (I was forced to pay with a 18k rose gold d'ancre diamond bracelet...) Is this even normal? Totally understand if I'm seeking B or K...But Lindy???

Last edited:
Question, I am a newbie to Hermes and just got my 1st Lindy @cdg, a very beautiful 30 etoupe clemence. As I was searching for Lindy from Germany to France , this was my very first time bump into one! But the SA told me I have to bring sth that's worth EU4000 or more so I can have it. Coz it's normally reserve for VIP... Is that true ? (I was forced to pay with a 18k rose gold d'ancre diamond bracelet...) Is this even normal? Totally understand if I'm seeking B or K...But Lindy???

Did u give her "puppy eyes"? Sometimes playing "hard to sell" to an SA is the key. Nope, Lindy is readily available (if there's stock) in store. I sure hope you did LOVE the bracelet and didn't just buy it for the sake of the bag.

Hi, what a gorgeous Lindy! May I get your opinion? I am considering to get a Crocs lindy 30 too, but have a few questions. From your experience with your Crocs lindy, is it less slouchy than a calf leather lindy? Is crocodile leather more stiff ( like the overall shape and shoulder strap)? Does Croc leather soften over time after wear? In terms of weight, is crocodile lighter than clemence leather? Does crocodile leather get softer over the time? Sorry for so many questions but this is my first exotic Hermes and a big purchase for me. thanks.

Croc is much lighter than regular leather and overtime, it will be supple but since you are getting size 30 should be fine in terms of keeping the shape.

Did u give her "puppy eyes"? Sometimes playing "hard to sell" to an SA is the key. Nope, Lindy is readily available (if there's stock) in store. I sure hope you did LOVE the bracelet and didn't just buy it for the sake of the bag.
Thank u so much for answering, and gosh maybe I was too excited to heard there's a Lindy available at store :sad: I'm trying to sell or exchange the bracelet now...I didn't really want it :'(

View attachment 3880461 Thank you @azukitea @bagidiotic @Monique1004 @milycart for the input and advise. But finally what I choose is totally different since i don't really like clemence leather on lindy and I don't like blue hydra because I find it too bright for my taste and...ta da...miss Rose Pourpre in evercolor leather . Leather, size and color blended in harmony. Perfecto.

Here's mine, your twin bag. I try to capture the true color but it's very hard. IMG_1511641772.766192.jpgIMG_1511641802.754222.jpg

I am debating on buying this bag and am looking for pics, video, etc. of the slouchyness of them (shoulder shots are welcome!!). The photos I usually see of them have them either stuffed to the gills, or have an insert in them making the body of the bag look boxy and stiff. I prefer seeing them in their natural 'loose' state, as it were. Also, to those that own them, what size do you have and how much stuff does it take to get to that line between 'slack' and 'stiff'?

Last edited:
I’ll start. I have an L26 Clemence in Bleu Saint-Cyr. I only carry my Dogon wallet, car key fob (tiny) and phone. No insert. Nothing else, so I’m sure I’m on the “slouchy” end of the scale. Am interested to see the tipping point between slouchy and stiff, tho!

Attachments

• CDB03A82-2F60-41CC-8085-B8B44B3A2FB7.jpeg
    CDB03A82-2F60-41CC-8085-B8B44B3A2FB7.jpeg
    203.8 KB · Views: 1,430