Ode to the Lindy

Ladies I really need your help. I am thinking to buy my first Lindy 30. There are 3 choices : Blue Hydra evercolor palladium, blue indigo swift goldhardware or blue nuit clemence goldhardware. Really appreciate your vote. Thank you

Ladies I really need your help. I am thinking to buy my first Lindy 30. There are 3 choices : Blue Hydra evercolor palladium, blue indigo swift goldhardware or blue nuit clemence goldhardware. Really appreciate your vote. Thank you

I prefer Lindy in pop colours so I will vote for blue hydra! Here's mine in same specs but in size 26 :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_6194.JPG
    IMG_6194.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 1,712

Blue Indigo or Blue Nuit. Blue Hydra is very bright blue so it is harder to work with wardrobe. Also GHW is kind of rare on lindy & it adds elegance to this casual design. I especially love the blue indigo with GHW. The only thing is I personally don't like swift leather much. You should go in & try them out.

Reactions: Bagsshoesaddict
Hello ladies, does anyone own a Lindy with clemence in blue paradise? I'm seriously thinking about getting a Lindy and blue seems to be the color of choice. But I'n afraid blue paradise might be too bright for everyday casual use? Most of my other bags are in red, this would be my first non red H bag. If anyone has any pic, that would be great. Thanks!

I love my lindy in Blue Aagate. It's muted blue & very pretty pastel color. It also goes easy with any wardrobe.
IMG_1510246398.636366.jpg

Hi dear all, I just wanna share my experience and perhaps rant a little on how I manage to get my black lindy 26. It’s a Long story...

So I sent in my birkin for spa for the first time and met this snobbish male SA (I was carrying my Kelly sellier). Really wonders what’s up with the attitude. But anyways I didn’t like him very much. He told me he only needs to take in the bag and dust bag so I left the box at the store and decided to pick it up before heading home.

When I returned for the box after lunch, he wasn’t around so we spoke to another lady SA. DH spotted a black lindy 30 on the shelf. He was Super excited and got it for me because he was saying that he had not seen such a classic colour despite popping by the store countless times. Anyway I didn’t like 30 so suggested he could gift it to his mum. We did ask the lady SA who served us if there was any lindy 26 in black or etoupe or gold as it has been on my wish list. She said no. So we bought the 30 and left.

A while later, I returned to look at some wallets and I saw a black lindy 26 on display! The same lady sa told me it’s reserved by another client and I was just lamenting it would have been the perfect lindy for me. I was so upset so I left shortly. Then as I made my way to the car park a thought came. I tried calling my sa to tell her if the client didn’t come to get the reserved lindy, inform me to get it. Well, she didn’t pick up so I just went up to the store anyways. She was nowhere in sight but I saw the snobbish male sa I met the first time. I asked him if I could take a look at the lindy 26 as I was curious what’s the interior colour. And he said YES! So the rest was history. The lady SA was the one who wrapped up the bag and her face was Super black. I don’t know if she was embarrassed or upset her tactic was seen through.

So what’s up with the item is reserved tactic? Is it cause they don’t get Comm from non b/k bags(well, she told me that they don’t get Comm from all bags)? Or was it cause she didn’t think that I will buy 2 same colour lindys in a day? It’s really mind blogging. Anyway DH popped by the store to ask her what’s going on after work and she said the lindy 26 was reserved by the male sa for his client so he had the freedom to offer it to whoever he likes but I don’t really take that crap. So now I’m wondering should I go to the lady sa or male sa for my next twilly purchase .... what would you babes do?
I was told that any bag on 'display' is saleable to any walk-in customer. If the bag was reserved, it would be in the back room. I'm not sure why both SAs have such attitude since H business have come down from several years ago and you're reading lots of posts on the forum that newbies are being offered B & K much faster without having to shop for months with them and buying non leather goods with them. Even in Asia, I'm hearing that it is much easier than it used to be so your SAs are still living in the good old days when they can play this game to clients.

If I were you and located in the US, I would just shop online for twillies or just go to Ebay. There are tons of excess inventory from resellers that are not moving. Plus a small item like twilly will not make those SAs blink an eye so why bother giving them the commissions. THey don't deserve it. It is not true that they don't get commissions on non B & K bags.

few things for u to consider:

lindy with ghw is hard to come by, and can offer the lindy to be worn in more formal settings in addition to casual ones
in my personal view, blue hydra with phw, can fit mostly in casual outings

with regards to leather choice, do you have a preference?

if I were offered the options you said,I would pick bleu nuit with ghw (because I think clemence is best for lindy to show off its fortune cookie shape) , thouGH i love indigo as a COLOUR

7E89C3BD-3DB2-4D8B-B6FF-13FDFB2645BF.jpeg Thank you @azukitea @bagidiotic @Monique1004 @milycart for the input and advise. But finally what I choose is totally different since i don't really like clemence leather on lindy and I don't like blue hydra because I find it too bright for my taste and...ta da...miss Rose Pourpre in evercolor leather . Leather, size and color blended in harmony. Perfecto.