Ode to the Horn.........

etoile de mer

by the sea
Feb 25, 2012
It's been quiet here for a while. I've not been in love with a lot of recent horn pieces that Hermes has produced, but these Animaux Camoufles may just change my mind. I think I need the zebra one in my life:

View attachment 5106714 View attachment 5106715
These are beautiful! :love: Thanks for sharing, I hope these pop up in the US. Description below found on the Hermes Netherlands site. Of course because I'd like one, they are noted as being made in limited quantities! :rolleyes:

"The Story: Available in limited quantities, the Haute Fantaisie capsule collections pay tribute to the expertise of Hermès in a timeless, sophisticated and precious style. Excellent craftsmanship combined with exceptional materials gives rise to sophisticated creations. Engraved on the front and lacquered on the back, the Lift pendant is reinvented for an exclusive capsule. Inspired by the "Animaux camouflés" drawing by Jan Bajtlik, zebras, koala bears, parrots and other exotic animals come to life on the horn through an innovative engraving technique".

etoile de mer

by the sea
Feb 25, 2012
@julian.f, wow, all are beautiful! I tend to favor the GM size, but would take any of these! I thought the description was interesting, "engraved on the front and lacquered on the back". Usually the front of the Lift pendants are lacquered. Makes me wonder what these look like on the opposite side. Plus they seem to have Barenia cords? :loveeyes:

Reactions: c18027

julian.f

O.G.
Feb 4, 2011
Europe
@julian.f, wow, all are beautiful! I tend to favor the GM size, but would take any of these! I thought the description was interesting, "engraved on the front and lacquered on the back". Usually the front of the Lift pendants are lacquered. Makes me wonder what these look like on the opposite side. Plus they seem to have Barenia cords? :loveeyes:
I have a feeling they are lacquered white on the back side in order to create the beautiful imagery we see, so the engraving is visible. Because usually, H engraves "Hermes" or Made in Vietnam into the horn but it's not visible so I would think maybe this is what makes the image so special. Regardless, indeed, I would take any of them. Right now Zebra and Parrot are online in NL (where I am located) however I've reached out to my SM to see if he could source Chameleon or Leopard, which would be my top choices. I really wish I knew about them earlier because I missed them online...and indeed the Barenia cord makes them special. Fingers crossed you're also able to get your hands on one (or more!). If I do get one, I'll be sure to post! They really are something :loveeyes:.

etoile de mer

by the sea
Feb 25, 2012
I have a feeling they are lacquered white on the back side in order to create the beautiful imagery we see, so the engraving is visible. Because usually, H engraves "Hermes" or Made in Vietnam into the horn but it's not visible so I would think maybe this is what makes the image so special. Regardless, indeed, I would take any of them. Right now Zebra and Parrot are online in NL (where I am located) however I've reached out to my SM to see if he could source Chameleon or Leopard, which would be my top choices. I really wish I knew about them earlier because I missed them online...and indeed the Barenia cord makes them special. Fingers crossed you're also able to get your hands on one (or more!). If I do get one, I'll be sure to post! They really are something :loveeyes:.
Thanks so much! :flowers: These may prompt a message to my SA. I hope you find one of your favored ones! Like you, other recent horn pieces haven't been exciting to me, so I haven't looked at the horn pieces online for quite a while. So, not sure if they've come and gone here, or are yet to come. I look forward to seeing which one finds a home with you!

Last edited:
Reactions: c18027