Ode to the Horn.........

In comparison to my original Lift pendant @etoile de mer, the large sizes are exactly the same. The new leather cord is not adjustable, and it lacks the sliding knots that are found on the waxed cotton cord of the original version. The limited edition version has a tube bead engraved with - HERMÈS - and a square hallmark. The bead doesn't slide or open in any way. The animal design is neither carved nor raised. The finish of the front design feels matte, perhaps engraved and then sanded down to expose the white lacquer underneath. The sides of the pendant are the same white lacquer used on the back. Overall, a very unique piece and worth adding to your collection!

@c18027, thank you so much for your detailed description! :flowers: Like you, I ordered the large Parrot, but mine in still in transit. It was due to arrive today, but apparently there's a delay with FedEx! I love that each horn piece is unique, and so fun the small and large you received have different coloration. If a small Zebra pops up, I might need that, too! So interesting regarding the finish, I'd love to know more about how these ones are made. I admire the patience and level of craftsmanship needed to create these beautiful horn pieces!

• Love
Reactions: c18027
Looks like I'll be last to the pendant party. I almost ordered parrot but I'm very partial to chameleon so I'm waiting out for my SA to see if he can get it. My thought on the string is that, with a dark pendant, like @c18027's small chameleon, it would be possible to take a cord from another H pendant (the waxed cotton with the double knots) and swap it out in order to adjust the length. I for sure would try it if I manage to get a darker one. With the lighter ones, not sure how it'll work in terms of how it'll look but the cords are easily removable and easy to put back on so there's nothing preventing the swap if the length doesn't suit and you happen to have another cord handy. I love the leather one but I sincerely hope the length is one that works for me.

Looks like I'll be last to the pendant party. I almost ordered parrot but I'm very partial to chameleon so I'm waiting out for my SA to see if he can get it. My thought on the string is that, with a dark pendant, like @c18027's small chameleon, it would be possible to take a cord from another H pendant (the waxed cotton with the double knots) and swap it out in order to adjust the length. I for sure would try it if I manage to get a darker one. With the lighter ones, not sure how it'll work in terms of how it'll look but the cords are easily removable and easy to put back on so there's nothing preventing the swap if the length doesn't suit and you happen to have another cord handy. I love the leather one but I sincerely hope the length is one that works for me.

@julian.f, I had the same thought, would be very easy to swap the cord, as I do really like being able to wear these pendants at various lengths. I have a few Lift pendants with dark brown (vs black) adjustable waxed cords, so I could use any of those. But the Barenia cord is :loveeyes:, so hoping its fixed length works for me, too! My delivery is still delayed, in FedEx parlance, "pending". :annoyed: So many delays with various FedEx deliveries recently, they're apparently still struggling to keep up with increased volume of packages.

Hoping you'll find your chameleon soon, keep us posted on your progress! :flowers:

Reactions: c18027 and julian.f
.... it would be possible to take a cord from another H pendant (the waxed cotton with the double knots) and swap it out in order to adjust the length. ... the cords are easily removable and easy to put back on so there's nothing preventing the swap if the length doesn't suit and you happen to have another cord handy. I love the leather one but I sincerely hope the length is one that works for me.
This is a GREAT idea. I have the horn pendant with the adjustable waxed cotton cord but have never thought to switch it with my second pendant which is from the Minerale series (bought on the secondary market to match the bracelet from the boutique) but the cord for that is leather but sooo long I'm afraid it will smash into my desk, the table ledge, etc. and scrape the resin. Was thinking of taking it to my jeweler to shorten - but off to try this. Thanks.

Reactions: julian.f and c18027
Here's my Animaux Camoufles Parrot pendant from the Haute Fantaisie collection. After being in transit :broom: a week longer than expected, it finally arrived! I love it so much, well worth the wait.:hbeat: These pics are a bit dark, my Parrot is nearly a twin to @c18027's in coloration. Leaning more towards blond horn, I immediately got to work :smile: pulling out pieces I thought would complement it. I hope others who collect these pendants from this collection will post here, they are truly lovely works of art.

Hermes Lift - Animaux Camoufles - 1.jpg

Hermes Lift - Animaux Camoufles - 2.jpg

Quick modelling pic from this morning! :smile:

View attachment 5124684
It's really beautiful on. Now that I see this being worn...stunning. Congratulations! And the length is really perfect. Love the barenia leather cord as well. Even better than I thought. I should've grabbed it online when I had the chance but I was set on getting the chameleon one. May need to try a little harder to source one after seeing you wearing it!

• Love
Reactions: etoile de mer
It's really beautiful on. Now that I see this being worn...stunning. Congratulations! And the length is really perfect. Love the barenia leather cord as well. Even better than I thought. I should've grabbed it online when I had the chance but I was set on getting the chameleon one. May need to try a little harder to source one after seeing you wearing it!

Many thanks! :flowers: And so glad my modelling pic was helpful. For size reference my parrot is the large/GM size and I'm 5"-5"/165cm. I was also really pleased to discover the cord length felt just right, as the cord itself is so pretty.

I hope you can locate one, especially as you so kindly shared the info about them here! They're all so beautiful, hard to go wrong with any of the offered designs. I'm feeling a bit greedy as I'd also love to find a PM Zebra with darker coloration!

Reactions: c18027
The Animaux Camoufles pendants come with a beautiful Barenia cord, but it's not adjustable. As I'd like to be able to wear it shorter, as well, and thought a white cord would complement it, I made one out of satin cord. Pleased now to be able to wear it several different ways. :smile:

View attachment 5186019

View attachment 5186020
I love it with the white satin cord! It's beautiful and gives the pendant an airy feel. It also speaks to the fact that our pendants are far more versatile with a little creativity and DIY.

The Casaque pendants - this is the large version. They are incredibly chic in real life...and with the new style leather cord. In Black/Gold this time. They come in small as well.
1643830609647.png

They also had the gold leaf in vertical:
1643830738753.png

But this was sold out, so I got the horizontal above. Either way, these are just so elegant. And I think they would work so well with gold earrings. Can't wait to wear mine out.

The Casaque pendants - this is the large version. They are incredibly chic in real life...and with the new style leather cord. In Black/Gold this time. They come in small as well.
View attachment 5315271

They also had the gold leaf in vertical:
View attachment 5315272

But this was sold out, so I got the horizontal above. Either way, these are just so elegant. And I think they would work so well with gold earrings. Can't wait to wear mine out.
This is gorgeous. I think I need one.

Reactions: julian.f