Ode to the Horn.........

It's been quiet here for a while. I've not been in love with a lot of recent horn pieces that Hermes has produced, but these Animaux Camoufles may just change my mind. I think I need the zebra one in my life:

View attachment 5106714View attachment 5106715

These are beautiful! :love: Thanks for sharing, I hope these pop up in the US. Description below found on the Hermes Netherlands site. Of course because I'd like one, they are noted as being made in limited quantities! :rolleyes:

"The Story: Available in limited quantities, the Haute Fantaisie capsule collections pay tribute to the expertise of Hermès in a timeless, sophisticated and precious style. Excellent craftsmanship combined with exceptional materials gives rise to sophisticated creations. Engraved on the front and lacquered on the back, the Lift pendant is reinvented for an exclusive capsule. Inspired by the "Animaux camouflés" drawing by Jan Bajtlik, zebras, koala bears, parrots and other exotic animals come to life on the horn through an innovative engraving technique".

@julian.f, wow, all are beautiful! I tend to favor the GM size, but would take any of these! I thought the description was interesting, "engraved on the front and lacquered on the back". Usually the front of the Lift pendants are lacquered. Makes me wonder what these look like on the opposite side. Plus they seem to have Barenia cords? :loveeyes:

Reactions: c18027
@julian.f, wow, all are beautiful! I tend to favor the GM size, but would take any of these! I thought the description was interesting, "engraved on the front and lacquered on the back". Usually the front of the Lift pendants are lacquered. Makes me wonder what these look like on the opposite side. Plus they seem to have Barenia cords? :loveeyes:
I have a feeling they are lacquered white on the back side in order to create the beautiful imagery we see, so the engraving is visible. Because usually, H engraves "Hermes" or Made in Vietnam into the horn but it's not visible so I would think maybe this is what makes the image so special. Regardless, indeed, I would take any of them. Right now Zebra and Parrot are online in NL (where I am located) however I've reached out to my SM to see if he could source Chameleon or Leopard, which would be my top choices. I really wish I knew about them earlier because I missed them online...and indeed the Barenia cord makes them special. Fingers crossed you're also able to get your hands on one (or more!). If I do get one, I'll be sure to post! They really are something :loveeyes:.

I have a feeling they are lacquered white on the back side in order to create the beautiful imagery we see, so the engraving is visible. Because usually, H engraves "Hermes" or Made in Vietnam into the horn but it's not visible so I would think maybe this is what makes the image so special. Regardless, indeed, I would take any of them. Right now Zebra and Parrot are online in NL (where I am located) however I've reached out to my SM to see if he could source Chameleon or Leopard, which would be my top choices. I really wish I knew about them earlier because I missed them online...and indeed the Barenia cord makes them special. Fingers crossed you're also able to get your hands on one (or more!). If I do get one, I'll be sure to post! They really are something :loveeyes:.

Thanks so much! :flowers: These may prompt a message to my SA. I hope you find one of your favored ones! Like you, other recent horn pieces haven't been exciting to me, so I haven't looked at the horn pieces online for quite a while. So, not sure if they've come and gone here, or are yet to come. I look forward to seeing which one finds a home with you!

Last edited:
Here are my limited edition Haute Fantaisie horn Lift pendants. I love the variation in color between the small size and the large size that I received! The backs are solid, bright white lacquer. Although the item description says ”engraved,” the front design looks and feels like applied lacquer.

View attachment 5116787

Thanks so much for sharing, c18027, beautiful! :flowers: I love that the reverse is all white, could be fun to wear that way, too. Interesting regarding the engraving, so no apparent texture on the front? Also wondering, is the cord length adjustable? That's one of the things I love about the original Lift pendant. Hoping mine will arrive soon!

• Love
Here are my limited edition Haute Fantaisie horn Lift pendants. I love the variation in color between the small size and the large size that I received! The backs are solid, bright white lacquer. Although the item description says ”engraved,” the front design looks and feels like applied lacquer.

View attachment 5116787
Oh these are really fantastic IRL; thanks so much for sharing! I'm trying to get my hands on the Chameleon and/or Leopard. Parrot was available on line but I waited too long with the hope of Chameleon. Seeing these confirms that I need at least one in my life, they are gorgeous. Fingers crossed my SA manages to get them in.

• Love
In comparison to my original Lift pendant @etoile de mer, the large sizes are exactly the same. The new leather cord is not adjustable, and it lacks the sliding knots that are found on the waxed cotton cord of the original version. The limited edition version has a tube bead engraved with - HERMÈS - and a square hallmark. The bead doesn't slide or open in any way. The animal design is neither carved nor raised. The finish of the front design feels matte, perhaps engraved and then sanded down to expose the white lacquer underneath. The sides of the pendant are the same white lacquer used on the back. Overall, a very unique piece and worth adding to your collection!

• Love
Reactions: etoile de mer