Ode to the Evelyne

There is a new style, Evelyne Sellier, and that comes in limited colors (I've only seen noir, bleu electrique and rouge H), two sizes, 29 and 33 and two leather options (Epsom and Vache Hunter). Interestingly (i suspected this is because they're is a lot stiffer) the Sellier version looks bigger than their regular counterpart. As @rainneday said, it's a different vibe.

I've also seen the Sellier version in Barania or Gold. I can't remember which one it was.

Reactions: rainnebeauxday
@Ang-Lin - Yes, I saw it in the local boutique! But it was a while ago. So I have no idea if they still have it. If I recall it was already reserved for a client, but my SA wanted to show me the color anyways. Also not 100% it was Barania, but it was pretty close to it....

Reactions: A-Line
I’ve decided I’d like to get a gold or graphite Evelyne (whichever comes in stock first at my local Hermes)... I’m just not sure about size. I have a 4 year old and I’m pregnant, so judging which size to get while I’m at the store trying both is tricky since my belly throws it off. I’m 5’ tall and because I’m normally petite, I feel like the PM would suit me better. However, I’m a mom of one, soon to be mom of two, so I feel like maybe having more space would be the way to go. Any input would be appreciated, especially from the moms out there.

As an aside, I know the colors I’m between are of the most popular. Are they hard to come across? I didn’t bother to ask earlier at the store, I just know they didn’t have any in stock today in those colors. TIA!

EDIT- I’m doing my research and I see it also comes in MM??? :amazed:

I'm 4'11-5 as well and the 33/GM swallows me. I have a Clemence evelyne 29 and a hunter leather sellier in 29. I find it to be the perfect size for my frame. There's a gold 33 on the USA site as I type this. Maybe you can order to try it on and return if you don't like it since the website offers free shipping/free return. Hope that helps.

Reactions: A-Line
I'm 4'11-5 as well and the 33/GM swallows me. I have a Clemence evelyne 29 and a hunter leather sellier in 29. I find it to be the perfect size for my frame. There's a gold 33 on the USA site as I type this. Maybe you can order to try it on and return if you don't like it since the website offers free shipping/free return. Hope that helps.

Thanks!! Yes I saw that. I actually live a few mins from a Hermes so I popped in the other day to check out the sizes. I’m definitely leaning toward the 29, it’s just hard to get an idea of what each of the sizes will look like without a pregnant belly. My gut is saying to go for the 29 because I think it’ll be more comfortable for wearing for long stretches of time, which is my plan.

Thanks!! Yes I saw that. I actually live a few mins from a Hermes so I popped in the other day to check out the sizes. I’m definitely leaning toward the 29, it’s just hard to get an idea of what each of the sizes will look like without a pregnant belly. My gut is saying to go for the 29 because I think it’ll be more comfortable for wearing for long stretches of time, which is my plan.
I am 5'2" and have both sizes, PM and GM. I started with the GM, which is great and so roomy but got really heavy! Its a relief to have the PM, which still holds a lot and is less "in the way". Good luck with the baby and with your choice!