Ode to the bolide

I don’t “have to” but it would be financially responsible to [emoji6].... I agree they are both fabulous, today they stay with me, I haven’t used the black one yet, I thought it might be a little small for my daily use. It’s way classy and gorgeous tho. Clemence outside and swift inside... yummy!!

That would make it as heavy as a ton of bricks, are you sure it's Swift inside?

I'm sure none of us want to make it hard for you to be financially prudent. If you can poss. keep both the it makes more sense to have both now before another price increase and then ow you can't live without the other.

Like quite a few here I have 2 sizes. All the other ladies (and gents) must be very good at minimising to have 27 and minis. Once I have a pouch, keys, phone, gloves, folding umbrella (or sunnies and a fan) and scarf in my 35 there's not that much room. For work a need a 45. Bolides are wedge shaped so everything stays organised at the base, and the design doesn't looked good stuffed further up (but your Clemence can take it better than my leathers). Personally, I could't live without a 35.

Reactions: DutchGirl007
View attachment 3697293little cutie, Bolide 27 rose azalee in swift[emoji178] Difficult to capture the real colour with pic.

@nana9026 may I please know the age of the B 27 Rose Azalea in Swift you are sharing in this photo? I am considering a Swift Bolide (one size up) and I'd like to know whether yours had this shape when it was new or whether she acquired this shape as you used her.

@nana9026 may I please know the age of the B 27 Rose Azalea in Swift you are sharing in this photo? I am considering a Swift Bolide (one size up) and I'd like to know whether yours had this shape when it was new or whether she acquired this shape as you used her.

I got it in 2017, the pic was taken before first use. Swift is soft to be frank not holding up much shape though it’s buttery. I got a black one in 31 Clemence which is a bit better. If you prefer a structured bag, you may consider Epsom.

Reactions: stillfabulous
I got it in 2017, the pic was taken before first use. Swift is soft to be frank not holding up much shape though it’s buttery. I got a black one in 31 Clemence which is a bit better. If you prefer a structured bag, you may consider Epsom.

@Nana94490, thank you for sharing your experience with Bolide 27 in Swift. Yours shows quite a bit of slouch before use. I thought perhaps if I reinforced the bag with MaiTai's bag organizer designed for Bolide, it might prevent the slouch. I think I need to forget about that Swift Bolide in a gorgeous color and realize that I am not a good match for Swift. I have two SLGs in Swift and the leather is dreamy. I have concluded that Swift is so buttery that she will slouch no matter which bag organizer I select.

My SA texted me a photo of an Epsom 1923 today in a color I gave him to source. Sadly, it is a limited edition design, and the color of the detail in the handles is not an accent color that works for me. So I had to pass. I agree Epsom retains structure, but I was hoping for a different leather that could provide the rigid quality I prefer. I have a K32 in Epsom and I would much prefer a leather like Box for my next bag. Alas, Hermes is making few bags in Box these days.

Hello ladies and gents.
I was hoping if you can give me some advice please.
Bolide 31 red (vif or rc) with ghw is my dream bag and I have decided to finally get it in 2019.
I prefer structure (teeny bit slouch is ok) , and I love veining, wrinkles, natural leather.
So no clemence or epsom.
Does such a bag exist? Or am I confined to vintage bags due to my preferences?
Would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks in advance! [emoji4][emoji253]
p.s. I have tried on a clemence 31 in store but can’t get over the fact that it will sag over time. I love to wear bags as they are and at the moment, not planning to use a bag insert.
Thanks again![emoji8]

Hello ladies and gents.
I was hoping if you can give me some advice please.
Bolide 31 red (vif or rc) with ghw is my dream bag and I have decided to finally get it in 2019.
I prefer structure (teeny bit slouch is ok) , and I love veining, wrinkles, natural leather.
So no clemence or epsom.
Does such a bag exist? Or am I confined to vintage bags due to my preferences?
Would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks in advance! [emoji4][emoji253]
p.s. I have tried on a clemence 31 in store but can’t get over the fact that it will sag over time. I love to wear bags as they are and at the moment, not planning to use a bag insert.
Thanks again![emoji8]

I think the leather option available for the colors you're looking for with structure is only Epsom.

I think the leather option available for the colors you're looking for with structure is only Epsom.

Thanks for your reply. [emoji3]
That’s what I was thinking. If I want structure, then it’s epsom. If I want the scrumptious leather, clemence it is.
Can’t have both unfortunately
Maybe I will take a look at vintage bags or just wait for H to make the combo that I prefer.

Thanks for your reply. [emoji3]
That’s what I was thinking. If I want structure, then it’s epsom. If I want the scrumptious leather, clemence it is.
Can’t have both unfortunately
Maybe I will take a look at vintage bags or just wait for H to make the combo that I prefer.
If you are open to the 1923 style Bolide, the Novillo leather its a nice in-between to structure and softness.

Reactions: papertiger and Ljlj
Just want to show how the Samorga insert is like inside the Bolide 31. It fits nicely and stops just below the stitch line and have not made an indentations to the leather. I'm very happy with how it turns out except that I've to let the bag go sadly as something even more special was offered to me this week. Santa heard my call !!

Attachments

• IMG_2078.jpg
    IMG_2078.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,009