Ode to Silver

A long hunting is over... :smile:
Does anybody know why this is called "24"?

View attachment 4545052

View attachment 4545045
Typically the “24” in item names, when not referring to the size (ie Constance 24), is a reference to the Hermes Worldwide flagship store, 24 Rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré in Paris. There are also several pieces which have mosaic gridwork and/or stripes reminiscent of the decorative tile flooring which originated at the above store location and now resides in most other Hermès stores. In the case of these earrings, there is a nearly identical version except that they are smooth rather than striped. The 24 is likely just to be able to notify a difference. That’s my guess anyway. Would love to hear if someone has other information.

Am looking into the large CDC silver bracelet, but am afraid of tarnishing. What are your experiences with tarnishing or upkeep of H silver jewelry? I did a search but didn't come up with anything on this topic.

This is the bracelet:
https://www.hermes.com/us/en/product/collier-de-chien-bracelet-H106515Bv00LG/
Generally H silver is high quality and most owners find it tarnishes less easily compared to many other brands. I have some silver including this CDC and it is fine. How fast it tarnishes depends on the humidity and conditions specific to where you live and how often you wear it. It can always be polished, with silver cloth, at home or by your SA. HTH!

Am looking into the large CDC silver bracelet, but am afraid of tarnishing. What are your experiences with tarnishing or upkeep of H silver jewelry? I did a search but didn't come up with anything on this topic.

This is the bracelet:
https://www.hermes.com/us/en/product/collier-de-chien-bracelet-H106515Bv00LG/
I once inquired with my SA about the thinner silver CDC and expressed the same concern. She said it might tarnish a little bit but that I could bring it to the store whenever I wanted and they would clean it.

Generally H silver is high quality and most owners find it tarnishes less easily compared to many other brands. I have some silver including this CDC and it is fine. How fast it tarnishes depends on the humidity and conditions specific to where you live and how often you wear it. It can always be polished, with silver cloth, at home or by your SA. HTH!

I once inquired with my SA about the thinner silver CDC and expressed the same concern. She said it might tarnish a little bit but that I could bring it to the store whenever I wanted and they would clean it.

Thanks! I've noticed that Tiffany silver generally doesn't tarnish much either compared to lower quality silver but that it does take polishing to keep up the original mirror brightness.

Thanks! I've noticed that Tiffany silver generally doesn't tarnish much either compared to lower quality silver but that it does take polishing to keep up the original mirror brightness.
Well, my Tiffany necklace tarnished very quickly - I have worn it maybe 5 times in 5 years. Tomorrow I want to bring it to the boutique for cleaning. With cloth I haven’t achieved good results. Even Cartier cleaning kit was not much help

Sorry! I just wonder if Hermès silver is better quality than Tiffany (I want to purchase small CDC tomorrow!)
It definitely is. My H silver didn’t tarnish even after months of not wearing (I find the worst tarnishing happens when it’s in storage). I never had to polish it!
My Tiffany on the other hand turned down right black with tarnish.