Ode to Silver

It might be too visible but it's possible a fine (narrow) safety chain put on by a jeweler might work. But if your silicone tie works it sounds good.

I am always fretting about safety chains on cuffs (which is not a conventional place to wear them) and bracelets so your post resonated with me.

I do hate (the look of) safety chains with a surprising passion :biggrin: I think in most cases it ruins the style of the piece of jewel. Otherwise it could look lovely on certain pieces.
When my bracelet is here* I will try out and post some pics if it a practicable and ok-looking solution.

*am I the only one who looks out of the window to spot the postman just the same moment I clicked ob "buy"? :biggrin:

Reactions: crisbac
It's probably the silver content and it's probably also signed Hermes. There may also be a country symbol to indicate it was manufactured in France. If you bop into a jewelry store they can use a loupe (a jeweler's magnifying glass) to tell you what it says. And, they can give you the loupe to see for yourself. (Looking at ring gemstones through a loupe is really trippy. You should ask to do that, too. That allows you to look inside the gemstone. .
Thank you, @eagle1002us :flowers:
I'll borrow a loupe from a jeweller and try to read that stamp. Gosh, so curious!!

Reactions: eagle1002us
How to secure a toggle...

@eagle1002us @jyyanks ...and everybody with "toggle-angst" :biggrin:

Finally I tried it! It works pretty good! Yay!
People can only see it if they know.
IMG_20190912_181737.jpg IMG_20190912_175411 - Kopie.jpg IMG_20190912_175430.jpg IMG_20190912_175411.jpg

I just put the elastic through the big eyelet near the toggle. The elastic should look up/ away from the arm.
IMG_20190912_180002.jpg

The elastic should be under the ring and the loop of the elastic should go around it and then (by stretching) over the toggle. That's all.
IMG_20190912_180256.jpg IMG_20190912_180441.jpg IMG_20190912_180510.jpg

Sorry, my nails look so bad...

Last edited:
How to secure a toggle...

@eagle1002us @jyyanks ...and everybody with "toggle-angst" :biggrin:

Finally I tried it! It works pretty good! Yay!
People can only see it if they know.
View attachment 4539208 View attachment 4539209 View attachment 4539210 View attachment 4539211

I just put the elastic through the big eyelet near the toggle. The elastic should look up/ away from the arm.
View attachment 4539212

The elastic should be under the ring and the loop of the elastic should go around it and then (by stretching) over the toggle. That's all.
View attachment 4539220 View attachment 4539221 View attachment 4539222

Sorry, my nails look so bad...

Very clever! :tup::tup: Thanks for the instructions. :flowers:

Reactions: crisbac
I got a pair of the silver Chaine D'Ancre stud earrings and when I took them out last night my ear holes started bleeding!

I cleaned them with alcohol and they were a little painful to put in this morning but we'll see what happens when I take them out tonight.

Has anyone had this happen to them?

I got a pair of the silver Chaine D'Ancre stud earrings and when I took them out last night my ear holes started bleeding!

I cleaned them with alcohol and they were a little painful to put in this morning but we'll see what happens when I take them out tonight.

I don't own any H earrings but have been eyeing a pair of studs and reading some of the posts here. Within the last month or two someone mentioned being allergic to H silver but no to silver from other brands, I can't find the post now. If you have sensitive skin maybe whatever is giving the other member am allergic reaction is also causing your bleeding. Those studs just went down a few notches on my wishlist.

I don't own any H earrings but have been eyeing a pair of studs and reading some of the posts here. Within the last month or two someone mentioned being allergic to H silver but no to silver from other brands, I can't find the post now. If you have sensitive skin maybe whatever is giving the other member am allergic reaction is also causing your bleeding. Those studs just went down a few notches on my wishlist.

They were a little painful to put in but okay today - maybe it’s because I haven’t worn earrings for a while? Tiffany silver uses white gold for their posts so that’s maybe why other people weren’t allergic? They’re very cute though. Will give it a couple of days and see :smile:

Reactions: Joeli7
They were a little painful to put in but okay today - maybe it’s because I haven’t worn earrings for a while? Tiffany silver uses white gold for their posts so that’s maybe why other people weren’t allergic? They’re very cute though. Will give it a couple of days and see :smile:
Please post an update, I guess if you had to push that might contribute to the issue. Most of my earrings are 18k gold, I have a silver pair made by an artisan in my hometown and never had any issues with those so I hope H will be fine for me.

I had the same problem too but I suspect it was because the "stem" of the earrings was too short... I have quite thick lobes. coupled with the need to push the backing to lock it into place (and the backing was quite thick as well), it was quite painful to wear them.

Reactions: frou frou
Please post an update, I guess if you had to push that might contribute to the issue. Most of my earrings are 18k gold, I have a silver pair made by an artisan in my hometown and never had any issues with those so I hope H will be fine for me.

It’s been a couple of days and they’re okay! I forgot about them last night and slept in them and they weren’t painful at all. Must be my ears and not wearing earrings everyday! Recommend!

Aa
I cleaned them with alcohol and they were a little painful to put in this morning but we'll see what happens when I take them out

Yes, I always find my ears are sore and may bleed v slightly when I take out mine, I do have very sensitive skin on my ears though .
However, I have the Loop earrings and numerous Georg Jensen 925 silver earrings which do not hurt my ears at all.
Mine are the smallest Chaîne d’Ancre studs and horribly fiddly to put in with those nightmare, though secure, backs.
I do love them enough to cope with all the negatives ; they’re tiny but quite impactful.
As my grandmother used to say: Pride must Abide.

I had the same problem too but I suspect it was because the "stem" of the earrings was too short... I have quite thick lobes. coupled with the need to push the backing to lock it into place (and the backing was quite thick as well), it was quite painful to wear them.

Yes I’ve thick lobes too, so that short stem is the reason they hurt ; QED !