Ode to Opli

Omg. I simply went in to browse and look at scarves and was debating on buying the new orange shopping bag charm and I made a quick comment to my SA how I really like the look of the opli handbag. She quickly said to me to wait right there and walked back out with this same exact bag. I fell in love immediately. The red leather is so beautiful and the bag is so comfortable and easy to use. I don't know why it is not as popular as some of the other Hermes lines. And to top it off I was finally asked what kind of B/K would I want!
Congrats on your new Opli and the offer of the B/K!
Mine was an unplanned impulse purchase too :lol:

Reactions: Etriers and 880
So I use my Opli 28 a lot, much more than I thought I would! I do not own a Lindy (though am familiar with it in store) so I cannot make a direct comparison. I definitely do not consider the Opli to be a roomy bag at all. It easily fits a slim wallet, single car key, glasses case and iphone. Anything not flat and rectangular will fit but will distort the shape of the bag. I think with time each bag will become skewed as above, especially if carried on same side all the time. View attachment 4587558 View attachment 4587560 View attachment 4587561

This is pretty much what I carry...last pic shows attachment of strap, it is not detachable. Next to it is a little Louis Vuitton cosmetic case I usually carry but will not fit into this bag.

Overall I absolutely love this bag, though it's definitely not what I'd consider a "workhorse" at all. For that I have totes, etc. HTH!

Edit: there is no way this bag will fit snacks and kid items as well. Sorry
Thank you! This is SO helpful!!! I really appreciate it!!! Looks like it'd carry enough for me, I'm paring down the kiddo stuff these days but good to know it's not a workhorse. What is your workhorse?

Would you mind sharing - do you find the flap stays flat on the bag or sorta "wings up" at the edges?

Thank you! This is SO helpful!!! I really appreciate it!!! Looks like it'd carry enough for me, I'm paring down the kiddo stuff these days but good to know it's not a workhorse. What is your workhorse?

Would you mind sharing - do you find the flap stays flat on the bag or sorta "wings up" at the edges?

It has stayed flat so far, but keep in mind that I've only had it since August and I don't carry (any) bag very often (I switch them out daily.) My daily work bag is a tote of some kind (Goyard, Chanel, Dior, The Row). Like many here, I have many many bags and I switch them every day so that none really get a lot of wear.