Ode to Chevre

Hi can any Chevre expert please help me? I have a K25 Raisin Chevre and it has been a year I have this bag, always use with great care and i use it occasionally. There is a mark at the bottom, when I first had the bag brand new there isn’t such a mark. Can anyone please enlighten me, if this is scratch/no scratch?

And if in the near future I send it in for Hermes Spa can they buff/fix this please?

View attachment 5511113
Pic 1: taken last night with flash

View attachment 5511114
Pic 2: taken this morning under natural light

View attachment 5511115
Pic 3: when the bag was brand new, taken a yeae ago

Appreciate if any chevre expert can share their thoughts please? This is my first H and its only 1.5 years old.
I think it looks like it is a scratch in the skin... maybe the goat got caught on a fence or a branch which left a scar... the craft person saw it and used that piece on the bottom.. ‍♀️

Reactions: purple.belle
Wow! Is Rose Sakura chèvre in production now?! Or did you ask for no horseshoe?
This is a 2016 stamp X - I was able to get it from a reputable reseller in unused condition! I also was initially shocked to see a Chevre birkin without the horseshoe too! So I did tons of research (including getting a Bababebi authentication) and apparently H stores will occasionally special order bags in certain sought-after leathers (eg, chevre) and/or colors and hold it in stock to offer to VVIP clients. Since that client didn't pick the leather and finish, there's no horseshoe.

This is a 2016 stamp X - I was able to get it from a reputable reseller in unused condition! I also was initially shocked to see a Chevre birkin without the horseshoe too! So I did tons of research (including getting a Bababebi authentication) and apparently H stores will occasionally special order bags in certain sought-after leathers (eg, chevre) and/or colors and hold it in stock to offer to VVIP clients. Since that client didn't pick the leather and finish, there's no horseshoe.
I have got a K25 in Chevre Raisin Stamp D but only purchased in store Japan in 2021, no horseshoe stamp either, just like yours. When a local personal shopper saw my Chevre K25, she is so surprised to learn that it is not a Special Order. Chevre is truly beautiful and I love the sheen on it and how sturdy it is! Congrats to you, I personally feel Chevre is the most beautiful leather!

Congratulations on your Chevre Raisin K25! How special - I hope you enjoy her for many years. I agree Chevre is beautiful and SO LIGHT! I have a b30 in Epsom and thought that was light but Chevre is even lighter! And like you said, it's sturdy and that slight sheen/glow is lovely :smile:
I have got a K25 in Chevre Raisin Stamp D but only purchased in store Japan in 2021, no horseshoe stamp either, just like yours. When a local personal shopper saw my Chevre K25, she is so surprised to learn that it is not a Special Order. Chevre is truly beautiful and I love the sheen on it and how sturdy it is! Congrats to you, I personally feel Chevre is the most beautiful leather

I have got a K25 in Chevre Raisin Stamp D but only purchased in store Japan in 2021, no horseshoe stamp either, just like yours. When a local personal shopper saw my Chevre K25, she is so surprised to learn that it is not a Special Order. Chevre is truly beautiful and I love the sheen on it and how sturdy it is! Congrats to you, I personally feel Chevre is the most beautiful leather!
Your bag is stunning! I always thought that aside fm Constance and Kelly minis, chèvre was HSS for regular sized k and b. Good to know. Stamp D would be for 2019 I’m guessing?

Reactions: purple.belle
Congratulations on your Chevre Raisin K25! How special - I hope you enjoy her for many years. I agree Chevre is beautiful and SO LIGHT! I have a b30 in Epsom and thought that was light but Chevre is even lighter! And like you said, it's sturdy and that slight sheen/glow is lovely :smile:
Thank you Wow! And I have always thought Epsom is lighter than Chevre! When you have time could you please weight both of your B30 in Epsom and Chevre and let me know their weights? Am interested to know the weight difference!

Reactions: luxbag99
Hello everyone, could you please advise if chevre mysore leather is prone to have the top layer of leather coming off (small scale)?
I bought a mini Constance in excellent condition from a well known reseller and noticed 2 very small white dots on the bag when I received it. Then I was just trying it on for a few minutes indoor and noticed a small piece of leather came off and it looked exactly like the 2 white dots. I was being very careful when trying it. My guess is that it touched my watch band when I tried it cross body.
Is this common for this leather and is it just equivalent to scratches on other leathers? Or Will it get worse and noticeable with normal wear?
Thank you so much for your advices!!!

A91C23B7-1181-4D24-9FDD-B7E5B18F40C9.jpeg

25B5C273-5C6E-4F22-81C8-5E4ECB865DB5.jpeg

49270F60-F76B-407D-A811-D2B0D5736BCA.jpeg

Reactions: keirii