Not-so-enthusiastic Coach sighting in the wild

I wouldn't even bother talking to women here in Bakersfield about Coach. The only bags I ever see are MFF or fakes. You should see Craigslist here, its full of counterfeits and outlet bags. They try to charge $300 for a MFF bag they probably bought for $100.

mrs.blue said:
I would be so thrilled to discuss coach with an real coach enthusiast! We should have some sort of secret TPF key fob.:smile:

That would be cool! I think there was a special TPF keychain some time ago. Or am I imagining this?

I don't really have anyone to talk about Coach with either, but thankfully my friend is starting to get The Itch, thanks to me.

Reactions: Conchenn
That would be cool! I think there was a special TPF keychain some time ago. Or am I imagining this?

I don't really have anyone to talk about Coach with either, but thankfully my friend is starting to get The Itch, thanks to me.

I thought that I heard something about a TPF fob...but maybe that was just wishful thinking on my part. Good luck with your friend...my shopping buddy still says stuff like "Coach is for wealthy people." Sigh.

I wouldn't feel too bad about it, but remember - not everyone is in to purses, and even if they are, they may not want to talk about it.

Sometimes I get approached by people who want to talk bags and I'm embarrassed to talk about something so trivial or I'm preoccupied. Other times I'll have a full on conversation. I usually think a compliment is as far as it needs to go.

She probably didn't know it was a lindsay or what the heck a sophia is!!! It's a bummer, but you do have us to talk to.
I'm in the same boat, no one to talk about bags with in-person. So glad I have you gals (and guys)!!

I would be so thrilled to discuss coach with an real coach enthusiast! We should have some sort of secret TPF key fob.:smile:

I thought that I heard something about a TPF fob...but maybe that was just wishful thinking on my part. Good luck with your friend...my shopping buddy still says stuff like "Coach is for wealthy people." Sigh.

There are TPF charms and fobs available on Etsy at the links below.

Metal charm, personalized by aquabeet:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/5768849...ip_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_search_type=all

Leather purse fobs from the Leatherprince:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/3715586...ip_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_search_type=all

http://www.etsy.com/listing/5327597...ip_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_search_type=all

http://www.etsy.com/listing/2766202...ip_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_search_type=all

katev said:

Omg, so cute! Now all we need is a secret handshake! Lol

My best Coach interaction was at a baby shower. I was sitting on the floor and my shoes were visible. They're black clogs with silver dog leash hardware. She said "awesome shoes! Are they Coach?". And I very excitedly said yes, and then showed how they matched the hardware on my black Carly hobo bag. She was so impressed, especially when I told her I'd had them since forever ago. The other party guests were like "..." you could hear crickets. Lol

SophieChic said:
Yesterday I was at Starbucks waiting for my coffee when I noticed that the woman standing next to me was carrying a black Lindsey! Eeeee! Being a Lindsey and Sophia lover, I quickly (but quietly) said, "I love your Lindsey!".

She glanced down at the bag and said, "oh....uh huh." Hmmm. So much for first impressions.

I tried again, "I just love the Lindsey, but truth be told, I was sad to see the large Sophia pulled off the market....it's still probably my favorite bag. Are you familiar with the Sophia too?" I asked her. " Oh yeah." she said.

Conversation is really flourishing at this time. I can just tell we're gonna be BFFs. One last try...." I just got a new Lindsey in the Aegean.....it is really beautiful and I'm so happy with it!". "Uh huh."

Ok.........time to give up. Maybe she was just having a bad day or something.....ya never know. At any rate, it's interesting, I've met people with foaches who were more enthusiastic about bag chat. Living in kind of a rural area as I do, I've never seen anyone with a Lindsey and only one Sophia.....ever. Here is my possibly first ever kindred sister in person and she turns out to be Debbie Downer. Well never mind her.......I've always got you guys :biggrin:

Oh so glad I'm not the only one it happens to. I see a coach bag and I get all chatty Kathy. Well more than usual :P. I get the same responses. Might as well carry a zip lock freezer bag for your junk if you can't get happy with your bag.

Lol, I complimented a lady on her beautiful silver Maggie. She looked at me funny, looked at her purse and said "Oh, thanks". My friend that was with me promptly pointed out that I required serious therapy. :sad: