Not-so-enthusiastic Coach sighting in the wild

SophieChic

O.G.
Oct 6, 2011
Yesterday I was at Starbucks waiting for my coffee when I noticed that the woman standing next to me was carrying a black Lindsey! Eeeee! Being a Lindsey and Sophia lover, I quickly (but quietly) said, "I love your Lindsey!".

She glanced down at the bag and said, "oh....uh huh." Hmmm. So much for first impressions.

I tried again, "I just love the Lindsey, but truth be told, I was sad to see the large Sophia pulled off the market....it's still probably my favorite bag. Are you familiar with the Sophia too?" I asked her. " Oh yeah." she said.

Conversation is really flourishing at this time. I can just tell we're gonna be BFFs. One last try...." I just got a new Lindsey in the Aegean.....it is really beautiful and I'm so happy with it!". "Uh huh."

Ok.........time to give up. Maybe she was just having a bad day or something.....ya never know. At any rate, it's interesting, I've met people with foaches who were more enthusiastic about bag chat. Living in kind of a rural area as I do, I've never seen anyone with a Lindsey and only one Sophia.....ever. Here is my possibly first ever kindred sister in person and she turns out to be Debbie Downer. Well never mind her.......I've always got you guys :biggrin:

I know what you mean. Last month I was in a very expensive store in my area and one of the customers who was shopping had a Patent Plum Lindsey slung over her arm, shyly I approached her and said; Um I Love Your Bag. This very well put together women smiled and excitedly told me how her husband bought it for her and that she wasn’t sure about the Plum Patent but that she had gotten so much compliments that she went and purchased a few other Lindsey’s and Sophie’s and asked me if I had one....so yup it’s nice to feel a sort of sisterhood with someone who can appreciate the same things you do.:ghi5:

SophieChic said:
Yesterday I was at Starbucks waiting for my coffee when I noticed that the woman standing next to me was carrying a black Lindsey! Eeeee! Being a Lindsey and Sophia lover, I quickly (but quietly) said, "I love your Lindsey!".

She glanced down at the bag and said, "oh....uh huh." Hmmm. So much for first impressions.

I tried again, "I just love the Lindsey, but truth be told, I was sad to see the large Sophia pulled off the market....it's still probably my favorite bag. Are you familiar with the Sophia too?" I asked her. " Oh yeah." she said.

Conversation is really flourishing at this time. I can just tell we're gonna be BFFs. One last try...." I just got a new Lindsey in the Aegean.....it is really beautiful and I'm so happy with it!". "Uh huh."

Ok.........time to give up. Maybe she was just having a bad day or something.....ya never know. At any rate, it's interesting, I've met people with foaches who were more enthusiastic about bag chat. Living in kind of a rural area as I do, I've never seen anyone with a Lindsey and only one Sophia.....ever. Here is my possibly first ever kindred sister in person and she turns out to be Debbie Downer. Well never mind her.......I've always got you guys :biggrin:

Bummer. I often try to engage Coach carriers if it seems a situation where I won't be taken for a lunatic. You can never tell who wants to talk tho. I met a lady about my age sporting a Lindsey and she was pretty much the same as your gal.

On the other hand I met a lil ole lady with an MFF tote at a dress shop yesterday and she turned right chatty! Told me all about her visit to an outlet in Las Vegas , bless her heart. Kindred souls.

Aw! Trust me I wish I had someone here to hold a decent convo on bags....people here ask "what does MK stand for"? I'm like wOah....NO!.....that and they think I spend way too much in my bags. Oh well forget her rudeness some people can be such a sour puss :smile:

That's so sad. i hardly ever see the nice leather ones carried around here. Just MFF stuff. And nobody knows what they have. I too had a conversation kinda like that. The lady had an older style willis and I complemented her on it. She looked confused for a moment and then looked at her purse. I proceeded to show her how to tell how old it was and what style in was by opening the inside. Before I could do that she had started to look for the style number on the hangtag! So, she carried a bag for many years (she said) and she had no idea it was even a coach bag. Sigh.

I bet she didn't know she was carrying a Lindsey. When I visited my nieces, they were amazed that I knew the style names. Maybe she didn't even know you were talking about purses, LOL.

The other day I was at the doctor and I saw this lady in the waiting room carrying a woven grey BS, I told her "I love your Kristin", she said "my what?!" , so I explained her that it was the style of her bag. Luckily that day I had a Laila on so I explained her how to identify a Kristin bag and that it was being discontinued. She was very happy to learn because she said she loved the bag because it looked a lot different than the plain MFF outlets carry. I gave her a short explanation about deletes and she was like "That's why they stand out". I'm pretty sure she will look at the outlets in a very different angle now, and I was glad I could teach her something.

Sounds like her knowledge of Coach is not the same as ours.;)

I was at at FP Coach store a while back and I was carrying one of my favourite bags, my coveted Large Black Leather Sophia...and the SA said nice Lindsay!! And I politely said AAhhhem...its a large Sophia...:smile:

I agree she had no idea that her bag was a lindsey or that it came in colors such as aegean.

Sometimes even the SAs don't know the names of the bags. One time at Macy's I asked to see the kristin bag and the SA said in a shocked voice "Miss, all these bags are Coach bags!"

And once at the outlet, the SA was calling the Ginger bags Devins and I had to show her the difference between the 2 styles.

Another time at the outlet I was standing in the checkout line near a woman with a whiskey legacy ali over her shoulder. There were a lot of beautiful FP deletes in the store but without a doubt her bag was the most gorgeous bag in the place.

I complimented her on the bag and she just shrugged and said that her husband had bought it for her. She didn't seem impressed but then I understood why when I looked at the items she was buying - a mundane MFF khaki/brown signature bag and some other MFF items. Clearly her husband has the best taste in the family!

But all is not in vain! Recently I was in the deli and noticed a girl carrying a new glove-tanned, british tan stewardess bag. I said "I love your bag!" and she smiled and said "the stewardess is my favorite style, it's so classic!" :biggrin: