not happy with my newly arrived apple green classique

The pics you have shown are where the edge glue has either worn showing the raw cut leather or was not thick enough to begin with. This edge glue has been a bit of an issue for me with Bbags.:s

I'm sure you will be able to work this out with the seller...:yes:

yeah... we are working things out.
i am jsut upset because i am so.... looking forward for this bag. :sad:
i guess the search continues......

me_love_purse - i totally understand where you are coming from... trying to find your dream bag can be touch and go at times... From what i can see from your pics - these aren't too bad - BUT if they bother you a lot then totally ask the seller y they didnt say anything in their listing... GOOD LUCK!!!

Just because the bag bag looks ok does not give the seller the right not to disclose flaws that effect the bag. If you are paying hundreds of dollars sight unseen then they need to be extra careful to disclose those things. I see so many good sellers do just that. There is no reason that every seller can not take the time to do the same thing. What is a small flaw to some can look like the grand canyon to others.

Wow...well, maybe the pics aren't showing it, but the handles look absolutely pristine except that one little split ... and it's so hard to find older bags without darkened handles. My Black City has way more splits on the handles (which I apparently caused, since the handles were pristine when I bought it last summer). I'm hoping to get them repaired (which I'm sure would be easier with black than apple green).

like i have said earlier, everything looks okay beside the peeled leather and unglued leather. i understand that some of you might think that this is okay for older bags.... but these are not scuffings that can sorta go away if you put enough moisturizer. these are peeling and unglued leather. i actually have to get it professionally fixed.

Hmmm, I think it looks better than some of the bags I've seen in stores. I don't think many people would have noticed the split unless they really were searching for something.

If I saw a bag that price in a store with a split like that I would want a discount. I am pretty sure that the white behind the split shows up really well since the green is so bright.

I have to agree with many others, I think the bag looks really good: good color, and clean, especially the handles--doesn't look like it's been used much at all.
Those edges can be re-sealed, and it's not a big deal. But if the problems really grate on you, then nothing to do but return it, I guess.
Hope you can work things out!:flowers:

i've heard several times from several buyers that lvlady seems to not accurately write the condition of her bags. I remember reading about it just last week that a PFer received a bag from lvlady, however it was really worn in..can't remember who it is though.

Anyways can't wait to see the pics!

I bought a bag that she described as being in "very good" condition that I thought looked more like "fair" to "good," but it turned out that she knew what she was talking about;)

I corn-starched the handles, cleaned it & treated it with apple guard & it really is a nice bag, I posted a picture of it in the corn starch thread.

looks fine to me. the leather spilts where it has raw edges w/ the plastic covering. it happens with bbags- they aren't tucked and sewn inside so those raw edges become more pronounced as you use them.

the bag looks to be in mint/excellent condition to me.

I think it looks great. I willing to forgive flaws in an older bag. I would repair it. Much like land, they aren't making anymore. :smile:

However, if it wasn't disclosed, you are right to return it.