Not An "Everyday" Bag...

All these troika bags are making me want one even more. They are just beautiful. Still, balding is my biggest concern about Troika.

My contribution for this thread is the Dalmatian. I think the skin gets the rubbing easily and can't be fixed once the dalmatian "dots" are gone.

Is the Jaipur collection the one that has peacock feather all over the front panel?

The Jaipur collection comes with 1 kelly 25cm with Lemaire feathers, 1 kelly cut (wool with embroidery and sequins), and 2 Paris bombay 27 in different patterns (dobis calf skin with embroidery and sequins embellishment). Considering that there are only 24 sets made, if I am lucky enough to have my hands on them, I would not use them as an everyday bag :P
:ty:FashionistaO:flowers:Good to "see" you!!!:heart:

Also from what I remember the Jaipur limitd edition purses are not everyday bags. I think the collection was a Kelly, Kelly Cut, Paris Bombay and...:shrugs:now I can't remember the last one!!:wonderingSorry:shame:

All these troika bags are making me want one even more. They are just beautiful. Still, balding is my biggest concern about Troika.

My contribution for this thread is the Dalmatian. I think the skin gets the rubbing easily and can't be fixed once the dalmatian "dots" are gone.

Is the Jaipur collection the one that has peacock feather all over the front panel?

That reminds me of the pics of a stunning Dalmatian Birkin, which had some corner scuff marks. The marks were so tiny, but at all the corners -- just showed how hard to keep it intact. :Push:

The Jaipur collection comes with 1 kelly 25cm with Lemaire feathers, 1 kelly cut (wool with embroidery and sequins), and 2 Paris bombay 27 in different patterns (dobis calf skin with embroidery and sequins embellishment). Considering that there are only 24 sets made, if I am lucky enough to have my hands on them, I would not use them as an everyday bag :P

Oooooooooh... those ones! Somebody showed pics of the FSH window display with them. :love:
They need a special transparent glass case to be carried around, I think...
no, acrylic case would be lighter and safer...:thinking:
And we want the case UV-proof, just in case... and glare-proof. :sweatdrop:

Oh I die. Sounds very lovely. Any picture or action shot?

^^^^
ITA about the Troika and the Jaipur feathered bags. I love my Troika Kelly, but it never sees the light of day. I also have a feathered Kelly Cut, and it truly is too delicate to even carry.

I want to add lizard to the list of not "everyday" bags. Hermes lizard is much more delicate than Bottega's lizard for example. It scratches easily and the scales get out of alignment if it is rubbed against.

The Peacock Feathered bags are sooooo gorgeous!!!:drool:

^^^^
ITA about the Troika and the Jaipur feathered bags. I love my Troika Kelly, but it never sees the light of day. I also have a feathered Kelly Cut, and it truly is too delicate to even carry.

I want to add lizard to the list of not "everyday" bags. Hermes lizard is much more delicate than Bottega's lizard for example. It scratches easily and the scales get out of alignment if it is rubbed against.

I have the SO (BB) Kelly Cut with the feathers on front. I plan to use it for evening but rarely.
It was one of my purchases from the Madison Ave. Hermes special event.

Please post pix, Floppykelly! :flowers: Your bag sounds exquisite!

What about ostrich? I know the handles are prone to darkening (even in the darker colors like chocolate) but what about rain/water? I have heard that Ostrich is pretty water proof but I am afraid of trusting such an expensive bag to hearsay. Has anyone been caught in the rain with ostrich?

What about ostrich? I know the handles are prone to darkening (even in the darker colors like chocolate) but what about rain/water? I have heard that Ostrich is pretty water proof but I am afraid of trusting such an expensive bag to hearsay. Has anyone been caught in the rain with ostrich?
I have worn dark colors of Ostrich in the rain but never light ones. I try to avoid wearing anything but a sturdy leather in bad weather.