Not about how much but HOW MUCH YOU LOVE IT!

suigen

Mar 19, 2009
I'm not saying that everybody should feel this way but for me personally the price of a bag doesn't determine whether I will like it more or less. No matter how strong the marketing is, if I don't like it, I don't like it. No matter if it's an IT bag.

I know what I like, what looks good on me, and what works with my style so I'm not going to pretend a $10000 dollar bag is a better one than a $500 one. If i like a $XXX amount bag and I can afford it, i'll get it. To me, style and comfort comes first.

I think i'm a little peeved when people tell me that I should get something because it's more expensive. I saw a couple of threads of people belittling others for liking a "lesser class" LV bag. That is kind of elitist and certainly not the kind of attitude we need for the current socio-economic situation.

Am I crazy? :nuts:
What are your thoughts on this? :biggrin:

I'm not saying that everybody should feel this way but for me personally the price of a bag doesn't determine whether I will like it more or less. No matter how strong the marketing is, if I don't like it, I don't like it. No matter if it's an IT bag.

Right with you there.

You know what. I love most LV but some things don't suit my style. AND just because it may be an "IT" bag or a more expensive bag does not matter to me. I don't run in those circles and I wouldn't want to. To many people $200.00 is a lot to spend on a bag let alone what we spend. To each their own. I like a lot of the higher end bags but who cares. To me LV is higher end (and others). Period.

I agree! There shouldn't be classes of LV bags based on how much they cost. I will only buy a handbag if I like it. Some "it" bags I wouldn't buy if you paid me (aka the Courtney multicolor/pink).

@sarahguz and @Alex Spoils me, yea... so i'm not crazy. Thanks for speaking up, I think people should think for their own style/ sense. (even if we're being up charged for a luxury item...)

I agree with you. I don't buy a bag simply because of its cost. Nor do I buy it if it is the "it" bag of the moment. I have to love the bag. I buy what I can afford, when I can afford it. I buy bags that are durable and classic--nothing trendy. I tend to think of them as an investment. I keep my bags for years. My priorities are my family responsibilities, not "keeping up with the Jones's."

I'm with you on that. I have seen a few threads almost bashing the Speedy and NF as 'beginner' bags. Granted they are quite popular but at the end of it all, people should love and feel happy about their bags not feel they need to impress others with how much they can spend.

I completely agree. I have to be in love with the bag for it to matter (regardless if it is $50 or $5,000). I think you should love the bag you purchase so much that you can't wait to take it home and wear it immediately. Ah... LoVe!