Not about how much but HOW MUCH YOU LOVE IT!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Fall Sale is now live! Save up to 40% on Nordy's best brands, including bags, shoes, clothes, home, and kids'. Click to shop.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I buy a bag that I love, I can't afford to buy LV's ( or any other designer bag) simply because it is the in thing of the moment.
    So long as it's real and I like it then that's all I worry about.:biggrin:

2. I'm thinking about the same thing "Coach class" comment! I agree totally agree with OP.

3. I totally agree and sorry but a lot of it comes from younger buyers who are not paying: mortgage, carnote, car insurance,cable/internet,home phone,cell phone,house insurance, house taxes, gas electric,water,lawncare/wintercare,house repairs,and if you are like most credit card bills.

To many upwardly mobile people 200 is a lot to spend on 1 handbag.

4. I've noticed quite a few threads out there that refer to the Speedy and NF as "starter" bags or "beginner" bags - reminds me of a starter home- something basic and ugly until you can afford a nicer house:cursing:
    Just because a bag costs $1500 or $2000 doesn't make it more beautiful than an $800 bag. The Speedy is a classic and is probably the most popular LV bag out there!! Trends may come and go but the Speedy is forever....:cloud9:

5. ITA

FWIW, one SA told me that the Speedy & NF are considered 2 of LV's starter bags. I don't think she meant they are any less in quality than the more expensive ones. Just that most people "start" their collection with these bags.

6. i only buy a bag not more than $1100 simply because they're the ones i can afford right now and/or the ones i don't feel too guilty of purchasing. as long as i am happy with what i have and i make use of them as often as i can, i feel i can justify my expense. however, if at one time, i feel i can afford to buy my dream multicolored LV, i would. to each his own.

7. I agree and I own a whole range of bags so it is not about the price of the bag but more based upon my mood and what compliments my wardrobe for the day!

PS: I always think it is crazy to pay for first class-if the plane goes down-we all go down-LOL!

8. i needed one for school and a birkin just doesn't make sense.

9. i totally agree. how much i like a lv bag is completely based on style.

10. HAHAHAHA, SO TRUE.

:shocked: Could you PM me the links?? I'd love to read those threads... just out of curiosity... :P

11. Thanks for contributing to the thread, I think all your opinions have been quite refreshing.