Nordstrom Anniversary Sale

^^^ oh it is LUSH..... SO SO beautiful and i love that it still has the nameplate even if it is a bit different, and the fit over the shoulder ( i am picky about this) is wonderful ...i think that more of the fall bags will have the heavy hardware and embossed leather everyone loves, i saw some preview bags and they are just beautiful, some heavy green embossed leather was just beautiful!

Yvonne, i shed a tear. I am so proud! *sniff sniff*

lol.

Yay you bought all that mac! You got great stuff too!! I love that fresh cut palette! Did you buy from cerritos mac?? I should have told you to see my girl!!!! Her name is adriana! She is the best!!!

P.s.... it's so easy to spend that much there! I spent over (dare i even say it).... $500 on mac when HK came out! :blush:

^ This was at Cerritos of course!!

I'll send you an email in a few...I'm trying to get some work done.

Here's a pic of the burberry tote (from the Deals section):
http://forum.purseblog.com/deals-and-steals/nordstroms-anniversary-sale-470467-10.html#post11587030

I love that it has a zipper top.

And you'd be so proud....I pre-ordered the MAC "Look in a Box" set in sweet tease, the fresh cut shadow palette, a lipstick/gloss set with the pinks,
and good God - foundation, primer, powder, and I can't even remember what else. I think I spent over $200!! I'm a convert! :cloud9:

Thanks for posting pics yvonne! What nordies was this?

I'm glad none of them strike my fancy. lol. I won't be getting any. Wow, i can't believe it. I want that burberry tooo! Have any pics of it yvonne? Email me!

Yes, thanks Yvonne!

lambiepie, I am with you on this. None of these bags thrill me. In fact, none really have for a while. All the leather bags have been kinda lacking in detail.

But I do love that Burberry tote! Oh god, my husband will not be amused if I appear with another bag! LOL

We just got home from my Nords and they only had some stencil print and the black ceylon bags. Neither of them seem to be selling since they had all of the same bags as were there a few weeks ago.

And they had NO new LAMB clothing. Just a few pieces on sale from S09.

I just wanna see the whole selection of bags. Iwasn't in love with anything in the catalog and they wouldn't let me in the presale room for purses, even though I got into the shoes and clothes... I bought the brown leather jacket on page 27 in a presale shop though. Can't wait til it shows up, got shipped yesterday.

^^Let's just not lose faith in L.A.M.B.. I know I can't!! As for the new bags that were posted here- the leather looks very lush, which is good, but more details should be on these bags, like others have said. The color selection looks nice though!!! Was that a Pink that I saw?

I went to go see and feel this new line for the anniv. sale and I was quite disappointed. I do agree that the leather feels nice and soft, but overall... thumbs down. :sad: I had some hope for this line too.

Like others have said, I have a problem with the PVC. Feels way too cheap... like it'll get sticky on hot days or have colors transfer onto the material in such conditions. It clearly looks like vinyl without having to touch it to find out. The zipper also feels cheap and is not as sturdy as what used to be on the original leather collections. The bag styles are uninspiring and boring (same can be said about the nameplate). I did like that gray color though.

What I found interesting is the striped interior lining. Feel the lining closely! It's not the thin lining found in the soft sigs (or newer sigs), but it is NOT the original thicker lining we all loved in years past (which had almost like a woven or jacquard like feel). It's almost an "in-between" quality and material. Not sure I even like that. But at least it makes the bags lighter, I guess. :shrugs: I understand the difficult economic times but it's almost unreal how much L.A.M.B. has cut back. The quality of this line is not very high.

i agree, the leather was soft, and the anniversary pricing was a good price, like $249 i believe, and i was trying to convince myself i liked them, but that pvc was seriously so gross on the bag, it detracted from anything good about it. also, the styles did not scream LAMB, had next to no details, and really reminded me of a generic Target bag, that just for nice leather, not worth it. maybe when no one buys these they will get the hint.

the music line was beyond amazing, and what turned me on to LAMB. if i had just came upon LAMB at this point, i'd probably not even like them. I've been using my peacock fadeout, and when i was at pre-sale, i looked at how nice it was, and then at the new bags, and it was like two totally different brands. so odd how it went so far downhill.

i agree, the leather was soft, and the anniversary pricing was a good price, like $249 i believe, and i was trying to convince myself i liked them, but that pvc was seriously so gross on the bag, it detracted from anything good about it. also, the styles did not scream LAMB, had next to no details, and really reminded me of a generic Target bag, that just for nice leather, not worth it. maybe when no one buys these they will get the hint.

the music line was beyond amazing, and what turned me on to LAMB. if i had just came upon LAMB at this point, i'd probably not even like them. I've been using my peacock fadeout, and when i was at pre-sale, i looked at how nice it was, and then at the new bags, and it was like two totally different brands. so odd how it went so far downhill.

Very nicely said!! I haven't seen any of these new bags irl, yet. But the quality has definitely not just taken a decline, but a complete 90 degree nose-dive splatt to the ground!! "The Horror!!"
I completely agree that though there were some issues w/ the Music line, it was an exceptional line with everything in them that has made L.A.M.B. a statement. I love love love my Rocksteady Mocha very much!! But these latest bags can't even relate, really.
There's only a few bags that came out after the Music line that were still very L.A.M.B.-worthy even with the changes. But now it just isn't looking good at all. I think the Ceylon line was probably the last "wow" line. Maybe, let's hope, they will hear us and bring back some of the old/good quality and the spunk and uniqueness that we all love.

Can someone just forward Schifter all of our thoughts? It really is sad to read all of the disappointment. I :heart: L.A.M.B. but there is NO WAY I would EVER spend $250 on a LEATHER bag that has PVC trim. Thats totally different than coated canvas! Ah!

HI all :smile:

I guess I am a bit different in thinking... i like a lot of the older bags and have some rasta
etc.. BUT I fell in love with the ceylon line. I love the leather and the simplicity of them...after getting some RM and TB and then even more MJ I like the ceylon line for the durable leather ( I seriously USE my bags...too much I think ;) ) and i bought 4 from this line that even through 2 hardcore hip hop/scratch concerts held up SO well! no damage or look that i had it on all night, I love that the ceylon line i got had the messenger style strap that is so sturdy. I think thats what i like most, since I ride my bike, walk every damn place lol I am terribly excited to see some of the new fall and holiday bags coming they look lovely and durable.

crow..i love the ceylon bags too. i think when it started going down hill is the signature bags with the chintzy lining, and the new nordies anniversary bags.

the ceylon are nice leather, and still the old lining.

^^ ahh I see... yes none of the signature stuff stood out for me and i did not like the lining of those either, the ceylon is just beautiful...I did get my messenger style Grey bag today, instead of the hobo... i just use these so much more than any of my other lamb bags... I think because it is SO easy to put some snacks water book, ipod phone and just head out on the town and not have to sling something on my shoulder or forearm..just suits my style more too i think.... :P