Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2017 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ladies, just an fyi of those of you with partial shipments...the app is a little glitchy. I have an order that mostly hasn't shipped (one non-anniversary sale item did). I checked the status this am and it said one anniversary item did and I should have received it days ago (I did not). However when I signed onto the computer, it showed the item as not yet shipped. I checked with live chat and indeed the item has not shipped and is backordered. So right now the most accurate way to check orders is signing into the computer and not the app. Hope that's helpful.

Reactions: Talinder
Nothing that i wanted to restock got restocked but i still ordered at 3am est. Got my simplehuman mirror, living proof shampoo/conditioner PHD duo and also the topshop high rise jamie jeans (i got these last year too and they are my favorite jeans, SO flattering)

Reactions: ssocialitex
I wouldn't call it greedy. It's just good business sense financially. Those with store credit cards tend to be more loyal to that store, spend more, etc. That's why so many companies were pushing you to pick up their credit card for the last 25 years. A perk of being a card holder is shopping the sale before the public. If they just restock everything today then there was actually no benefit which is a slap in the face to the loyal shoppers with cards. I say this as someone who is unable to get everything they want despite waking up in the middle of the night. I'm certainly not thrilled, but I'm not mad at Nordstrom. It makes me appreciate my card a bit more and will encourage us to be more frenzied next year. And that's what they want. Frantic shoppers. The retail landscape has changed so much and stores are struggling to keep pace. As a shareholder, you wouldn't want them to have a lot of overstock if an item wasn't a hit. It's a delicate balance.
Any way I suspect they are going to restock gradually which stinks for those of us who stayed up. I've seen shoppers complain that sales "unfairly" start in the middle of the night. Someone is always going to be disappointed. The fun part about this thread is the community sharing of popbacks. Complete strangers are willing to seek out items for you and let you know when they're available. The kindness keeps me coming back every year.

Well said. I fully understand that people are disappointed, but it's not greedy for a store to want to turn a profit and stay in business. Retail stores large and small have been closing all over this year, putting many out of work. Most stores have some kind of perk system tied into their cards, or a loyalty program for frequent customers. It's up to you if the perks appeal to you enough to sign up for the card if you are able, of course they want you to.
Given how many people on this thread alone have placed orders for multiple sizes, or have large lists of things they plan to return, items will continue to pop up. Hopefully everyone will be able to get some of the things they want.

Last edited:
Have enjoyed this thread. Thanks to everyone who posted previews and reviews!

A couple items I bought and love that I haven't seen mentioned here:

Rag and Bone Dre jeans in dark olive. Look almost black irl. Glad I went to the store bc I wouldn't have even looked at jeans online. Happened to walk by these and grabbed them to try on bc I love olive green. Size down if debating.

http://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/rag-bone-jean-the-dre-slim-fit-boyfriend-jeans-aged-dark-olive/4058529?origin=category-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=PEACOAT MULTI

Equipment Dorothy sweater. Again I got the green. Doesn't look like much online but I love the feel and fit of it. Also runs a bit big.

http://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/equipment-dorothy-cashmere-pullover/4629331?origin=category-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=PEACOAT MULTI

Theory beninaty sweater

http://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/theory-beninaty-b-cashmere-sweater/4611157?origin=category-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=BLACK MULTI

I also got the halogen side tie sweater in charcoal (didn't notice itchiness like others mentioned so I'll have to pay attn when I try it in again!), some washcloths, and when they added the 10 points day I ordered the Bony Levy Gianna ring from last yr's sale that is now 40% off, as well as a few others things I've been wanting.

I was also lucky enough to nab the one and only Ted baker sweater at my store. It was a size smaller than I usually wear in TB but it worked.

http://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/ted-b..._v3&recs_source=recbot&recs_page_type=product
I got the Ted Baker sweater, too. I don't even know if I would have discovered it but my SA always likes to pull extra pieces for me to try and this one was a winner!

Reactions: StylishMD
I never post and I am not sure if shared but....

https://www.nordstromcard.com/optin/app.html?c=zeropercentapr

Link to opt in (if eligible) :smile:

Thanks! I was able to opt in.

Thanks for the link! It saves me from calling. I was reading the terms and it says that as long as we activate it before August 6, then any purchases made at Nordstrom (+ Rack, etc.) between July 10 and August 6 will apply. So it should be retroactive based on the terms.

That's my understanding as well!

haha, I am visiting my parents so staying at their house currently. I also have to hide the boxes and purchases from my dad. Too bad my brother still lives here so I can't hide them in his room!

I'm staying with my in-laws this week so I feel your pain! I've sent a lot of things home to just pick up when we get there, but I've been holding the items that I did send here at UPS and trying to smuggle them in!

Who is the target audience for this product and what is their eyelash situation? If I have average eyelashes will it help them look lush like my seven year old daughters doe eyelashes?

I also really need some input on the Foreo Mini. I bought it simply based on the positive feedback. Is it good for sensitive skin? Does it help exfoliate?

I got the Foreo Mini 2 on Tuesday and I have used it every morning and night. I love mine. I have sensitive skin and I think it's better than my Clarisonic. Not too harsh on the skin and the bristles are very soft. And it's so compact and easy-to-clean and dry, will be great for traveling.

Status
Not open for further replies.