Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2017 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My good friend works at Nordstrom. He says they're greedy. He told me they will not replenish items because they want to make a point that customers should get a credit card. That's why they did away with the debit card too. They weren't making any money from people paying interest. At first I didn't believe him, but now I'm beginning too!
I just thought about that, at this point if you don't have the card you are really out of luck The only reason I got the card was because of the sale. All stores are a little greedy but retail is also a hard business. I am sure doing away with E-b*** added to the bottom line as well.

I just thought about that, at this point if you don't have the card you are really out of luck The only reason I got the card was because of the sale. All stores are greedy though - that is nothing new. I am sure doing away with E-b*** added to the bottom line as well.
I only got my card b/c of the AS, too. I have a personal policy against store credit cards so I only have the debit option, but it did make me start shopping with Nordstrom more. I've always been surprised my card came with this perk since I wasn't really making them any money with interest, but I'll use it until they say I can't. And when that happens I'm sure I won't be tempted to get the store card. My priorities have changed. Like many, I now shop Amazon more than anything.

I only got my card b/c of the AS, too. I have a personal policy against store credit cards so I only have the debit option, but it did make me start shopping with Nordstrom more. I've always been surprised my card came with this perk since I wasn't really making them any money with interest, but I'll use it until they say I can't. And when that happens I'm sure I won't be tempted to get the store card. My priorities have changed. Like many, I now shop Amazon more than anything.
Nordstrom needs to talk to Amazon about how they run the process of getting items out of their warehouse. So they can move faster in shipping.

I'm sorry people are disappointed with the lack of re-stocks. However, the whole reason I signed up for a Nordstrom card years ago was for this sale. I look forward to it every year and quite honestly it's the only time my card gets used. It is an amazing perk. I love that some things are limited in stock, bloggers completely ruin certain items every year because everyone buys the exact same things. I'm glad some of the items I bought are harder to come by. Otherwise what is the incentive to participate at all? It's a genius strategy on Nordstrom's part and I can't fault them for it. As long as cardholders get a fair first crack at the sale, I don't mind the stock issues too much.

Most of the items will be restocked when the sale is over, and usually will be at a steeper discount come September. Nordstrom Rack will still be selling some of these things a year from now.

All that said I do hope the lovely Tpf ladies are able to find the things they have been wanting from the sale.

I was able to grab a couple things I missed the first go-round, a jacket and the pairs of shoes I ordered for my son, that never made it to me because of the ripped box. Some items were not restocked at 3am but were at 4am when I checked again. Also saw some new stock items.

I do understand the exclusivity of the card and I totally agree with that. I however feel that not restocking their store brands for the general sale really says a lot about how they are handling things. I could see limited availability on Burberry and the such but Halogen and Caslon... they just seem to not have had a good handle on things for this sale.

Maybe they just don't want so much extra inventory because they know Access sales tend to have a lot of returns? I don't usually order things in multiple sizes and take my chances, but I still do pretty much always have returns.

Reactions: tearex and Talinder
I have been stalking the mop s'well with no luck. Earlier today I called to request a stock check from a store. There were lots of stores that had several so I was able to do a charge send and it shipped out today and will be here Saturday! Have the item number when you call because the SA wasn't able to find it.
Do you know what department I should ask for when I call? There is no store in my state and I haven't had a SA for years.

Wow thanks! I was eligible! I hope its retroactive on all of the purchases I made during early acccess

I was reading the terms and it says " made using your Nordstrom credit card in stores or online at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, HauteLook or Trunk Club between July 10, 2017 and August 6, 2017 will receive a 0% promotional APR"

So yay, seems to be retroactive!!

ETA: sorry for echoing posts above confirming this, just now caught up on this thread :P

Last edited:
The only thing I was hoping to get was the halogen tunic tee the only color it's available in is ugly. I got one in my first order ordered the size I normally get in there tees, they usually run large. Unfortunately this item is more true to size and was sold out in the color and size I need. That was 2 days after the presale started. I was hoping to get some during the official sale no such luck. Very disappointing that most of the items people where looking to grab at the official sale where never restocked. So basically you need to shop the presale and buy multiples because even the house brands aren't consistent with sizing. Then return a million items.

I do understand the exclusivity of the card and I totally agree with that. I however feel that not restocking their store brands for the general sale really says a lot about how they are handling things. I could see limited availability on Burberry and the such but Halogen and Caslon... they just seem to not have had a good handle on things for this sale.
I agree that the Nordstrom house brands (bp, halogen, caslon, etc) should be heavily stocked. Personally I try not to buy those brands during the sale bc I think it is much easier for Nordstrom to mark up those prices for the sale. I think that buying most of those things at "full" price would be ridiculous and I can't comprehend why they think a bp non cashmere sweater should be $80 before sale. They are also usually the things that end up on sale in Sept.

The sale is really great for designer brands and exclusives, limited edition items and quality basics like under garments and tried-and-true favorites like Barefoot Dreams. Just my 2 cents.

Good point. You'd think store brands would have more availability. And I can see limiting premium designers.
I'm sorry people are disappointed with the lack of re-stocks. However, the whole reason I signed up for a Nordstrom card years ago was for this sale. I look forward to it every year and quite honestly it's the only time my card gets used. It is an amazing perk. I love that some things are limited in stock, bloggers completely ruin certain items every year because everyone buys the exact same things. I'm glad some of the items I bought are harder to come by. Otherwise what is the incentive to participate at all? It's a genius strategy on Nordstrom's part and I can't fault them for it. As long as cardholders get a fair first crack at the sale, I don't mind the stock issues too much.

Most of the items will be restocked when the sale is over, and usually will be at a steeper discount come September. Nordstrom Rack will still be selling some of these things a year from now.

All that said I do hope the lovely Tpf ladies are able to find the things they have been wanting from the sale.

I was able to grab a couple things I missed the first go-round, a jacket and the pairs of shoes I ordered for my son, that never made it to me because of the ripped box. Some items were not restocked at 3am but were at 4am when I checked again. Also saw some new stock items.
I'm also pleased to have things that are a little harder to come by. Last year that Alexander Wang burgundy bag was thought to be scooped up by Level 4 shoppers. I couldn't be upset with that as much as I coveted the bag. They literally paid for the perk and now have a bag they won't run into everyone carrying. I'm sure that enticed some people to sign up for a card - determined not to miss out on such a beautiful item.

Reactions: dorcast
Status
Not open for further replies.