No Weekender for me :(

I am a firm believer that when you give like this it will come back to you. Hopefully in the form of a fantastic weekender with your name at half price. Your gram is very lucky to have you and you did a wonderful thing. I bet she will be thanking you everytime she gets a great nights rest on her new mattress.

I agree with everyone so far... what a great thing for you to do, but I bet even if you hadn't been saving money you would have found a way to help your grandmother out.

I really do think your good deeds will come back to you somehow... remember that woman who bought the Balenciaga after seeing yours! You have a good karma surplus, man.

Again thank you ladies -- I think after a good night's sleep, I feel better on the situation now and have some perspective.

And I asked the same thing too to the nurisng home -- I think its a racket because there are only a certain number and types of mattresses that they allow (for sanitary concerns they say). Plus this allows her to position herself up or down plus the hardness level. In any case, I hope the mattress also serves her dinner, reads to her at night and plays music cause for $1600, Grammy may not get a Mother's Day gift this year (hehe).

That's how I look at it too...yeah it sucks to have to use your B-bag funds for something else, but the good thing is that you have the money! :yes:

But $1600 on a mattress??? That's a lot of dough...did you shop around first? I found a really nice mattress for my son for about $400 a few months ago. It's even more comfy that my mattress which cost twice as much.

Again thank you ladies -- I think after a good night's sleep, I feel better on the situation now and have some perspective.

And I asked the same thing too to the nurisng home -- I think its a racket because there are only a certain number and types of mattresses that they allow (for sanitary concerns they say). Plus this allows her to position herself up or down plus the hardness level. In any case, I hope the mattress also serves her dinner, reads to her at night and plays music cause for $1600, Grammy may not get a Mother's Day gift this year (hehe).

:tender: Well, I'm sure your Grammy will appreciate the new bed and the wonderful grandson she raised. And I'm sending all my good karma your way!! :yes:

I think is the most beautiful story I've red in this Forum...and the best reason to miss a gorgeous bag !!!
Clake you are an angel !!! And you Grandmother is lucky to have a grandson like you !!!!

you are such a beautiful person.. you did the right thing and I am so proud of you..good karma will come to you.. and i truly hope that your grandma is enjoying her new mattress and sleeping better at night... she raised you well.. =)

You are such a sweet person!

I am sure your grammy is really proud of you, and I am also sure that something will happen that will make you raise the funds faster than 10 months. Don't worry, 10 months is nothing after all, it's just after the summer, and the saving plan you described seems to be a safe and non stressing one.

Be focused, good luck, and just talk to us when you need to cheer up.

Sorry but I don't own any weekender, so I can't show you pics