No price tag. Is this normal?

In the UK you never get the tags. When my SA is putting my sale through the till it appears that they keep the information from the tags and log it against my profile. I don’t think not having them affects any kind of provenance or authenticity.

Depends on the country. In my experience, if I was the first person the bag was sold to or delivered to in America, most of the time it has the tags. If I was not the first person, the tag could got lost during the transaction of the previous buyer or SA. My SA tries to include the tags when there is one. She doesn't remove it on purpose.

Both in boutiques in UK and FR (flagship) the tags were taken off and not provided. Surprisingly the one in FR the SA placed it in an envelope .

Edit:
Came across some threads in TPF from 2018 and seems to be normal and for inventory purposes, but the practice varies from location to location.

Last edited:
Both in boutiques in UK and FR (flagship) the tags were taken off and not provided. Surprisingly the one in FR the SA placed it in an envelope .

Edit:
Came across some threads in TPF from 2018 and seems to be normal and for inventory purposes, but the practice varies from location to location.
None of the bags I've purchased in the EU came with the sales tags, maybe they assume everything is already listed on the invoice & VAT refund document? Even some of the bags I got from the US boutiques don't have tags, only the two where I purchased from Bergdorf and Neiman have tags.

Hi all. I just purchased the Classic Chanel zipped coin purse today from the Chanel store but noticed I did not get the authentication card (I heard they may be phasing these out?). My SA also didn’t include the retail tag with my wallet as well, and I don’t see a serial code or holographic sticker anywhere. Is this normal?

72B0F272-1F18-4356-90FB-B6CECBE5BA65.jpeg

I just bought a mini o case - it didn't come with an authenticity card, which I found out is not included any more. But I did receive a tag and the serial number is behind a piece of leather stitched inside the pouch.